2023 Quarterback (Senior) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 Quarterback (Senior)

Duggan might end up being the best QB in this class.
A good athlete that also grew up as a coach's son.
Similar to Burrow a few years ago, it took a competent offensive scheme for him to finally showcase his abilities.
No

Duggan does not have Burrow's arm talent, not even close.

IF he makes in the NFL it will be as a backup.

I like Duggan, and I believe he can be successful. He is not the best in this class though. Young and Stroud are at the top for me.

In other words, Duggan will be drafted either in late rounds or will be undrafted.
I see him as a late Day 3 more than a UDFA.

He has the leadership and will to win intangibles that will get him drafted.

His limitations make him a likely backup but possibly a prety good one.

I'm not advocating for Duggan to be a first round pick or taken ahead of Young and Stroud. I would not be surprised if he ends up being the best QB from this class in a few years.

If he shreds Georgia in the title game his stock is going to sky rocket.

Perhaps it's a hill to die on, but I'm still a Will Levis man as far as this discussion goes.

I think there are NFL coordinators calling playoff football games this weekend that would start him right now, even without figuring in any development or maturation.

Levis will not get past Indy at #4 and it would not surprise me if he went as high as #2 to Houston.

I don't think he be will be picked ahead of Young but a team might prefer his physicality to the slightly built Young.

I'm not advocating for Duggan to be a first round pick or taken ahead of Young and Stroud. I would not be surprised if he ends up being the best QB from this class in a few years.

If he shreds Georgia in the title game his stock is going to sky rocket.
And if he doesn't? ;)

I see him as a late Day 3 more than a UDFA.

He has the leadership and will to win intangibles that will get him drafted.

His limitations make him a likely backup but possibly a prety good one.
I was looking at him as a developmental type to compete with Thompson and maybe become quarterback #2 for Miami.

I was looking at him as a developmental type to compete with Thompson and maybe become quarterback #2 for Miami.

No. He is starter material. You give him the reigns of the offense and full rookie window to lead you, just like any top 5 pick or guys like Prescott, Carr, Jackson who had some issues but are starter material.

Think Duggan is a poor man's baker mayfield. I have watched him in a few games and he doesn't seem very accurate for a guy that's doesn't have any real special traits. I just looked up his stats and he's a 60% passer for his career playing in the zero defense big 12. He's got moxie and toughness though. I like that about him.

Think Duggan is a poor man's baker mayfield. I have watched him in a few games and he doesn't seem very accurate for a guy that's doesn't have any real special traits. I just looked up his stats and he's a 60% passer for his career playing in the zero defense big 12. He's got moxie and toughness though. I like that about him.
Better athlete than Baker, Worse passer than Baker, better human than Baker.

Back
Top Bottom