2023 Quarterback (Senior) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 Quarterback (Senior)

I'm a lot higher on Clayton Tune than the consensus. Feel like his combination of poise and ability are better than all the Sr QB's outside of Levis - with Levis's physical tools doing the heavy lifting.

Navigates the pocket - spreads the ball all over the field: deep outside, in traffic over the middle, and gets to his checkdown or uses his legs when appropriate. Generally, he puts the ball where it needs to be. He's elusive in the pocket and as a runner and has the speed to make the D pay for turning their backs.

B/B+ arm talent - in the range of someone like Geno Smith. Better than guys like Burrow and Mac Jones - not in the range of the top arms, though. His placement on downfield throws is what you want, though, and I saw examples of him putting far-hash throws on a line 20 yards down the field.

More than anything, I see a guy who consistently maximizes plays for the offense. Outside of Bryce Young and - maybe but not as consistently - Anthony Richardson, no other QB from this class has the combination of understanding and tools to maximize plays one after the other.

He shows the ability to hit his back foot and get the ball out on time and in rhythm and the ability to extend plays.

Imo like most years, most of the non-top QB's are feeble. You turn a game on, and you see the ball drip out of their hand, and you know right away that they're longshots to last as backups. You see 300 lb DL run as fast as them, and you know they have a steep, uphill climb.

Very curious to see where he ends up.
I think itā€™s just us one the Tune bandwagon. šŸ˜

What is everyone's thoughts on Dorrian Thompson-Robinson?
A lot of starting experience and he has arm talent, but he seems to decide where he's going pre-snap a lot.
He had a brutal INT against USC on the final drive this year.

DTR had a great year, first round year. I had him as one of the top QBs in college. He has athletic ability, good arm, had great production, and then came the bowl game. In the second half of that game he threw three picks one after the other, and exited the game with back spasms and cried on the bench. Not good. He is soft and small. That's why Stetson Bennett who has poise in abundance to sell will be taken ahead of him and DTR may go undrafted. *hottake.

The clips i saw of Holton Ahlers pro day, a lot of his hitch looked improved and his deep ball looked nicer. He also mentioned from when he started QB Country 3 months ago that he's went from a long ball of 58 yards to 71 yards.

Deep down i still want Ahlers as a preferred UFA if he's available.

DTR had a great year, first round year. I had him as one of the top QBs in college. He has athletic ability, good arm, had great production, and then came the bowl game. In the second half of that game he threw three picks one after the other, and exited the game with back spasms and cried on the bench. Not good. He is soft and small. That's why Stetson Bennett who has poise in abundance to sell will be taken ahead of him and DTR may go undrafted. *hottake.

I wouldn't draft him.

I would not draft DTR either. I would draft Stetson Bennett, he is a two time champ. Plus he is somewhat athletic, he tested well.
I could see Bennett being a long time NFL backup.

He is smart and tough, as just enough of an arm, and he is sneaky fast.

I don't think Miami is looking to add another young QB this Draft but if they were, you could do worse with guys who will surely go well ahead of him.

Back
Top Bottom