2023 Quarterback (Underclassman) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 Quarterback (Underclassman)

TVD is going to make someone really happy. I'm bias as a Canes fan, but he just put up elite numbers on an iffy team his first year.

This year will tell a lot about the type of QB he is. Sometimes guys regress, but if he gets better you might be looking at the best QB in the class.

I am looking forward to the USC/Stanford game Sat night.

Tanner McKee might be the best pure passer in this Draft class.

Not the athlete the other top guys are and has little talent around him but he might be the most accurate passer in this very strong group.

I just love how natural Bryce young is when he plays Qb..the movement skills from head to toe are great to watch

I just love how natural Bryce young is when he plays Qb..the movement skills from head to toe are great to watch

Yeah it is, but it's because it has to be. He's small, and can look small and play small when things around him aren't going well. Which is only going to get magnified in the NFL where things around you are going to be chaotic pretty much constantly, and raw size is the only thing that can help you. But he's a great college quarterback. I worry a little bit about his projection to the next level because of his size.

He's 2 inches shorter and 25 pounds lighter than Tua. Without the natural lower body mass and huge tree trunk legs that Tua has.

You should see Bryce play basketball. He plays quarterback the same way - like an elite point guard.

Yeah it is, but it's because it has to be. He's small, and can look small and play small when things around him aren't going well. Which is only going to get magnified in the NFL where things around you are going to be chaotic pretty much constantly, and raw size is the only thing that can help you. But he's a great college quarterback. I worry a little bit about his projection to the next level because of his size.

He's 2 inches shorter and 25 pounds lighter than Tua. Without the natural lower body mass and huge tree trunk legs that Tua has.

You should see Bryce play basketball. He plays quarterback the same way - like an elite point guard.
Sometimes in those small pacakages Slimm those tendons are wired differently where there is all kind of quick twitch and strength wrapped up in there.

I haven’t seen any signs of arm strength issues yet have you?

Sometimes in those small pacakages Slimm those tendons are wired differently where there is all kind of quick twitch and strength wrapped up in there.

I haven’t seen any signs of arm strength issues yet have you?

No. Arm strength isn't an issue. He has the arm talent to play in the NFL. It's the size I'm concerned about. You have to know what I mean when I say he can play small.

In the NFL, sometimes you just need size to help you overcome things around you at the quarterback position. It's just such an advantage. People tend to underestimate it.

It's not durability or injuries I'm concerned about. Bryce has been durable and he's tough. It's the SIZE I'm concerned about. Not because of injury. But because you need it to overcome chaos and stand strong in the pocket in the NFL.

Bryce can shrink in the pocket and play small when the blocking breaks down. And that's going to happen every other play in the NFL. He can go a month at Alabama and not have to deal with it. But that won't happen at the next level. Bad teams with poor offensive lines are everywhere in the NFL.

He doesn't see the field quite as well as Tua and doesn't see receivers coming open as soon as Tua did. Although I haven't seen many that ever did.

I just think size is going to hinder him at the next level. I can just see it.

No. Arm strength isn't an issue. He has the arm talent to play in the NFL. It's the size I'm concerned about. You have to know what I mean when I say he can play small.

In the NFL, sometimes you just need size to help you overcome things around you at the quarterback position. It's just such an advantage. People tend to underestimate it.

It's not durability or injuries I'm concerned about. Bryce has been durable and he's tough. It's the SIZE I'm concerned about. Not because of injury. But because you need it to overcome chaos and stand strong in the pocket in the NFL.

Bryce can shrink in the pocket and play small when the blocking breaks down. And that's going to happen every other play in the NFL. He can go a month at Alabama and not have to deal with it. But that won't happen at the next level. Bad teams with poor offensive lines are everywhere in the NFL.

He doesn't see the field quite as well as Tua and doesn't see receivers coming open as soon as Tua did. Although I haven't seen many that ever did.

I just think size is going to hinder him at the next level. I can just see it.
if we get into the scouting of qbs for the dolphins next year I'll be sure to take your thoughts into play..if we don't and Tua is our guy, then I'll just enojoy watching him play.

I worry about Young's size as well.

There is literally nothing else to quibble about with him, but it is a big thing.

As pach said he is quite a bit smaller than Tua and while he is quicker and faster than Tua he is not Kyler Murray fast.

QB size is not as important as it used to be in the NFL since they don't get hit much anymore, but it is an issue for a QB trying to see over his OL and the opposing DL.

With a good OL in front of him I would expect him to be fine in the NFL.

He is wildly inconsistent with his accuracy as well.

Kid has a long way to go but his athletic traits and size make it worth the effort.

His upside is comically high.

You see the talent with Anthony Richardson, but man does he make some boneheaded decisions.

He does but it’s due to inexperience. He’s so inexperienced and green, I don’t think it’s worth analyzing the decision making at this stage.

There’s a lot of QB’s that have started a lot of games, have a lot experience, and make a lot of good decisions that have no shot to be a starting quarterback at the next level.

It may not be this year because he needs to get a lot of games under his belt, but you have to view a player like Richardson with a telescope instead of a microscope.

Some players you have to view with a telescope and take the long range outlook into account. Others the correct view is through a microscope.

The best evaluators tend to know when to apply which method.

He does but it’s due to inexperience. He’s so inexperienced and green, I don’t think it’s worth analyzing the decision making at this stage.

There’s a lot of QB’s that have started a lot of games, have a lot experience, and make a lot of good decisions that have no shot to be a starting quarterback at the next level.

It may not be this year because he needs to get a lot of games under his belt, but you have to view a player like Richardson with a telescope instead of a microscope.

Some players you have to view with a telescope and take the long range outlook into account. Others the correct view is through a microscope.

The best evaluators tend to know when to apply which method.

I think someone is going to fall in love with him throwing passes in t-shirts and shorts.

He probably needs to stay and work with Billy Napier for an additional season, but if he incrementally improves this season i think he's gone.

Richardson has a long way to go. They are stuck in that high school offense w/ him

Incredible athlete seems like a great kid but hes an athlete at QB at the moment

In terms of where Richardson is in his development as a quarterback, he’s right where Jalen Hurts, Robert Griffin and Cam Newton were at the same point.

Hurts and Griffin just had substantially more game experience and better talent around them than Richardson does.

The problem with Florida’s offense is that Napier won’t run Richardson like the others because he’s not comfortable with the backup QB situation if Richardson gets injured. But he’s going to have to get over that if they want to score points and have a decent season.

I see a lot of mistakes that are just flat out due to inexperience with Richardson. Like the interception in the end zone vs South Florida. That back shoulder throw converts to a fade if the DB is playing the back shoulder throw and reacting to the fade. Vice versa if he’s playing the fade and reacting to the back shoulder throw.

Just things a quarterback has to learn with experience.

Decision making and reading coverages will come with experience. But Richardson shows the ability to fit throws into tight coverage.

Jalen Hurts couldn’t hit anybody unless they had been running wide open for 3 seconds his sophomore year. But he’d make one read and take off if it was covered.

They’re not allowing Richardson to do that.

Back
Top Bottom