2023 Quarterback (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 Quarterback (Underclassman)

All this ...

As an aside, why are you stopping these lists on here? I doubt you're stopping them altogether. If J-off isn't taking over for ya on here, what would make you change your mind? I'll start a damn collection if I need to ... and throw in a few hundred myself just to show how serious I am in not wanting these threads to end.

Hope all is well btw. Please don't leave. :HAT:

I would never charge money for my opinion. Which is all these threads are.

I especially wouldn’t charge money to people that enjoy them. There is no amount of money that would keep me doing it. I’m retiring.

There’s already enough draft sites and things like that out there that charge money for a simple Top 25 prospect ranking. Kiper and McShay come to mind.

I have no idea why they would charge people money just to read their fluid and changing rankings of prospects. But I digress..

The one thing I hoped to accomplish when I started doing this many years ago, was to expose what a con job NFL front offices are. That’s it. And if I only convinced one person in all these years of doing it, and opened their eyes to the reality - then I’m satisfied.

I managed to convince my harshest critic of the truth. Finally.

It takes a lot of work year round to do these rankings. More than people like Kiper, McShay, or Chris Grier will ever know.

If folks like you have enjoyed these threads over the years, that’s all the payment I need, Bob.

I especially wouldn’t charge money to people that enjoy them. There is no amount of money that would keep me doing it. I’m retiring.

There’s already enough draft sites and things like that out there that charge money for a simple Top 25 prospect ranking. Kiper and McShay come to mind.

I have no idea why they would charge people money just to read their fluid and changing rankings of prospects. But I digress..

The one thing I hoped to accomplish when I started doing this many years ago, was to expose what a con job NFL front offices are. That’s it. And if I only convinced one person in all these years of doing it, and opened their eyes to the reality - then I’m satisfied.

It takes a lot of work year round to do these rankings. More than people like Kiper, McShay, or Chris Grier will ever know.

If folks like you have enjoyed these threads over the years, that’s all the payment I need, Bob.

Definitely enjoyed. Work is much appreciated

You convinced me, so there's 1. And I have enjoyed them thoroughly.

I'm surprised you're retiring. Why might I ask? I can tell you've been doing this for a long time. And you know that once you stop tracking for a season or 2, that's time you can't get back to properly make the lists if you start back up. In other words, it sounds permanent. I was just curious as to why you're hangin em up.

You convinced me, so there's 1. And I have enjoyed them thoroughly.

I'm surprised you're retiring. Why might I ask? I can tell you've been doing this for a long time. And you know that once you stop tracking for a season or 2, that's time you can't get back to properly make the lists if you start back up. In other words, it sounds permanent. I was just curious as to why you're hangin em up.

Well a few reasons - not sure where to start. I’ll get with you.

As for Anthony Richardson, my main concern is the talent around him. Florida just took a sophomore transfer RB from UL-Lafayette and he’s going to come right in and be the starting RB.

Lost his best receiver Jacob Copeland to Maryland. Justin Shorter has a pair of bricks on the end of his arms and can only catch about 1 out of every 3 passes that hit his hands.

The young‘ins at WR are inexperienced, and no seam threat or matchup problem at the TE position.

Those are the concerns I have for Richardson. Along with learning a new offense. I have no concerns regarding his talent.

Here here..

Well a few reasons - not sure where to start. I’ll get with you.

As for Anthony Richardson, my main concern is the talent around him. Florida just took a sophomore transfer RB from UL-Lafayette and he’s going to come right in and be the starting RB.

Lost his best receiver Jacob Copeland to Maryland. Justin Shorter has a pair of bricks on the end of his arms and can only catch about 1 out of every 3 passes that hit his hands.

The young‘ins at WR are inexperienced, and no seam threat or matchup problem at the TE position.

Those are the concerns I have for Richardson. Along with learning a new offense. I have no concerns regarding his talent.

The transfers have been concerning. A lot of these guys are starters too and are just transferring to lesser programs to also start at the same position. Not a good look, that's for sure.

We'll see what Richardson has between the ears this season. You could tell he didn't know the playbook last year and was just making it up as he went along. Mullen is typically better with QBs than that so I was surprised the coaching was as lacking as it was. Why else would Emory ****ing Jones be starting, ya know?

It's amazing what a few years can do recruiting wise. Remember all the weapons Trask had out there? Mullen definitely didn't do Richardson any favors. He's gonna have to make some studs out there ... won't be easy.

My biggest concern is corner. Gator teams have relied on shutdown corners for years and years now. Damn near take that for granted. This is the first season I can remember where that entire group are relative unknowns. Yikes.

Look forward to hearing from ya.

Hillbilly you be a Certified Finheaven Treasure (CFT) and an old farty smarty pants as well!

Your contribution to this site is at the top of the totem pole.

In my opinion. Of course.

Hope you and the cousins are having lots of fun!

BNF

I’ve always felt that these front office people claiming to work 12-16 hour days were full of $#/t.
If they truly are, then part of that time is spent sleeping at the facility or doing things other than the job.

The amount of work you’re puting into this and the qualify of it all but proves that they aren’t putting in the same amount of time.

The only people I believe are actually working that much are the actual scouts.

Many of us have truly enjoyed your writings Slimm. And yes, some of us didn't agree with everything you always posted but your opinions were backed by research and experienced. I will miss your knowledge and expertise.
Thank you for the many years you've given us all that. Hope you and your family stay well, and enjoy your well earned retirement.

Last edited:
You're the best, Slimm. I think these rankings make a lot of sense, and I think you're absolutely right about Richardson. He had spurts of complete dominance in 2021.
He'll do well as the primary focus. They spent too much time vacillating between AR and Emory. Now AR will shine and quite brightly.

Just to clarify, didn’t say he was Cam Newton. Just said he’s as close to Cam Newton as you can get without being Cam Newton.

Cam Newton’s only come around once.

Richardson is just the closest thing to Cam since Cam. Certainly a lot closer than to Josh Freeman.

Josh Freeman ain’t hitting 21 MPH on the GPS like Richardson. We’re talking about a different caliber athlete with a different level of explosiveness in the hamstrings.

Also, Richardson was only a RS Freshman, and he battled injuries last year. He hasn’t even started his sophomore year yet.

Cam Newton still hadn’t barely seen the field by the time he was a sophomore other than at Blinn JUCO. Then went to Auburn, set all kinds of records and became the #1 overall pick. All out of nowhere.

What I’m saying is Richardson is the type of talent and has the type of upside to do the same thing. However, he also has the ability to drop out of my top 5 Underclassman quarterbacks. That’s why I say keep an eye on him and watch his development.

Mullen wasn’t developing anybody last year. At any position. He didn’t develop Cam Newton either.

Mullen wasn’t even going to recruit until the season was over. He really said that. As soon as I heard him say it I knew he was history and told ‘em in the Gator thread in the college forum. You can’t survive that comment as a head coach in the SEC.

Just keep in mind Richardson’s 167 yard passing performance is far more than Cam Newton ever passed for after his first 2 seasons in college.

All I’m saying is Anthony Richardson has the type of size and skillset the NFL likes to take high in the draft. It’s the type of skillset that can go from 167 yards, to #1 overall pick in a year.

That's a compliment, right? /s

Last edited:
I'm curious as to what the consensus on Cam Rising is?

Being unbiased as possible, he reminds me of B. Mayfield but without the attitude/drama. If he were to declare for 2023; I'd invest (at this point) a 4th rd pick... no more no less

p.s. I'm hearing a lot of good things about another former Longhorn (like Rising).... Ja'Quinden Jackson

I'm curious as to what the consensus on Cam Rising is?

Being unbiased as possible, he reminds me of B. Mayfield but without the attitude/drama. If he were to declare for 2023; I'd invest (at this point) a 4th rd pick... no more no less

p.s. I'm hearing a lot of good things about another former Longhorn (like Rising).... Ja'Quinden Jackson

Utah’s season really took off after they ditched Brewer for Rising. Although I’m not real fond of him as an NFL prospect.

Middle rounds is probably a fair grade at this point for someone that likes him.

Reminds me a lot of the Sam Ehlinger kid at Texas that he sat behind before transferring to Utah - and I wasn’t much of a Sam Ehlinger proponent.

But he’s a gamer up to a certain level, much like Ehlinger.

Utah’s season really took off after they ditched Brewer for Rising. Although I’m not real fond of him as an NFL prospect.

Middle rounds is probably a fair grade at this point for someone that likes him.

Reminds me a lot of the Sam Ehlinger kid at Texas that he sat behind before transferring to Utah - and I wasn’t much of a Sam Ehlinger proponent.

But he’s a gamer up to a certain level, much like Ehlinger.

Ehlinger comparison is spot on; I like it better than mine.

Back
Top Bottom