11. Keaton Mitchell / E. Carolina / 5’8”, 179

12. Deuce Vaughn / Kansas St. / 5’5”, 179

13. Zach Evans / Ole Miss / 5’11”, 202

14. Tavion Thomas / Utah / 6’0”, 237

15. Tiyon Evans / Louisville / 5’9”, 225

16. Titus Swen / Wyoming / 5’10”, 201

17. Lew Nichols / C. Michigan / 5’10”, 220

Last edited:
Feels like at worst this RB class rivals 2020, and it could well rival 2017.
After Robinson, I like Gibbs a LOT - particularly for teams from the Shanahan/Kubiak/Shanahan tree. Reminds me a little of James Cook with his speed/quickness through the hole, but he obv runs much harder. I also love his ability to make plays in the passing game - excellent transition from catch to run.

Feels like at worst this RB class rivals 2020, and it could well rival 2017.
After Robinson, I like Gibbs a LOT - particularly for teams from the Shanahan/Kubiak/Shanahan tree. Reminds me a little of James Cook with his speed/quickness through the hole, but he obv runs much harder. I also love his ability to make plays in the passing game - excellent transition from catch to run.

He’s phenomenal. It’s hard to impress Saban enough to get him to brag on you. but Gibbs managed to do it as soon as he stepped on campus. Has been lights out in spring camp.

Some of the folks that have been around in the program a while already compare him to Alvin Kamara.

People tend to forget Kamara was originally in Tuscaloosa and couldn’t get on the field behind T.J. Yeldon, Derrick Henry and Kenyan Drake.

I think we will see a 1st Round RB next year for sure, maybe several.

The first 5 on this list are all intriguing and I am smitten with Achane's speed. We might see a Combine shaking 40 time from him next Spring.

Love it...

I really do get a lot of Chris Johnson vibes watching Keaton Mitchell. Explosiveness wise and we lined CJ out wide some much like we do Mitchell. not the same build CJ had a little more power/size.

The combine is what jumped CJ up into the first round, its a different time, but i think if Mitchell has another good season, then the combine will push up his draft stock too. i could see his 40 time be in CJ's ball park.

Im just hoping he's more Chris Johnson than Jerris McPhail. Granted McPhail was a Pirate before i enrolled there and became a fan so i didnt exactly follow his collegiate career like i did CJ and KM's

for anyone that wants to see speed

He’s phenomenal. It’s hard to impress Saban enough to get him to brag on you. but Gibbs managed to do it as soon as he stepped on campus. Has been lights out in spring camp.

Some of the folks that have been around in the program a while already compare him to Alvin Kamara.

People tend to forget Kamara was originally in Tuscaloosa and couldn’t get on the field behind T.J. Yeldon, Derrick Henry and Kenyan Drake.

Absolutely see Kamara in his game, and I think a similar role would be ideal for him. I don't think he has the best instincts or creativity as a runner (though, he was in a rough spot at Georgia Tech), but when he puts his foot in the ground, he's lightning, and he's very hard to tackle.

Only one of the top RB's to average over 10 yards per target in each of the last two years, and he had more receiving volume than everyone but Vaughn. To me, he's pretty close to an ideal, modern RB.

Absolutely see Kamara in his game, and I think a similar role would be ideal for him. I don't think he has the best instincts or creativity as a runner (though, he was in a rough spot at Georgia Tech), but when he puts his foot in the ground, he's lightning, and he's very hard to tackle.

Only one of the top RB's to average over 10 yards per target in each of the last two years, and he had more receiving volume than everyone but Vaughn. To me, he's pretty close to an ideal, modern RB.

I honestly knew Gibbs was a special player coming out of high school. Alabama recruited him but we got on him late in the process, and we already had a full class of the top RB’s in the country already committed. Gibbs ultimately decided to keep his commitment to GT. But I knew he was better than some of the higher rated backs we already had signed. I knew the 3 star rating by the recruiting services was far too low for Gibbs….and so did Nick Saban.

The timing just didn’t work out. But the timing is right now.

Personally, I tend to not really be a fan of the modern runningback. I see so many with that “specialized” skillset that just can’t produce.

I like outdated, old school traits in my RB. The Nick Chubb, Mark Ingram, Dalvin Cook type. I don’t care how good your pass catching skills are if you can’t run between the tackles, break tackles, and have great contact balance to get yards after contact. That’s what I want in my RB. I’ll throw it to my WR’s when I want to throw it. I need you to be able to run it.

That’s why I preferred Zamir White over James Cook. White is just better at all those things that I like in my RB. It was just so many knee injuries that forced me to rank him below where I actually liked him.

Gibbs is different though. Which is why I like him. He’s a very physical back to possess that modern skillset. He has an old school attitude when he runs. He’s not out there just trying to look pretty and “modern”.

If you can’t break tackles and be physical, you just end up being Sony Michel or Keith Marshall. Or Trung Canidate. Or many, many others.

Early interests: Lew Nichols and Dewayne McBride for me. Perhaps Damien Moore too.

Slimm,

I know he's not eligible but after watching the ole miss game last night,

How did Alabama not offer Judkins?

Well they missed on him for sure as they had other backs rated higher on their board, when this kid was right here in the backyard.

I saw him twice in person his Senior year against McGill-Toolen and Spain Park. I’m just glad we had moved up to 6-A by then - otherwise we likely would’ve had to face him in the playoffs had we still been 5-A.

He’s the best pure inside runner I’ve seen as a freshman probably since Marcus Lattimore’s freshman year at South Carolina.

This kid means business.

Well they missed on him for sure as they had other backs rated higher on their board, when this kid was right here in the backyard.

I saw him twice in person his Senior year against McGill-Toolen and Spain Park. I’m just glad we had moved up to 6-A by then - otherwise we likely would’ve had to face him in the playoffs had we still been 5-A.

He’s the best pure inside runner I’ve seen as a freshman probably since Marcus Lattimore’s freshman year at South Carolina.

This kid means business.

He reminds me of Maurice Clarett

The kid has great feet for a punishing inside runner too.

Hopefully they don't run him into the ground before he can make it to the NFL.

I am really liking Blake Corum. I could see him near the top of this list.

Back
Top Bottom