2023 Runningback (Underclassman) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 Runningback (Underclassman)

quick question, is williams a mike lb or edge rusher type

Weak side linebacker in a 4-2-5 base.

He’s basically aligned in a 40 Technique - which is the same alignment as a 4 Technique, just off the ball.

I'd like to see the team stop taking half measures at running back and identify someone early on they like and get him.
Grier doesn't seem to value running backs and i don't think it's a coincidence we've been a dreadful rushing team since he took over except for catching lightning in a bottle for a season with Jay Ajayi.
With that said, i think Gibbs would be phenomenal for us.

I'd like to see the team stop taking half measures at running back and identify someone early on they like and get him.
Grier doesn't seem to value running backs and i don't think it's a coincidence we've been a dreadful rushing team since he took over except for catching lightning in a bottle for a season with Jay Ajayi.
With that said, i think Gibbs would be phenomenal for us.
I am not on board with Gibbs. I do think he has great ability. I think he lacks toughness. He is a great open field runner. He just isn’t a between the tackles, every down guy. I see him as more of a receiver than a running back.

I am not on board with Gibbs. I do think he has great ability. I think he lacks toughness. He is a great open field runner. He just isn’t a between the tackles, every down guy. I see him as more of a receiver than a running back.

Spot on. Great fit if your bread and butter is OZ. Which is certainly the case with McDaniel.

Same with Achane. Two best pure OZ runners and home run hitters in the draft.

But definitely do not excel running between the tackles.

I agree, you would need to pair him with a more traditional back.

I'm okay with another Mostert type running back. A bit undersized but explosive. We run between the tackles, but we also expect running backs to catch, run on outside stretch play, and sweeps and jets.
Now, it will be impossible to find another Mostert. Mostert had 40" vertical and 131" broad jumo and ran 4.38, super explosive, dude is a Ferrari. Plus to find someone like that but who has great college experience and production. Mostert took 3 years to develop in the NFL. We cannot have that. We need someone who can play great next season.

I think the Fins could keep Mostert and Wilson relatively cheaply and maybe go find a power type to join them.

Bigsby or Charbonnet maybe?

A team like Miami that doesn’t have any 1st round picks left could have a successful draft just by going Tulane back to back on day 2 with Tyjae Spears and linebacker Dorian Williams. Dead serious.

I like it. That dude Tyjae Spears looks really good. Day 2 is a bit rich tho, but we don't have picks on day 3 until 6th round so might have to reach on a back on day 2. I don't really like any of the backs projected for picks 200+ to come and step in and be productive.

its all good. i know im a homer. im just resdy for bowl announcements. im sure we will get a **** bowl at 1 am during the work week.

i think mitchell is a goner regardless, but if he has a good bowl game, ZERO reason for him to come back

I like Mitchell and Spears a lot. Would love either for Miami - Achane as well, but I'd take whichever I could get in the 3rd or 4th.

I like Mitchell and Spears a lot. Would love either for Miami - Achane as well, but I'd take whichever I could get in the 3rd or 4th.

I keep getting it rammed down my throat 5'9" 185. I dont care. ECU's gameplan on offense is pretty horrible or Mitchells line would look even better. I like Ahlers, home grown boy, think he was at ECU for 10 seasons it seemed, but when we hand off out of RPO...its the craziest **** ever...instead of rolling away from KM, we actually have Ahlers loop behind him, so we dont even try to get the LB's to bite.

I know the NFL is a whole different world to AAC, i just want to see a back that can slip thru the smallest crease with a slight turn of the pads and is gone

Charbonnet and McBride are my type RBs. They can make you miss or run slap over you.

If we could find an Aaron Jones-esque player that can be deadly as a checkdown option, I'd prefer that and try to re-sign Mostert and Wilson.

What round are the experts projecting Tyjae Spears will be drafted? He is a big part of the reason for Tulane's incredible success this past season. Occasionally, RB talent can come from an unexpected place and that includes Tulane University. Miami Dolphins have invested negligible Draft capital on running backs for over a decade.

Last edited:
After looking at the RB's in Miami's range I have come to the conclusion that Spears is my favorite.

But 2nd round is too rich for me and that is where it looks like he will land.

After Spears I like Charbonnet and Bigsby in R3 and then Chase Brown and The Deuce! after that.

Back
Top Bottom