2023 SF Pick Watch | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 SF Pick Watch

Random thought I've had for a while:

I wonder if Nick Bosa will want out of SF if Trey Lance isn't good this year? As if there wasn't enough pressure on Lance, his play could factor into NB's desire to stay in the bay area. Which for a hardcore republican from Florida, might not be his ideal nesting grounds for the rest of his life. Just throwing it out there, I am not sure to what extent it would ever be a factor for Nick at this point having grown up and lived a bit. However, I do know before the draft there was talk about SF not being an ideal place for someone with his views. He's wisely kept his mouth (and keyboard) shut since being selected by the Niners.

Obviously SF wouldn't let him walk after his 5th year (2023) option, obviously they'd tag him after that to ensure they own his rights. He's a game wrecker. He's one of the 2 or 3 (Chase Young being another) players in the league I'd most want to add to our roster. Just a pipe dream from an Ohio State homer of course. His contract could/should be the biggest ever for a defensive player (and then topped by Chase Young) so that alone is probably reason enough for me to put down the pipe. However, there is always that small chance things just go wrong for SF and they need to rebuild. If Deebo isn't happy with his production through the first month of the season, tensions will bubble. We know what kind of impact Mike McDaniel had on Deebo.

I love that Jaelen Phillips is a fin, love his potential, I think he will be great. Ogbah is pretty good, very solid, I'd rather have him than not have him. But Bosa............with Phillips, for the future?

But ya, lets go Rams, Cards, Seahawks (although Seahawks won't be much of a fight for SF).

Has a team ever lost 5 straight home games, 5 weeks in a row? Am I seeing this correctly? Saints shouldn't be that formidable though but lets hope.

Week 1 @ Chicago
Week 2 vs Seattle
Week 3 @ Denver
Week 4 vs LAR
Week 5 @ Carolina
Week 6 @ Atlanta
Week 7 vs Kansas City
Week 8 @ LAR
Week 9 BYE
Week 10 vs LAC
Week 11 vs Arizona
Week 12 vs New Orleans
Week 13 vs Miami
Week 14 vs Tampa Bay
Week 15 @ Seattle
Week 16 vs Washington
Week 17 @ Las Vegas
Week 18 vs Arizona

I've laid bare my Ohio State homerism in this post and I'll continue it here. Let's go Justin Fields. I know the Bears roster pretty well, they shouldn't be able to compete with the Niners, outside of the QB spot. My money is on SF in that game but Fields can play. It does appear the Niners will start 2-0 unfortunately. SF could be alternating back to back wins with back to back losses all the way until their Bye. 4-4 is a reasonable penciled in record for them through 8 games.

Kinda hoping Baker Mayfield gets traded to Carolina soon. That would be a big bonus in the W/L if Carolina can hang an L on them.

Then come those 5 straight home games (4 of which are brutal opponents). Could they lose 4 in a row heading into the Saints game with a 4-6 record? Probably.

7-10 is where I would project them right now. Lance definitely has elite physical traits and the comparison to Mahomes is understandable but it's still a long road to travel to actually get there. I feel kinda bad rooting against Lance. I almost want to make a deal with god that allows Lance to be a HOFer, but struggles this season. That's fair.

I'm bored at work on a Saturday morning. Trying to avoid talking about the same ole Dolphin crap. I am ready for the 2023 draft. We will be picking 14th and 26th if I had to bet but hoping for 1st and 32nd.

Could we add a top TE/RB combo in the first round next year with that bonus pick from San Fran? Michael Mayer and Bijan Robinson added to this offense......the league would intervene and just not allow it. Wouldn't be fair.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough this is on ESPN today...

San Francisco 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo to soon begin throwing after offseason shoulder surgery, source says​

This adds a wrinkle to their situation. I'd love too see him go to Carolina and Baker to Seattle, instead. That would give the Seahawks and Panthers a legit shot at beating SF and that would impact 3 games I have them penciled in for W's already.

Do they really let Jimmy G (and that $24.2M salary) onto the field at training camp?

Last edited:
Their division has potential to be very tough..it usually is. The Seahawks obviously take. Step back, but I look for the cards to be more dangerous

SF coaches are not going to tank a season in order to push Lance imo. If he looks bad in camp, then it’ll be Jimmy G again to start the season.

Best guess, we end up with a couple of picks in the mid/high teens to mid/high 20's. Something like 16 and 25.

I see mostly QB's and edge/DL going early. There will be a couple of WR/OL also.

No doubt many would support (TE) Mayer and (RB) Robinson. Personally I think we should consider a CB (Ringo/Porter). IMHO we have too much money tied up on our CB's and we need to think about replacements soon.

I'd be very happy with Ringo and Robinson at 16 and 25, hard as it is for me to consider a RB that high. But he is a special RB.

Well, with referrence to Bosa.... If Deebo doesn't get signed it will be interesting to see what happens next offseason with Bosa and Deebo..

Looking at their schedule GRYPHONK immediately picked 10 games that were potential losses.

7-10

With Lance as starter? Changes things of course.

GRYOHONK truly believe the 49ers pick will be a top 10. Maybe 8 pick.

So we will have the 8th and 32nd pick next draft.

So says GRYPHONK

Murray is a first half of season performer
It’ll probably be good for Kyler to get comfortable with his weapons sans Hopkins early on in the season. It was when he was lost for the year that their offense really started to falter. If Murray can take command early then they’ll be dangerous when Deandre comes back.

Interestingly enough this is on ESPN today...

San Francisco 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo to soon begin throwing after offseason shoulder surgery, source says​

This adds a wrinkle to their situation. I'd love too see him go to Carolina and Baker to Seattle, instead. That would give the Seahawks and Panthers a legit shot at beating SF and that would impact 3 games I have them penciled in for W's already.

Do they really let Jimmy G (and that $24.2M salary) onto the field at training camp?

I saw that on bspn's bottom line as the only nfl news while watching the College World Series yesterday.

ZFG re: Jimmy GQ... other than how it will affect the phins.

It’ll probably be good for Kyler to get comfortable with his weapons sans Hopkins early on in the season. It was when he was lost for the year that their offense really started to falter. If Murray can take command early then they’ll be dangerous when Deandre comes back.
I don't think Murray can take command of anything TBH. He is undoubtably a great athlete, but as a "leader", as well as a "read" QB he leaves a lot to be desired. He can make hay against meh teams during the regular season and even win a few against top competition when the ball bounces their way.

I don't see him as an "elite QB" in any sense. An elite athlete sure but that is, and will be, the extent of it unless he gets his mind focused on football, rather than all the ancillary BS.

Random thought I've had for a while:

I wonder if Nick Bosa will want out of SF if Trey Lance isn't good this year? As if there wasn't enough pressure on Lance, his play could factor into NB's desire to stay in the bay area. Which for a hardcore republican from Florida, might not be his ideal nesting grounds for the rest of his life. Just throwing it out there, I am not sure to what extent it would ever be a factor for Nick at this point having grown up and lived a bit. However, I do know before the draft there was talk about SF not being an ideal place for someone with his views. He's wisely kept his mouth (and keyboard) shut since being selected by the Niners.

Obviously SF wouldn't let him walk after his 5th year (2023) option, obviously they'd tag him after that to ensure they own his rights. He's a game wrecker. He's one of the 2 or 3 (Chase Young being another) players in the league I'd most want to add to our roster. Just a pipe dream from an Ohio State homer of course. His contract could/should be the biggest ever for a defensive player (and then topped by Chase Young) so that alone is probably reason enough for me to put down the pipe. However, there is always that small chance things just go wrong for SF and they need to rebuild. If Deebo isn't happy with his production through the first month of the season, tensions will bubble. We know what kind of impact Mike McDaniel had on Deebo.

I love that Jaelen Phillips is a fin, love his potential, I think he will be great. Ogbah is pretty good, very solid, I'd rather have him than not have him. But Bosa............with Phillips, for the future?

But ya, lets go Rams, Cards, Seahawks (although Seahawks won't be much of a fight for SF).

Has a team ever lost 5 straight home games, 5 weeks in a row? Am I seeing this correctly? Saints shouldn't be that formidable though but lets hope.

Week 1 @ Chicago
Week 2 vs Seattle
Week 3 @ Denver
Week 4 vs LAR
Week 5 @ Carolina
Week 6 @ Atlanta
Week 7 vs Kansas City
Week 8 @ LAR
Week 9 BYE
Week 10 vs LAC
Week 11 vs Arizona
Week 12 vs New Orleans
Week 13 vs Miami
Week 14 vs Tampa Bay
Week 15 @ Seattle
Week 16 vs Washington
Week 17 @ Las Vegas
Week 18 vs Arizona

I've laid bare my Ohio State homerism in this post and I'll continue it here. Let's go Justin Fields. I know the Bears roster pretty well, they shouldn't be able to compete with the Niners, outside of the QB spot. My money is on SF in that game but Fields can play. It does appear the Niners will start 2-0 unfortunately. SF could be alternating back to back wins with back to back losses all the way until their Bye. 4-4 is a reasonable penciled in record for them through 8 games.

Kinda hoping Baker Mayfield gets traded to Carolina soon. That would be a big bonus in the W/L if Carolina can hang an L on them.

Then come those 5 straight home games (4 of which are brutal opponents). Could they lose 4 in a row heading into the Saints game with a 4-6 record? Probably.

7-10 is where I would project them right now. Lance definitely has elite physical traits and the comparison to Mahomes is understandable but it's still a long road to travel to actually get there. I feel kinda bad rooting against Lance. I almost want to make a deal with god that allows Lance to be a HOFer, but struggles this season. That's fair.

I'm bored at work on a Saturday morning. Trying to avoid talking about the same ole Dolphin crap. I am ready for the 2023 draft. We will be picking 14th and 26th if I had to bet but hoping for 1st and 32nd.

Could we add a top TE/RB combo in the first round next year with that bonus pick from San Fran? Michael Mayer and Bijan Robinson added to this offense......the league would intervene and just not allow it. Wouldn't be fair.
Nick Bosa is an incredible talent. Game wrecker is the right description. Not just against the pass, but in the run game.

The only negative has been injuries and that's something to consider when his contract is going to be astronomical.

Back
Top Bottom