2023 Tight End (Underclassman) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 Tight End (Underclassman)

Like Jason Peters did. All of this is why I wouldn't totally be shocked if Washington is still available at Miami's pick 51.

Washington has more leverage than Peters did coming out of college though. Peters was basically told if he wanted an opportunity in the NFL he needed to move tackle.
Washington should look at the second contracts of TE v OT and take the risk in my opinion.

Washington has more leverage than Peters did coming out of college though. Peters was basically told if he wanted an opportunity in the NFL he needed to move tackle.
Washington should look at the second contracts of TE v OT and take the risk in my opinion.
Probably, but he is still a projection at tackle which makes Washington a tweener in some ways. That’s why I said it’s possible he is still on the board when Miami picks.

Last edited:
More realistically he should have started the transition at Georgia.

I wonder if that was ever discussed?

To be fair on the Jason Peters thing that was more of a no-brainer because the dude was 336 lbs. When he was playing TE for Arkansas, he looked like an offensive tackle. He didn't just play like one. He was an offensive tackle playing tight end and everyone could see it going all the way back.

Darnell Washington shows up to the Combine at a rocked up 272 lbs., runs a 4.60-4.64 and a 4.08 shuttle, and then does this in drills, you can see why there's going to be very active debate.

You end up tantalized enough to think this guy could be the next Rob Gronkowski.

Back
Top Bottom