2023 Tight End (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 Tight End (Underclassman)

IF Gesicki excels in the new scheme the Fins will pay him.

If not they will turn to FA or more likely the Draft for a front line TE.

As you can tell from Slimm's list this is going to be a pretty good TE class and Miami has extra picks so they could target a top TE next year.

There is also the chance that Long is a good fit and shows them something in his second year.

Goedart has been awesome. U can’t judge him entirely by the numbers bc he’s shared the field w/ Zach Ertz the most of his career, and last year without Ertz the eagles were I believe the NFLs most run heavy team under Jalen Hurts. Goedart is sick in the middle of the field. Would love to have him

This is what Miami needs Gesicki to do more consistently. This type of coverage eats Gesicki up. Goedart survives the physicality in the stem and uncovers himself. Miami needed that last year from Gesicki real bad. The occasional one handed grab aint enough. Gimme a flex that uncovers himself like this. Not to mention he can play in line too.

Gesicki is just not a physical player and he is not going to be.

He is a flex TE, a big WR really.

That can be valuable but i am pretty sure McDaniel is going to want a big two TE at some point.

Even if we keep Gesicki, he doesn't even play inline. After next season only Smythe (1yr remaining), Long (2yrs) and Cethan Carter (1yr) will remain under contract. While that doesn't force our hand to take TE in the 1st, we will most likely take one somewhere.

Goedart has been awesome. U can’t judge him entirely by the numbers bc he’s shared the field w/ Zach Ertz the most of his career, and last year without Ertz the eagles were I believe the NFLs most run heavy team under Jalen Hurts. Goedart is sick in the middle of the field. Would love to have him

No he hasn’t and yes you can.

Again, he’s been nothing special and isn’t ever gonna be special.

Now, if you prefer a different type of TE — an actual TE — then fine. No problem.

But stop pretending as if Goedert is something special to strive for. Here’s merely ok to good. There are plenty of better options out there. And hopefully the draft prospect you compared him to is better as well.

If Goedart is ok-good on that scale I’m not sure what that would make Gesicki. Goedart has caught over 70% of targets Gesicki I believe barely 60%. Goedart 16 touchdowns to mikes 13 on about 50 less targets. I got defenses chasing waddle around like a game of tag last year in coverage and my Flex TE scores 2 touchdowns on 112 targets. Good bad or average I don’t care just want a TE that can play to his size and also athleticism in the pass game. Unfortunately 88 doesn’t and it hurts the offense. Goedart does that consistently I know that. I would like to see Hunter long get some run. I could go till I’m blue in the face but only thing we can do is watch it play out.

5 top 100 picks next year if the offense shows well we can splurge on early skill pieces like Mayer and Robinson. If Boyer and the defense shows well and we don’t gotta invest in retooling the defense that will be huge for those picks.

Goedart is not George Kittle bit I would take him over Gesicki in a second(and I think McDaniel would too.)

I was mad when they took Gesicki over Goedart in the Draft but they wanted more of a big WR type TE and Gesicki fit that bill.

Gesicki has not been bad but he hasn't been all that good either. This is a big year for him personally and I am curious to see how he is used in the new Offense.

Brenton Strange = player

His physicality and contact balance is on a different level. Kinda like Ezukanma’s physicality and contact balance was on a different level for a wide receiver.

Strange looks a lot like a shorter Travis Kelce to me.

Give me as many Brenton Stranges as I can fit on my football team.

Arik Gilbert is really struggling at UGA.

He did not even travel to South Carolina.

Not good.

Arik Gilbert is really struggling at UGA.

He did not even travel to South Carolina.

Not good.

Got beat out by the freshman Brock Bowers clone I was telling you about back in May. Oscar Delp.

Gilbert has always been a head case. Just one of those kids that don’t get it.

Got beat out by the freshman Brock Bowers clone I was telling you about back in May. Oscar Delp.

Gilbert has always been a head case. Just one of those kids that don’t get it.
That is what i figured.

You have to assume he is showing them nothing in practice or is being a problem there or off the field to not even be dressed and make the trip for a conference game. especially a game that was likely to be a blowout where he might have gotten some snaps.

That is what i figured.

You have to assume he is showing them nothing in practice or is being a problem there or off the field to not even be dressed and make the trip for a conference game. especially a game that was likely to be a blowout where he might have gotten some snaps.
Arik has some serious demons off the field.

Back
Top Bottom