2023 Wide Receiver (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 Wide Receiver (Underclassman)

Imo Jalin Hyatt is Will Fuller with better length (to my eyes at least) and hands - some chance he's even faster than Fuller. And, he provides more physicality as a blocker/in general and versatility than Fuller, but he has easy speed - more smooth (like Fuller or D Jackson) than explosive like Waddle or Hill.

I can see similarities to Smith, whose speed is undoubtedly underrated, in the way he tracks the ball downfield - and his easy running style. Both are very graceful. Smith was definitely a lot further along - but he was as polished a WR as I've watched.

Hyatt is really nice, and as a Miami fan, he's the one guy I don't want to see in Buffalo, LAC, KC, or JAX.

Right now Hyatt does not offer much beyond deep speed, but he could progress towards being a more complete WR in time.

But that easy speed as you call it is no joke. He should be able to help a team in that area right away.

And this is not a class full of speed WR's to begin with so that should push him up as well.I think he is a mid 2nd rounder who could move up, especially if he puts up a silly 40 time.

The previous 3 WR classes have really spoiled us.

If Hyatt doesn't offer much beyond deep speed, it's pretty amazing that he was able to dominate the SEC the way he did. Who was the last WR to do something similar?

I have day 1 grade on Johnston and Hyatt only. And day 2 on Downs and Mims. Addison is somewhere in between, day 1 and day 2.
And that is it as far as my interest in receivers.
So, I'm with Pachyderm's ranking down to #8 in his ranking where my interest ends, and I would not have Njigba and Boutte in my top receiving prospects. But, I agree with this order.

1675705723618.png

Kudos to Pachy, that's a really good ranking. I would just caution since the round or day is not listed that at some point down the list the receivers who are listed are #3 at best, #4, #5 on depth chart, roster fillers, day 3 picks. People should not expect much.

Last edited:
If Hyatt doesn't offer much beyond deep speed, it's pretty amazing that he was able to dominate the SEC the way he did. Who was the last WR to do something similar?
I know its early but do you have a WR that you would want Miami to target in the second round if he's there at our pick? I know you value WRs very heavily and I am right there with you. I know this team has plenty of holes but was wondering if you value WR that much for us to look at one in the second.

Why not Njigba

Missed a year and requires projections for that year. But even with reasonable projections for the last season his production for the last two seasons would not be on the level of Davante Adams or Amari Cooper. For his 6-1 200 lb frame he should run in 4.4s and is projected to run in 4.5s. I have reservations about what you're getting with Njigba. Especially since he will require a top 20 pick.
I also do not know whether he is a big possession receiver, boundary, slot, combination, does he have speed, quickness.
I am just confused about Njigba, but Pachy is not.

I know its early but do you have a WR that you would want Miami to target in the second round if he's there at our pick? I know you value WRs very heavily and I am right there with you. I know this team has plenty of holes but was wondering if you value WR that much for us to look at one in the second.

Agree with Keebo that Smith-Njigba is the best fit, but I don't think the NFL will let him fall that far.

I like Josh Downs, but I think he's probably gone, too, and Miami should probably look to add size to complement Hill and Waddle.

Boutte could go way earlier than projected or slide. As a pure talent, I still think he's probably the best in the class, but I don't know what his deal is.

Outside of Boutte falling, I probably wouldn't be tempted by the options available at 52.

Hyatt to me is also somewhere in between Ted Ginn and Devonta Smith. But I think there are teams like Baltimore or even Chargers who could use that deep threat to open up the middle of the field or complement their bigger slower possession receivers like the case is with the Chargers. Baltimore traded Hollywood Brown, but their offense has not been the same since. Even Buffalo could use him to complement Diggs. I can see a high priority need for a guy like Hyatt.
Njigba would be a versitile receiver, so perhaps Green Bay who lost Adams would be interested in that kind of receiver. Buffalo too, they need a #2. KC is another team who could use both of these guys, but perhaps would be more interested in Hyatt since they lost Tyreek.
All these guys I think will go high. teams need playmakers and if they don't pull the trigger in the first round they'll be SOL in the second round. I agree with j-off, there will be slim pickings at 51, and I don't think we need a receiver at this time. We have #1 and #2 producing 7 TDs and over 1000 yards each, we are maxed out at receiver.

Back
Top Bottom