22 things we learned about the Dolphins from Day 1 at mini-camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

22 things we learned about the Dolphins from Day 1 at mini-camp

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
1. New defensive coordinator Mike Nolan is trying to create an “offensive defense,” or a unit that plays up-tempo and dictates the pace of the game to the offense, instead of the other way around. “You can see there’s an attitude here and a philosophy from a defensive standpoint of creating turnovers, of scoring with the football, the pass rush, all those things from a philosophy standpoint I can see are different,” head coach Tony Sparano said. “Those guys are doing a nice job of buying into it.”

2. The starters on the interior line won’t be decided for awhile. Jake Grove played first team center in the morning, while Joe Berger played with the starters in the afternoon, and they will continue to rotate practice sessions throughout the mini-camp and OTAs. Rookie John Jerry played left guard with the First Team in the morning, while newcomer Cory Procter manned left guard in the afternoon. Richie Incognito played right guard in the morning, and gave way to Donald Thomas in the afternoon. Still, the front-runners to start the season are: Thomas at left guard, Grove at center, Incognito at right guard.

3. Brandon Marshall hasn’t done much other than stand on the sidelines and rest his surgically repaired right hip, but his teammates can already tell that he is the real deal. “Something I’ve noticed out here on the field is he really understands football,” receiver Greg Camarillo said. “He really understands the technique and the intricacies of being a receiver, which combined with his athleticism is what makes him a dominant receiver.”

4. DE Lionel Dotson, WR Patrick Turner, OL Nate Garner and Marshall didn’t practice at all Friday. LB Channing Crowder (lisfranc fracture) and NT Jason Ferguson (age) didn’t practice in the afternoon. CB Will Allen (ACL) practiced lightly in the afternoon.

5. Garner recently had an unspecified surgery and won’t return until training camp at the end of July.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...d-about-the-dolphins-from-day-1-at-mini-camp/

3. Brandon Marshall hasn’t done much other than stand on the sidelines and rest his surgically repaired right hip, but his teammates can already tell that he is the real deal.

I don't think this his "resting" is going to be a big deal. I was able to watch Marshall a couple times last year at the Broncos training facility in Dove Valley. Marshall was really unhappy over his contract and McDaniels sent Marshall home after he purposefully dropped passes and kicked the football around. The Broncos didn't have much time to get Marshall in sink with their new QB (Kyle Orton) but it didn't matter. Once the season started Marshall caught the ball. He has such great hands and athletic ability that he can catch
it even when he gets overthrown a little or the pass is off the mark. Then he starts moving with the ball and nobody is harder to bring down. It's going to be fun to watch.

i hope wake and misi get to be our two OLB's. anderson isnt that good ans moses is just bad, and i hope odrick gets the edge over merling, merling sucks. and i love #17. i wouldnt be suprised to see him as out #5

16. The offensive package named after a mammal, which involves direct snaps to players other than the quarterback, isn’t going anywhere. And that’s all I’ll say about that.:confused:
17. Play of the Day: Actually, two of them, both by second-year receiver Taurus Johnson from USF. First, Johnson made a tremendous cut on Oglesby and easily caught a 20-yard post route, which he turned into a 70-yard touchdown. On the second, Johnson broke Lousaka Polite’s ankles on a punt return, drawing a loud chorus of “ooohh’s” from his teammates.

TJ our new return man? :ponder:

Nah, TJ is going to be this year's Anthony Armstrong. You're going to hear about him all offseason, and then poof, gone!

Very well could happen. But I think it has less of a chance of happening, simply because this guy is a much bigger dude than Armstrong was. Armstrong was a bit smaller than Ginn I believe, this guy looks like he can still have an impact when the pads come on. We'll see though.

I hate the way that is formated makes it harder to read

Is Taurus Johnson the Devone Bess of 2010? Also why exactly is Patrick Turner not practicing. I'm dieing to see what this kid is made of but the guy can't seem to find the field..

Aw this one was better then the RJ thread. Although Pat a super duck throw come on man, he should seriously consider putting the gloves back on if it helps.

Jason Allen and Ogelsby as our starting 2nd team corners sounds AWFUL. Cannot wait til Will Allen gets back and is healthy.

Jason Allen and Ogelsby as our starting 2nd team corners sounds AWFUL. Cannot wait til Will Allen gets back and is healthy.

Seriously man. It's the stuff nightmares are made of.

Speaking of the corners, does that mean Nolan Carroll is 3rd team?

Back
Top Bottom