247 Sports project Miami has the 2020 #1 pick and selects........... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

247 Sports project Miami has the 2020 #1 pick and selects...........

MercMan

Needs more cowbell
Club Member
Reaction score
1. Miami Dolphins: Jake Fromm, QB
8863275.jpg
(Photo: Dale Zanine, USA TODAY Sports)
Sure, the Dolphins traded a second- and fifth-round pick for Josh Rosen, but if Miami is selecting first overall in 2020, then that most likely means they'll need a franchise QB under center. The 'Fins could select Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa or Oregon's Justin Herbert, but they opt to go with the highly touted Georgia signal caller instead.

Tua is a lot closer to Pat than Jake!!

I laughed so hard at this and threw up in my mouth all at once.

Seriously, the smart thing would be two trade down with one or two of the first round picks. The first two at least should be high enough to allow the Dolphins to stay in the first round while adding some later-round picks. If you want this process not to last for four years, you need to make the most of these resources when you have them. The trades netted a nice return, but also obviously created more holes that needed to be filled, and I don't think all that cap space we have is going to mean a heck of a lot, because no veteran who has a chance to play on a team that MIGHT contend for a playoff spot is going to sign with the Dolphins for market-competitive money.

If Miami has the #1 pick and selects Fromm, they're doing it wrong. Even if they want Fromm as their starting QB, they're doing it wrong. And I really like Fromm.

Because unless something changes drastically between now and next April, someone will pay dearly to move up to #1 and select Tua. And Fromm will probably be there at #5-10.

If Miami has the #1 pick and selects Fromm, they're doing it wrong. Even if they want Fromm as their starting QB, they're doing it wrong. And I really like Fromm.

Because unless something changes drastically between now and next April, someone will pay dearly to move up to #1 and select Tua. And Fromm will probably be there at #5-10.

If this happens, I turn in my fan card. I don’t have the energy for another decade of incompetence.

I suspect its Tua at #1 overall and if Miami somehow finishes in the top 5-6 I think they'll select, Jordan Love over Herbert or Fromm.
God,that just makes Fromm look good.

What a hilarious prediction.

Btw, Tua so far is 70/91 76.9% 1007 yds 12 TDs 0 INTs this year. Just saying...

Back
Top Bottom