247 Sports project Miami has the 2020 #1 pick and selects........... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

247 Sports project Miami has the 2020 #1 pick and selects...........

If Miami is at #1 overall, Rosen has not proven to be a franchise QB in the making, and Miami instead decides to get cute, and not take Tua, there is going to be mass hysteria in Finheaven.

As for me, nobody will need to worry about me flipping out, I will be to busy in my basement drunk on the floor wondering "WHY!!!"

And QBs against Miami, this season, are 37/48 77% 588 yds 7 TDs 0 INTs this year, in one fewer game. That's what QBs do when they're playing scrubs. Just saying...
Good one, dude. Maybe Tua and Brady can compare championship rings too since they both have them.

The hell kind of point is this?

Speaking of draft weekend 2020. I'm already thinking about the Me, Myself and I; Draft Party Menu I'm gonna cook myself up. Lots of Nachos, Fajitas and BEER!!!

And how many here saying it would be "soooo Dolphins" will come back and mea culpa if they select Tua and Tua ends up looking like Akili Smith and Fromm goes out like Andrew Luck his 1st year in Oakland?

Nah, they all blame it on Flores and the coaching.

No one knows which QB is going to blow it up and which won't. Between Tua/Fromm and Herbert...I"m guessing 2 end up legit and one fizzles out. I have Tua with the highest ceiling, but also the lowest floor. Fromm the opposite, lowest ceiling of the 3, but the least likely to bomb completely. Herbert in the middle.

I do know if they draft the fizzler...Grier and Flores won't survive after next season.

Has everyone been watching the same QBs? Tua is much better than Fromm. On Colin Cowherd, Joy Taylor (Jason's sister & Fin fan) said she wants Jalen Hurts over Tua. Has everyone gone mad or are they just reading headlines?

If Tua is there at #1, you have Jakeem Grant run that card up to the stage

Qb's are one thing in college. Tua looks really good. One thing we haven't really seen yet is how the next QB will be coached. Fitz is going to be Fitz, and Rosen won't get the attention from our staff that a starter gets.
So will our staff let Tua do Tua things or will he be underused? I hope gets to lead an offense plenty of throws and a good dose of solid runs.

Has everyone been watching the same QBs? Tua is much better than Fromm. On Colin Cowherd, Joy Taylor (Jason's sister & Fin fan) said she wants Jalen Hurts over Tua. Has everyone gone mad or are they just reading headlines?

If Tua is there at #1, you have Jakeem Grant run that card up to the stage
I think the argument is Tua may look as good as he looks because he is on such a talented team. I have no idea, I don't keep up with college fuse-ball that much. But it seems to be a fair question to ask.

Miami has a chance to select a player at each position of need and potentially get starting caliber players. Of course QB has to be #1. But in the top 10-12 picks the emphasis should be getting defense, after selecting their Franchise QB, assuming its Tua. Those defensive players really stand out in the top half of the draft.

I think the argument is Tua may look as good as he looks because he is on such a talented team. I have no idea, I don't keep up with college fuse-ball that much. But it seems to be a fair question to ask.
No that is so wrong....People hear Alabama..and think the team is stacked...It's not..Tua and his recievers are carrying Alabama...Offensive line is "Meh"..we have
no running game and the defense is pitiful....kicker is horrible and we can't punt worth a damn..
Tua is carrying this years and last years Alabama teams.

There is a ton of film study out there on the 2020 QB class out there. I am not a QB guru, but its very easy to see there is nuance to Tua's game that is on a different level, hence the Tua hype. He has awkward mechanics, almost a baseball like release but he does not need a lot of time to get rid of the ball due to his stocky frame and powerful legs.

What he is able to understand pre and post snap, his great pocket awareness & use of athleticism, the ability to consistently manipulate safeties with his eyes at an elite level, but my fav he always throws his receivers open. He will never "Tannekill", if you will. The kid knows how to perfectly place a ball, even if its a receiver who's not open and double covered, he'll put it in a spot where neither defender can get to it and only the WR can.

His supporting cast is extremely talented, especially Jeudy (why not bring him to Miami, too?), but I would argue Tua is less of a complimentary piece than the other QBs. Tua gets a ton on his plate and while his backs and receivers can take anything to the house in YAC, his ball placement is simply something we haven't had in many, many years.

If you get time to go down a rabbit hole from now to the draft, do a little research on it. The whole QB debate will become ridiculous afterward, because it is clear Tua is a cut above.

Am I saying he is going to be Patrick Mahomes and take the league by storm? No. But Tua is clearly the guy to hitch your wagon to in this upcoming draft. It doesn't take an offensive genius to see it.

Last edited:
Be real Dolfans.

Ross after PR nightmare that is tank season, after Gase pissed all over his idea to move up for Lamar Jackson will not allow Dolphins football ops to pick anyone at QB not named Tua.

Ross ultra sensitive, noway he will allow a situation where ESPN destroys Dolphins for months if not years by passing on Tua.

Back
Top Bottom