24hr:FinHeaven Mock Draft Pick 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

24hr:FinHeaven Mock Draft Pick 1

Who will Miami select with the # 2 pick?

• Alex Smith QB Utah

Votes: 40 22.1%
  • Braylon Edwards WR Michigan

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • Mike Williams WR USC

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Ronnie Brown RB Auburn

Votes: 85 47.0%
  • Derrick Johnson LB Texas

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Cedric Benson RB Texas

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Antrel Rolle CB Miam

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Carnell Williams RB Auburn

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Adam Jones CB W Va

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Barron OT FSU

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GCS VP

Super Donator
Reaction score
This Mock Draft will be determined by a poll.

I have changed the length of time to vote in order to allow a more accurate voting pool to be established. (24 hours)

Posting a response about who, what and why you are voting for someone can potentially "swing votes".

I will change the potential players more frequently according to need, because I will have more time to do so.

Im going to take a "creative license" here by going ahead and "awarding" Aaron Rodgers (arguably) to San Francisco with the Number 1 pick.

This draft will start at the second pick. (no trades)

Some picks may run concurrently (at the same time)......

The Miami Dolphins are on the clock.....

Cleveland is up next......

Braylon. All but guaranteed to be a game changer. The least amount of doubt and longer life then a RB. BPA at #2.

jbond said:
Braylon. All but guaranteed to be a game changer. The least amount of doubt and longer life then a RB. BPA at #2.

Brown, Smith or Edwards ........

They all make sense.

HVACservice said:

I have changed the length of time to vote in order to allow a more accurate voting pool to be established. (24 hours)

Posting a response about who, what and why you are voting for someone can potentially "swing votes".

I will change the potential players more frequently according to need, because I will have more time to do so.

Im going to take a "creative license" here by going ahead and "awarding" Aaron Rodgers (arguably) to San Francisco with the Number 1 pick.

The "new draft" will start at the second pick. (no trades)

We will trade down

I picked Caddy because he is the best fit for our offense at this point in time. I don't think we should select a RB so high but it seems unlikely to find a trade partner and there are no trades in the poll.

Just a thought I've mentioned before....but if we draft BPA just about every pick....over the course of a few years we will have built a solid, young, relatively cheap foundation at multiple positions which would then allow us to use FA to hit our "need" spots so that the draft isn't reaching for a "need". One of the problems we've faced over the last few years is trying to draft for a "need" and reaching to do so just to have the draftee not pan out while we have been tied up in cap space so we couldn't target the FA's sometimes that we really need.

Any of the 3 RBs, Smith/Rodgers or Braylon could be picked at #2. But which one has the best possibility of being a gamechanger that other teams have to plan around the most?

Since we're rebuilding and need help at just about every position in the next 2-4 years I say draft BPA at every pick and we'll come out ahead more then reaching for a need. If the BPA is redundant then they become trade bait for future picks if not utilized.

jbond said:
Just a thought I've mentioned before....but if we draft BPA just about every pick....over the course of a few years we will have built a solid foundation at multiple positions which would then allow us to use FA to hit our "need" spots so that the draft isn't reaching for a "need". One of the problems we've faced over the last few years is trying to draft for a "need" and reaching to do so just to have the draftee not pan out while we have been tied up in cap space so we couldn't target the FA's sometimes that we really need.

Any of the 3 RBs, Smith/Rodgers or Braylon could be picked at #2. But which one has the best possibility of being a gamechanger that other teams have to plan around the most?

Since we're rebuilding and need help at just about every position in the next 2-4 years I say draft BPA at every pick and we'll come out ahead more then reaching for a need.

Great post.

I never looked at it that way. Kind of like what the Ravens are doing. They picked the BPA in the last 5 years apart from Taylor and Boller but they were both picked after Suggs and Lewis in their respective years. And this year they picked up an upgrade in their secondary, moved Suggs to DE and got Derrick Mason for their WR woes. I could see us doing something like this in the future if we do what you said in your post.

It's also what the Pats and other teams are starting to do to keep young, stockpile picks, and trade players for picks to keep young, solid and cheaper while using the cap space to target FA to resolve "needs" from more proven players.

The last few years we've been giving away our picks for players allowing other teams to get younger while we've been aging and getting more expensive.....wouldn't it be different to reverse that trend? Saban's all about "discipline" and "processes" to "get where you want to be" and has said he wants to draft for "value" and the "future is in the draft" so we might start to see this happen.

Also, thanks :)

Another thought....we don't have a solid #3 WR and Booker, although a solid route runner, isn't fast enough and isn't getting any younger. What happens if Booker or CC got injured? The other one's doubled up again, the other WRs are single-covered and we're facing an 8 man front on the running game again....just like when Ricky was pounded running 25-35 carries a game getting no where and just like last year as well without Ricky (and not much of a passing game).

A good passing game helps a good running game, removes some of the blitzing and vice versa a good running game helps the passing game. Best example...Indy. Last year we couldn't get anything going. If we took Braylon at BPA and it helped open up the passing game then our current RBs might be able to get more production out of them and stop running into an 8 man brick wall every down.

lol....really not trying to jump on Braylon's jockstrap and all...just pointing out some of the problems we HAVE had at WR position the past couple of years (uh...remember bringing in Carter who didn't do squat either)....Just b/c we have Booker now doesn't mean we are all good-to-go at the WR position either is all....the argument I suppose could also be in favor of a QB as well...but personally I think WR is a more solid bet then a QB. I haven't done the stats and haven't seen any who has....but I'd venture to say more 1st round QBs have gone bust then 1st round WRs have.

I think that instead of drafting Braylon we can definitely pick up a WR in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounds. (If we get a 2nd somehow, trade down or surtain). I think we coud go for Courtney Roby, Roddy White... a good fast slot receiver that can step up and make some plays at the no 2 spot if need be against single converage. Seeming as Booker or Chambers whichever one is not injured takes double coverage leaving our 2 guy with single coverage or room underneath to work.

HVACservice said:

This draft will start at the second pick. (no trades)

Some picks may run concurrently (at the same time)......

Great idea man... but theres only 20 days til the draft - how are you gna complete round 1??

as i recently said in another thread....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1095383&postcount=10

jbond said:
instead of having picks

I would LOVE to see having picks

7 from Vikings for #2
18 from Vikings for #2
46 from Chiefs
147 or 150 or 154 or 162 from Chiefs

I'm assuming that if Peterson throws in the 2nd and Saban still asks for a later round pick that Peterson will drop down to a 5th (or possibly a 6th) from his current offer of a 4th.

Back
Top Bottom