27.5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NJPHINFAN79

Active Roster
Reaction score
When’s the last time the Miami freaking Dolphins were averaging 27.5 points per game?!? Lead by 43 and 30 point games!!! Even losing can feel better when your not struggling into the teens every week. This is another sign of good change. Keep it going Flores and Company!!!

Fins Up

Again, props to our geezer OC. We struggled to get to 19 PPG under Gase and Philbin. And last year.

What’s changed? Not the mediocre QB (who he has playing well) and our RBs are no better, if not worse.

That’s what a real OC who knows how to exploit matchups can do. Still need more talent on that O but Gailey is the reason we are winning TOP and converting 3rd downs at 45% - 15-16 points higher than under prior OCs.

Go Gailey Go!

27.2 ppg would have placed us 4th overall last season. I don’t want to take anything away from the team, but scoring is way up this year with (near) empty stadiums. No team averaged more than 30 ppg last year and right now there are 7 with 3 more just a few decimal places off 30. I think the more impressive stat is our defense allowing 22.6 ppg which is the best in our division.

27.2 ppg would have placed us 4th overall last season. I don’t want to take anything away from the team, but scoring is way up this year with (near) empty stadiums. No team averaged more than 30 ppg last year and right now there are 7 with 3 more just a few decimal places off 30. I think the more impressive stat is our defense allowing 22.6 ppg which is the best in our division.
Interesting - so the crowd does affect things - this is kind of a definitive experiment in a way. Nice post.

Again, props to our geezer OC. We struggled to get to 19 PPG under Gase and Philbin. And last year.

What’s changed? Not the mediocre QB (who he has playing well) and our RBs are no better, if not worse.

That’s what a real OC who knows how to exploit matchups can do. Still need more talent on that O but Gailey is the reason we are winning TOP and converting 3rd downs at 45% - 15-16 points higher than under prior OCs.

Go Gailey Go!
Last year the QB led the team in rushing so I would say that the RB room this year is doing better. Fitz led the team with 243 yards for the season and Myles Gaskin has already exceeded that total after 5 games.

I get it, you are not happy with the team but don't let stats or facts get in your way.

Interesting - so the crowd does affect things - this is kind of a definitive experiment in a way. Nice post.
It has some to do with it, but I’ve heard more then once that QB’s and WR’s got together during the lockdown. I’m sure I heard Davis got the OL together in the off season. And what can Defense do other than just work out during the lockout.

Not to drive this off-topic...but I cannot WAIT to find out what happens when this team turns the corner with Tua, and opposing teams have to deal with a sold-out (edit: and fully attended) crowd screaming at full volume. Apparently with the roof, it's supposed to be MUCH louder on the field.

I believe that average will drop when the fall weather begins to play a role and when more film on some of these teams with new QB's and systems becomes available.

Back
Top Bottom