28 attempts 33 yards-Jordan Howard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

28 attempts 33 yards-Jordan Howard

Rewatching the game, He got all he could get with the blocking he had on his run plays.. I put some blame on the RB system Flores is adopting just like in New England If you see Sony Michel/Damien Harris in the game you know 90 percent its a run.. If you see James White in the game its 90 percent its a pass. If you see Jordan Howard in the game odds are 90percent its going to be a Run.

From a football standpoint i know people are gonna go say to put Akmed in there but i saw some pretty bad habits and i question if he is a guy who protects the football well.. Rewatch that long run he had and you will see him cut from the right of the field to the left sideline with the ball in the wrong hand the entire way.. Sure it worked out but if a defender is smart thats going to lead to a strip at some point.

I did actually like what i saw from howard that he gets that extra yard or two after contact like Ronnie Brown used to do for us, Unfortunately the contact usually came 2 yards behind the LOS as they were loading up against an obvious run.. If we are smart next week you have to run some screens and short crossing routes with Howard to get teams leary of the pass when howard is on the field.. He can catch the football i watched him do it in chicago in his breakout year.

I agree on Ahmed but that carry is a fixable thing. Tevin Coleman used to use the wrong arm to carry the ball because he is left handed. We all thought it was weird but he managed. There were holes though when I watched. They closed rapidly though. Howard did what he could. Which is still minimal at this point.

I am not a fan of the Patriots rb roles either. But they do a lot of short routes which is an extension of their run game. It's why they'll take a short screen or pass on the flat to White.

As I’ve been saying all season — it’s time to draft play makers next season. Draft position be damned.

Get a Jaylen Waddle or Devonta Smith. Get Etienne or Najee.

If they can somehow squeeze in Creed Humphrey or a pass rusher between those picks, great. But gotta get a game breaking talent at WR and a RB with size and pass catching skills.

As I’ve been saying all season — it’s time to draft play makers next season. Draft position be damned.

Get a Jaylen Waddle or Devonta Smith. Get Etienne or Najee.

If they can somehow squeeze in Creed Humphrey or a pass rusher between those picks, great. But gotta get a game breaking talent at WR and a RB with size and pass catching skills.
Absolutely not on etienne in the 1st round overrated imo, I do love Devonta Smith though he is going to be a great reciever and he already was Tua's favorite big play target at Bama.

It breaks my heart we are so loaded at Cb right now because i would really love to have Patrick Surtain jr here, He would be the BPA with the texans pick most likely but i'd go with Devonta Smith at that spot.. I would draft some Olinemen early on one Guard and One Tackle.. Its important we don't get complacent trying to improve our depth and talent at the Offensive Line I do not want to go through the Ryan Tannehill era offensive lines again.

RB's can always be had in Free Agency since nobody like paying big money to them anyways, There will always be Gurley's, Gordons, Leveon Bell type RB's available through Free Agency.

RB's can always be had in Free Agency since nobody like paying big money to them anyways, There will always be Gurley's, Gordons, Leveon Bell type RB's available through Free Agency.

RB’s can be had in FA, but usually because they are on the decline. No thanks.

It’s much better to draft one with full tread on the tires and while on a 5-yr rookie contract.

And the most talented ones with both pure running and pass catching abilities, along with ability to pass protect, are going to go in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

I’d like to see MIA draft a triple threat that will be on the roster fairly inexpensively for up to 5 years. Then draft another one with new tread on the tires after that. Unless they happen to find that diamond in the rough that can be productive for longer than average.

Rewatching the game, He got all he could get with the blocking he had on his run plays.. I put some blame on the RB system Flores is adopting just like in New England If you see Sony Michel/Damien Harris in the game you know 90 percent its a run.. If you see James White in the game its 90 percent its a pass. If you see Jordan Howard in the game odds are 90percent its going to be a Run.

From a football standpoint i know people are gonna go say to put Akmed in there but i saw some pretty bad habits and i question if he is a guy who protects the football well.. Rewatch that long run he had and you will see him cut from the right of the field to the left sideline with the ball in the wrong hand the entire way.. Sure it worked out but if a defender is smart thats going to lead to a strip at some point.

I did actually like what i saw from howard that he gets that extra yard or two after contact like Ronnie Brown used to do for us, Unfortunately the contact usually came 2 yards behind the LOS as they were loading up against an obvious run.. If we are smart next week you have to run some screens and short crossing routes with Howard to get teams leary of the pass when howard is on the field.. He can catch the football i watched him do it in chicago in his breakout year.
Agree w this except I think you meant Ricky Williams not Ronnie Brown. Brown danced at the hole which rendered him less powerful than he should have been given his size and strength. Frank Gore at 5’8” is a tougher runner than Brown was. Brown was a nice player but not the bulldozer he should have been.

Agree w this except I think you meant Ricky Williams not Ronnie Brown. Brown danced at the hole which rendered him less powerful than he should have been given his size and strength. Frank Gore at 5’8” is a tougher runner than Brown was. Brown was a nice player but not the bulldozer he should have been.
I'm sorry I cannot let this afront stand, RONNIE BROWN was a physical Beast and never fell backwards always forward. He was always the more valuable as a complete player to me then RIcky Williams was in their bash brothers days. Ronnie Brown was maybe the 3rd best RB the fins have ever had I'd personally put him over Kick or Mercury Morris.. You can downgrade absolutely any part of his game but power.. Its just crazy all you really need is to watch this clip to understand how powerful a runner he was.

5:12 maybe the best clip, Any RB on our team would have been knocked on their ass getting tackled by a LB and DT simultaneously.

PS i know coach Tony as HC was a disappointment but man is it great watching him celebrate. A genuinely good guy and players coach. RIP

Last edited:
I'm sorry I cannot let this afront stand, RONNIE BROWN was a physical Beast and never fell backwards always forward. He was always the more valuable as a complete player to me then RIcky Williams was in their bash brothers days. Ronnie Brown was maybe the 3rd best RB the fins have ever had I'd personally put him over Kick or Mercury Morris.. You can downgrade absolutely any part of his game but all you really need is to watch this clip to understand how powerful a runner he was.

5:12 maybe the best clip, Any RB on our team would have been knocked on their *** getting tackled by a LB and DT simultaneously

I respectfully disagree that he was better than Ricky. He could barely barely even beat him out as an old man.

Kalen Ballage > Jordan Howard

Back
Top Bottom