2nd Round Pick? Must Be A Te If We Want Our O To Work In 2018 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd Round Pick? Must Be A Te If We Want Our O To Work In 2018

I know a lot more about Hurst and Goedert than Gesicki... whsts the scoop with him?

Gesicki is 6'6 and has incredible reach and catching ability. He looks a little lanky and awkward to me and that might be an injury concern, otherwise he's solid

I know a lot more about Hurst and Goedert than Gesicki... whsts the scoop with him?
He can't block I'll be honest but he ran the fastest 40 of the TEs at 4.54. He was basically a combine star all across the board. He had double digit TDs too so he did produce

Am I the only one who likes Gesicki more than Goedert? 4.54 in the 40, a 41 Inch vertical at 6-6 the guy is a matchup nightmare. Plus when you look at the tape he has excellent body control, timing etc. In his jumps. He'd instantly be a huge target in the red zone and someone we can throw it up to in single coverage and have good faith he will come down with it. Don't get me wrong Goedert is good too, but Gesicki is the guy I hope they draft.

I'm a big PSU fan and have seen most of Gesicki's games.
He is a monster, great hands, great athlete, great speed, mismatch nightmare. He would change our passing game immensely. I would LOVE him, and that is not me being a PSU homer.
I guess the blocking is the issue. If we miss on Goedert but get Gesicki, people will be very happy on passing downs this fall. VERY happy.

I'm a big PSU fan and have seen most of Gesicki's games.
He is a monster, great hands, great athlete, great speed, mismatch nightmare. He would change our passing game immensely. I would LOVE him, and that is not me being a PSU homer.
I guess the blocking is the issue. If we miss on Goedert but get Gesicki, people will be very happy on passing downs this fall. VERY happy.
he seems like a more athletic and bigger Charles clay. I wouldn't hate it, I just have watched Goedert for the last couple years and have a bit of a man crush on him. 1 of the 2 should be there.

Gesicki can’t block worth a ****. And with Gase he likes his TEs to block as well.

I've been hoping for Goedert for months now but if he's gone then Gesicki would do. If we land Goedert then imo, we'd have come out of this draft with the top Safety and the top TE in the whole draft

Our WR group will be medicore to a bit above average depending on how Parker plays. If Parker finally steps up and becomes our Primary WR I can see this group working, but I have doubts.

I like Drake and have liked him since he was in college, but I worry about how his body holds up as the starter. His backup is about 46. If Drake and Gore stay healthy I can see the RB pair working, but we will need some luck.

But what about TE? I see zero hope there.

I have always said there was no point bringing in Adam Gase if we couldnt find him a tight end. The position is key to his system and we have a QB who has always been perfectly suited to running a system with an emphasis on a pass catching TE... but we have never bothered to give him one.

Im not convinced that we even have a 2nd tier TE on the roster nevermind a starter. If we dont find a starting TE this weekend (especially because of the WR core) I don't believe we will have effective Offense in 2018.

I dont care if it means trading up, we must take a TE (preferably Dallas Goedert) in the second round.
This one is hard for me because I really want a LB, this position on the Miami Dolphins screams for an upgrade for years now, but if we can snag Goedert I wouldn't be upset with the pick either give that this draft seems a little thin at TE. Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't there an injury concern with Goedert? Thought I read that somewhere.

Just watched Goedert highlights... looks damn good, what I liked is so many passes were downfield over his head... great hands and ball skills.

Goedert has a hammy and didn’t run. So, there’s a leap of faith on his athleticism. But, if you look at his hands, they are tremendous, like a Jason Witten. I have been banging the Goedert drum early and often. He can run routes, has great hands, nice frame and is reportedly a decent blocker. He seems like what the doctor ordered.

i completely agree. it's the only position we're pretty pigeon holed at. We're currently better at OG than TE and that's the way I expect us to go.

Back
Top Bottom