2nd round picks 36, and 50, and the receivers that will be available | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd round picks 36, and 50, and the receivers that will be available

We spend so much time talking about three guys in this draft as if they were the only receivers in the draft. If you watch plenty of college football you will know that there are other talented receivers that will more likely get drafted in the 2nd round.
At the top of the list we have the following receivers:

The question boils down to team needs. Miami needs a receiver that will work out of the slot consistently. Jaylen Waddle would be our choice, but he will be gone by the time we get to pick. There are plenty of
options in the 2nd round so I don't know why a lot of you are so fixated on Waddle.

Terrence Marshall Jr. Flanker

Kadarius Toney (love him)

Rashod Bateman (love him)

Rondale Moore

Whether you like it or not we are going to get the receiver we want in the 2nd round, and not in the 1st round. And I know I am missing some pieces in here so feel free to add whoever you want.
Me and @Feverdream are big on Terrence Marshall jr, but he may or may not be there by pick 36. Whichever one is available we should pick any of these in that order.

I only want Waddle if miami is able to trade down to 8 which I think waddle would still be available. Don't know if this will happen, but I think Waddle could be dynamic and might be closest thing to Tyreek hill which is why he's not too bad if miami can't get the other top 2 WRs

Wait you’re basing his draft grade on the first game of the 2019 season?

View attachment 66593

Hey i go on by what I saw and he had trouble with D.j. Ivey a 3 star
i did not watch he gators again so he may have gotten better as the years went on

I'm no guru bro just saying what I saw

Hey i go on by what I saw and he had trouble with D.j. Ivey a 3 star
i did not watch he gators again so he may have gotten better as the years went on

I'm no guru bro just saying what I saw

if you take a look at 1:40- and 2:20 it showcases some of his route running abilities. He is very reminiscent of Percy Harvin to me without the migraines and I still don't think he has reached his potential yet. I would agree though he has some of that gadget ability but I would take a chance on him, he could be something real special. I would also look at his Bama highlights.

if you take a look at 1:40- and 2:20 it showcases some of his route running abilities. He is very reminiscent of Percy Harvin to me without the migraines and I still don't think he has reached his potential yet. I would agree though he has some of that gadget ability but I would take a chance on him, he could be something real special. I would also look at his Bama highlights.

If History serves right, he will be better than people give him credit. People are too blinded by the big schools big numbers from Alabama. Far as I know, we haven't had an Alabama pro bowl wide receiver in years. We have had two pro bowl wide receivers in the 1st round twice since 2015.

If History serves right, he will be better than people give him credit. People are too blinded by the big schools big numbers from Alabama. Far as I know, we haven't had an Alabama pro bowl wide receiver in years. We have had two pro bowl wide receivers in the 1st round twice since 2015.
How many Pro Bowls has Julio Jones been in?
seven Pro Bowls

With the Falcons, Jones has been invited to seven Pro Bowls, was a first-team All-Pro selection in 2015 and 2016 after leading the league in receiving yards and receptions. Jones was also named second-team All-Pro three times, in 2017, in 2018 after leading the league in receiving yards, and in 2019

We spend so much time talking about three guys in this draft as if they were the only receivers in the draft. If you watch plenty of college football you will know that there are other talented receivers that will more likely get drafted in the 2nd round.
At the top of the list we have the following receivers:

The question boils down to team needs. Miami needs a receiver that will work out of the slot consistently. Jaylen Waddle would be our choice, but he will be gone by the time we get to pick. There are plenty of
options in the 2nd round so I don't know why a lot of you are so fixated on Waddle.

Terrence Marshall Jr. Flanker

Kadarius Toney (love him)

Rashod Bateman (love him)

Rondale Moore

Whether you like it or not we are going to get the receiver we want in the 2nd round, and not in the 1st round. And I know I am missing some pieces in here so feel free to add whoever you want.
Me and @Feverdream are big on Terrence Marshall jr, but he may or may not be there by pick 36. Whichever one is available we should pick any of these in that order.

Why are you opposed to a reciever in the first?

Why are you opposed to a reciever in the first?
Read my last posts. Last receiver drafted in the 1st that made an impact, and made the pro bowl was in 2020 draft. Before that it was Amari Cooper, and he was drafted in 2015. The history is there, and teams still spend a first round pick in the early rounds on a WR. Want to make the Devonta Smith, or Chase argument that was a unique receiver? Well so was Titans Corey Davis, the NCAA all time receiver. He hasn't even cracked the 1k mark in 3 years in the league.

How many Pro Bowls has Julio Jones been in?
seven Pro Bowls

With the Falcons, Jones has been invited to seven Pro Bowls, was a first-team All-Pro selection in 2015 and 2016 after leading the league in receiving yards and receptions. Jones was also named second-team All-Pro three times, in 2017, in 2018 after leading the league in receiving yards, and in 2019
Jones was drafted in 2011. 2012 did not product any pro bowl receivers, and all were let downs. Some are not even in the league. 2013, Deandre Hopkins in the very late 1st round. 2014 Watkins was the "best receiver", but Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, and Cooks (without going to the pro bowl) are great receivers. The 2014 draft class was the best draft class in the 1st round in between 2010-2020. Get where I am going to?

Last edited:
I thought the comment was we haven't had a pro bowl receiver from Bama in years
My mistake if you meant a drafted one that was selected to the pro bowl
Edited my comment too to add more info sorry if I sounded vague. The 1st round has yielded low percentage of success for receivers historically dating back to 2000.

Read my last posts. Last receiver drafted in the 1st that made an impact, and made the pro bowl was in 2020 draft. Before that it was Amari Cooper, and he was drafted in 2015. The history is there, and teams still spend a first round pick in the early rounds on a WR. Want to make the Devonta Smith, or Chase argument that was a unique receiver? Well so was Titans Corey Davis, the NCAA all time receiver. He hasn't even cracked the 1k mark in 3 years in the league.
Sorry but when you compare Corey Davis to Smith and Chase that's a whole new ball game.TOTALLY different WRs.
Alot of GMS and scouts who don't know Jack get all caught up in these 6'3" 220lb WR that run a 4.4 but can't run a route to save there career.Thats what happens alot
And not sure if you said it or someone else did but Yatil Green was a Heartbreakers for me.As a Canes fan and knowing the Dolphins needed a WR I was so beyond myself with him getting drafted. Then I was reading on an old Phins website alot of guys were disappointed because he was a straight line wr (beyond the injuries)and didn't run any routes.Thats when I knew I should start looking at WR differently then just pure college stats.

And not sure if you said it or someone else did but Yatil Green was a Heartbreakers for me. As a Canes fan and knowing the Dolphins needed a WR I was so beyond myself with him getting drafted.
Yep

Back
Top Bottom