2nd round picks 36, and 50, and the receivers that will be available | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd round picks 36, and 50, and the receivers that will be available

Goes to show you there's talent everywhere in the draft. The data suggest you get your best value on recievers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Miami's going to need to think long and hard about drafting a reciever Top 10.

Does a Chase or Smith give you so much more than one of the later reciever picks?
The shortsightedness, and complete disregard for historical reality is baffling.

I see statements like "this guys special, different, generational, can't miss, etc". It's to the point of being ridiculous.

I try to keep some semblance of rational perspective. No player is "can't miss". You can try to project ceiling/floor etc., but common sense says there are no gaurantees. Honestly, some of it comes down to just pure luck, but if you bet against measurables and precedent, you will lose far more often than you will win.

Best not to be mesmerized and disracted by "shiny" objects.

Sorry but when you compare Corey Davis to Smith and Chase that's a whole new ball game.TOTALLY different WRs.
Alot of GMS and scouts who don't know Jack get all caught up in these 6'3" 220lb WR that run a 4.4 but can't run a route to save there career.Thats what happens alot
And not sure if you said it or someone else did but Yatil Green was a Heartbreakers for me.As a Canes fan and knowing the Dolphins needed a WR I was so beyond myself with him getting drafted. Then I was reading on an old Phins website alot of guys were disappointed because he was a straight line wr (beyond the injuries)and didn't run any routes.Thats when I knew I should start looking at WR differently then just pure college stats.

Not a comparison we are talking trends.

The shortsightedness, and complete disregard for historical reality is baffling.

I see statements like "this guys special, different, generational, can't miss, etc". It's to the point of being ridiculous.

I try to keep some semblance of rational perspective. No player is "can't miss". You can try to project ceiling/floor etc., but common sense says there are no gaurantees. Honestly, some of it comes down to just pure luck, but if you bet against measurables and precedent, you will lose far more often than you will win.

Best not to be mesmerized and disracted by "shiny" objects.
I'm always struck by the fact that so many people, when seeing the historical truth of a statement, will respond... but the league has changed; things are different now.
It's just this sort of motivated reasoning that makes people believe in conspiracy theory... or a particularly fundamentalist religion. Man finds a way to ignore inconvenient facts in order to continue his own theories.
It's sad... but it is human nature.

I'm always struck by the fact that so many people, when seeing the historical truth of a statement, will respond... but the league has changed; things are different now.
It's just this sort of motivated reasoning that makes people believe in conspiracy theory... or a particularly fundamentalist religion. Man finds a way to ignore inconvenient facts in order to continue his own theories.
It's sad... but it is human nature.
I almost forgot about that one. I do agree, rule changes have changed the game, but I don't think it has the exact effect that many think. Yes it has opened up the passing game, but defenses have countered that, for the most part, by playing less "base", and more DBs. Sure scoring is up, but it is up for everyone, and really a wash. I'm not going to get into how staying ahead of the curve by running dominance is important.

think is pretty interesting to do is to look at all the teams that have made the playoffs all the way to the SB and evaluate those rosters. It's interesting the talent and the draft position.

How many 1st round recievers do you think were represented on those teams?
Ridiculous
You can do that for every position outside of qb.

I like both guys named Moore at receiver from a value standpoint in the 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom