3 back system | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 back system

whodizking

Rookie
Reaction score
I feel we will have to use 3 backs in this offense, with reports of Bush or the interest for a scat back like a Sproles/D. Williams we are going to probably use 3 backs.
If we sign either Bush / Sproles, they will fill in third down back/scatback/returner. Now going by Miami's last couple years we have used 2-3 backs (brown,Williams,cobbs) sooooooo that leads me to say who is the third back.
Hillard is a option but not on top of my list since he isn't proven but tough. Bush/Sproles don't make me feel confident with a hand off down the middle of the line. They will be used for a lot of different schemes. To think rookie Clay is ready might not be smart to to rely on. Even D. Thomas who I love honestly just becuase of potential makes me nervous since well he is a ROOKIE. Soooo either keeping Brown or picking a Decent vet like the chiefs with Thomas. We need to find a back that can carry some if not most the load when called upon.

So other then scatback talk and D. Thomas maybe being a good RB who can fill that role.
Even tho D. Williams and Bradshaw are a scat backs I think they can carry the load better then Bush/ Sproles. But if not who's next on the list?

wow imagine if we ended up with a three back situation consisting of :

1.Thomas
2.Bush(or Sproles/D.Williams)
3.Ronnie or ricky

No matter how u cut it thats an amazing backfield to the extent it may be best stable in the NFL

We were already using a three back system with Ricky, Ronnie, and Cobbs. Four if you count using Polite for short yardage.

Thomas
Bush
Hilliard

I wish they'd reconsider using Incognito at LG as opposed to RG and find an elite LG to put next to Long and Pouncey.

At the very least, Tony needs to stop tinkering with the line and pick one to go with.

Thomas
Bush
Hilliard

I wish they'd reconsider using Incognito at LG as opposed to RG and find an elite LG to put next to Long and Pouncey.

At the very least, Tony needs to stop tinkering with the line and pick one to go with.
Or we could do the smart thing and put Pouncey at LG and Incognito at C.

Its going to end up Thomas/Ronnie/Sheets and another youngin.

Not saying this is what I want but its how I see it playing out. Everyone thinks the second the FA whistle blows we are running out to get a RB. Come on guys you know the first thing they are going to do is sign a high priced, coming back from injury OL.
Sheets

I want Hillard to get some PT, Def wanna see what he can do.

Or we could do the smart thing and put Pouncey at LG and Incognito at C.

This

I mean Cogs looked to be doing damage against a solid Detroit front 4 when he was at Center . . . he got the push we only dreamed of seeing with Joe Berger in there . . . we were spanking the Lions until we had to move Cogs back to LG when Murtha went down and McQueezy was moved to RT and Cogs back to LG while Berger came in at Center. Then the offense died again.

My most hopeful line is: Long/Pouncey/Incognito/Jerry/Carey . . . with Garner as the top backup for G/T. I'm still not convinced this won't be the line come September.

I still want Lex Hilliard at FB to replace Polite. Nothing against Polite, but he just isn't a good enough blocker to not give Lex a shot. Lex is a much better athlete, pass catcher and runner. He is better on special teams and he may be a better blocker. I dunno, I'm cool with a Hilliard/Clay combo at FB, with Lex as a backup RB and Clay as a backup TE as well. This regime prides themself on versatility.

I do thin Reggie Bush or Sproles are definite options for the Fins once FA starts.

I'd like to sign Bush, not a huge Sproles fan. I'd be very happy with Thomas, Bush, Hilliard, Sheets, and 1 or 2 UDFA to go to training camp with. I really would rather not invest a ton in the RB position.

This

I mean Cogs looked to be doing damage against a solid Detroit front 4 when he was at Center . . . he got the push we only dreamed of seeing with Joe Berger in there . . . we were spanking the Lions until we had to move Cogs back to LG when Murtha went down and McQueezy was moved to RT and Cogs back to LG while Berger came in at Center. Then the offense died again.

My most hopeful line is: Long/Pouncey/Incognito/Jerry/Carey . . . with Garner as the top backup for G/T. I'm still not convinced this won't be the line come September.

I wish they'd do this as well, but I doubt they will put Pouncey anywhere but C.

Thomas needs to get plenty of carries. With him, it is not a game of "let's test this kid". You have to give him the go ahead. He needs to emerge as the guy who can get it done. But he will need breaks. He will need chances to get to the sideline so he can refocus his head. He's a rookie. So give him the support of being the go to guy. Then you need a change of pace back. Sproles or Bush would fit that role. Bring them in to catch a pass out of the backfield and do their magic. But you still need taht veteran who is there to come in when Thomas can't get it going. This player does not need a HUGE CONTRACT. He doesn't need to be someone like DeAngelo Williams. Ricky Williams would fit that role well. Ronnie might not be happy with that role. Hilliard might even fit that role. But you don't need to have a 3rd string veteran making too much money getting in the way of Thomas' growth.

I agree so I wouldnt mind a Ronnie brown to come back or hillard to get a shot. I wouldn't mind a micheal bush as a signing of a young type vet. I also like a A. Bradshaw as a scat back every down player too. I want Daniels to be the man which I think he has the talent to be but all the pressure on a Rookie isn't what I like, I want another back that has or can carry the load while etching our young new horse the ropes lol

Thomas needs to get plenty of carries. With him, it is not a game of "let's test this kid". You have to give him the go ahead. He needs to emerge as the guy who can get it done. But he will need breaks. He will need chances to get to the sideline so he can refocus his head. He's a rookie. So give him the support of being the go to guy. Then you need a change of pace back. Sproles or Bush would fit that role. Bring them in to catch a pass out of the backfield and do their magic. But you still need taht veteran who is there to come in when Thomas can't get it going. This player does not need a HUGE CONTRACT. He doesn't need to be someone like DeAngelo Williams. Ricky Williams would fit that role well. Ronnie might not be happy with that role. Hilliard might even fit that role. But you don't need to have a 3rd string veteran making too much money getting in the way of Thomas' growth.

Back
Top Bottom