3 Deepest units, 3 units still under construction | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 Deepest units, 3 units still under construction

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

What do you all think? I think its pretty fair/accurate. I listen to a lot of this guys pod casts, one of the better ones out there.

I disagree with the WR part as being a weakness or "under construction". I know this is based off of a small sample size and it's just my opinion but Preston William's is the real deal. If I'm right that gives us two legit starters, and plenty of depth at the #3 spot with Ford, Wilson, Hurns, etc. I found it funny that they labeled the interior offensive line as deep simply because there were 6 players for 3 positions but labeled the WR's as a weakness considering how many guys are on the roster right now at that spot.

I disagree with the WR part as being a weakness or "under construction". I know this is based off of a small sample size and it's just my opinion but Preston William's is the real deal. If I'm right that gives us two legit starters, and plenty of depth at the #3 spot with Ford, Wilson, Hurns, etc. I found it funny that they labeled the interior offensive line as deep simply because there were 6 players for 3 positions but labeled the WR's as a weakness considering how many guys are on the roster right now at that spot.
That was my feeling, as well.

The article says 'most of the room are #3-#4 recievers'. That's true on, probably, 28 other teams too.

The writer does have a legitimate premise, that it is likely that our recieving corps sees new faces, and upgrades going forward.

What do you all think? I think its pretty fair/accurate. I listen to a lot of this guys pod casts, one of the better ones out there.

I'm struggling with "deepest." 'Most talented' units are CB, WR, RB and that's based on what I've seen in previous years. Are all those "deep?" No
Still under construction. Safety, TE, OL. I'm optimistic with Flowers at OG, Karras is capable, but the other 3 spots? Unknown.

The main unit is Ol and Dl.. they need work together become unit. I would love see dolphins become like 49ers.

I would mostly agree. The wide receiver position can be a strength, but I can see it in the "under construction" category based on injuries. Parker, Williams, Grant and Wilson have all dealt with injuries. Parker is probably the key to this unit. He proved, when healthy, that he can be a top wide receiver.

I think the interior offensive line should be improved, but I'm not sold yet. It's more of a wait and see for me. I don't dislike the interior defensive line, but Miami could probably still use a top-end talent there. Wilkins could take his game up a notch. I think he's more solid than spectacular, though. If you believe a team wins on the lines, I don't think the Dolphins are quite there yet. Improved, yes.

With the addition of Kyle Van Noy from the Patriots, I expect our Linebackers to be one of the best position groups on the team. Raekwon McMillan and Jerome Baker better understand the roles that Coach Flores wants them to play. Others like Vince Biegel, Andrew Van Ginkel plus free agent pickups, Kamu Grugier-Hill (Eagles) and Elandon Roberts (Patriots) represent decent quality depth. BTW - before our resident gurus dismiss Elandon Roberts, it's worth remembering that he's actually got 2 Super Bowl rings and Grugier-Hill got one at the Eagles.
Van Noy is a very big addition to the Defense because of the knowledge, experience and success he brings to the team. He is Flores' guy.

Last edited:
How is Long Snapper not one of our deepest positions?

1) Miami's CB postion, at least, on paper is it's deepest unit. I believe confirmation will come once they start playing.

2) Miami's WR postion, is also deep, they have the makings of a diverse group. When Healthy, they've all shown the ability to make plays. This unit is one of the most underrated groups in the entire league. Wilson, Grant, Parker, William's, Horn and Ford IMHO, will prove their worth once the season starts. Good Depth too!!!

3) Miami's LB's have been upgraded during the offseason. They have the potential to be very good. On paper they bring a diverse skillset, with varying degrees of assignments flexibility. Solid if not spectacular. This core has a chance to shine, But will it? Love the depth and overall experience.

Last edited:
1) Miami's Offensive Line is the unit, Most Under Construction. They made an effort to improve during the offseason, but it remains to be seen, especially with so many young players added. If they click, could be a Huge Upgrade?

2) Miami's TE's are another group still under construction. Mike Gesicki was fantastic the 2nd half of last season. But beyond him, there are questions. Need to add one more playmaking TE IMHO. And hope Gesicki continues his upward trend.

3) Miami's Safety position is under construction. Beyond Eric Rowe, there is a lot of inexperience and raw talent. They showed promise in 2019, but need to continue their upward trend in 2020. If they click, this unit could be really good. The final game of 2019, showed how good coaching and player development can turn street F/A's and undrafted F/A's into a serviceable group. The sky is the limit if they come together?

Back
Top Bottom