3 dudes I definitely want… | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 dudes I definitely want…

I don't believe a tight end drafted in the first 3 picks has ever occurred and that includes all hall of famers but I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.I could always blame it on my advanced age.

I don't believe a tight end drafted in the first 3 picks has ever occurred and that includes all hall of famers but I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.I could always blame it on my advanced age.

Riley Odoms (1972) and Mike Ditka (1961) were both drafted 5th overall. that's the highest a TE has been drafted to date

I wouldn't mind Pitts after a trade down or two but not at #3
Exactly. If we got Pitts, it would be at 8 or 10 ish. Not at 3. That would also give us an extra 2nd rounder, so Pitts at 8/10, Collins at 18, Williams at 36 and Humphrey at the extra 2nd rounder. Then Marshall the WR at 50

I don't believe a tight end drafted in the first 3 picks has ever occurred and that includes all hall of famers

Why does this matter?

If Pitts or any other TE is the best available player — and I’m not suggesting that they are — you should take them.

Citing past drafts as a reason to do something or not to do something is ridiculous to me.

For one, every draft is different. The talent available and depth of talent is different.
Two, things change.The game changes. Strategy changes along with it.

I’ve advocated for Smith or Chase at 3 if they aren’t able to make a worthwhile trade down inside the top 10. However I’d have no problem with Pitts at 3 if that’s who they truly believe is the best, most impactful player available at that spot.

I couldn’t care less whether a WR or TE is typically drafted lower or has never been drafted that high. They shouldn’t be concerned about that either.

Treat this draft as it’s own and take the player you value most. I’ll also add, the player you value the most at a position of need. Because I see the top players pretty evenly so a deciding factor, to me, would be biggest need. Because I don’t see one player head and shoulders above the rest.

That’s why I‘d like to see an offensive playmaker taken. It is by far the biggest need the Dolphins have. And there are some really good ones available.

Creed Humphrey is the only player I want to see the phins draft

That and avoiding Sewell at #3
I like creed..in second round @50 maybe..not 18 or 36..maybe trade back and get him before 50.

no Sewell..agreed..he’s not generational..same as Lawrence..only generational talent in this whole draft is Pitts.

I like creed..in second round @50 maybe..not 18 or 36..maybe trade back and get him before 50.

no Sewell..agreed..he’s not generational..same as Lawrence..only generational talent in this whole draft is Pitts.

Agree; Creed at 50 is ideal.

Pitts IMO has the most potential to be a generational talent.

Lawrence has skills but is a lot of hype. I'm glad even relieved that the phins got their QB last yr.

p.s. Lawrence resembles & reminds me of Travis Wilson who played here at the U (of Utah) but w/ better mechanics and talent at the skill positions.

I'd love to bank on the fact we can land Creed @50. But I think that's no better than 50/50 and probably more like 60/40 against.

I've been horny for Humphrey for 2 years (most services had him as an R1 talent 2020 draft -- but he stayed in school and got his degree in finance)... Unsure why but he was no longer the hot commodity this year and suddenly he's falling into R3 or later! But nope. Once you road test this dude and get those performance numbers locked in --- well he's closer to R1 territory than R3 that's for sure!

Kid could be an absolute Monster as a Pro. That's why I have this top 3 -- I think all 3 have a legit shot at monster -- tho Williams would be the least sure of that status IMO.

Back
Top Bottom