3 out of the 6 names are gone | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 out of the 6 names are gone

I think if we were going to promote Godsey or Studesville, we would have done it already.

Seems to me we wanted Canada or McDaniel and got shafted when both took promotions with their current teams.
Shafted not the right word. Both OC positions opened up and I certainly would want to stay with the same team for the same position, a lot easier than moving your entire family for the same position in a new state.

You sure about that? In the NFL anyways? After his hip injury, not counting college right?

Says here last year Herbert averaged 7.3 yards per attempt and Tua averaged 6.3 that’s an entire yard less per attempt. Do you have alternative facts or stats that support your assertion?

Not bashing Tua, I’m hopeful he will develop and get better especially if we surround him with more talent, but I was just wondering if you had data to support your assertion that Tua throws on average farther than Herbert?
1611005698817.png
1611005713920.png

You're looking at yards per attempt which factors in YAC of which Tua had the worst receivers in the NFL at. If you throw a 1 yard pass and the guy runs 20 yards, you get 20 yards added into that YPA average.

This is the stat that shows how far you average in the actual air to your target. On average, Tua intended to throw the ball farther than Herbert and averaged even higher yards per actual completion. In the aforementioned example, you'd only get 1 yard, not 20.

Yes and he was 22nd in total yards Which indicates that the defense and special teams played a prominent role in ability to score. Here’s some of my other issues with Gailey:

His offense after the Arizona (or perhaps the Charger) game was vanilla and unimaginative. Even the Jets game where Fitz started was a poorly called game.

When Tua was in it was usually either pistol formation or empty sets. Way too much play action too.

I believe we were one of the lowest teams in motioning a receiver, which contibuted to use being 32nd is receiver separation.

His route combinations reduced the possibility for YAC primarily consisting of flat and curl routes. somebody posted the next gen routes for each receiver the last 3 games and almost exclusively under 10 yards.

Finally, imagine how much more we would’ve scored if he wasn’t for his abysmal red zone play calling. How many runs up the middle with 190 pound rbs or fades did we throw inside the 10 again?

defense carried the entire season

You sure about that? In the NFL anyways? After his hip injury, not counting college right?

Says here last year Herbert averaged 7.3 yards per attempt and Tua averaged 6.3 that’s an entire yard less per attempt. Do you have alternative facts or stats that support your assertion?

Not bashing Tua, I’m hopeful he will develop and get better especially if we surround him with more talent, but I was just wondering if you had data to support your assertion that Tua throws on average farther than Herbert?
YPA is an effeciency stat, really has nothing to do with how deep QBs throw the ball. Here's an example I used earlier in the season. Both QBs have a 7.7 YPA, you can see both go about it in a different way.

Mathew Stafford: 63.7% comp.(27th) 12.1 yards per completion(7th)
Teddy Bridgewater: 72.1% comp.(2nd) 10.7 yards per completion(23rd)

I’m afraid if you promote from within there will be too many Gailey like carry over concepts.

just something to consider I suppose.
No, not unless the hire from within worked under Gailey his whole career. I’m sure any hire within has his own ideas

Last edited:
View attachment 62897
View attachment 62898

You're looking at yards per attempt which factors in YAC of which Tua had the worst receivers in the NFL at. If you throw a 1 yard pass and the guy runs 20 yards, you get 20 yards added into that YPA average.

This is the stat that shows how far you average in the actual air to your target. On average, Tua intended to throw the ball farther than Herbert and averaged even higher yards per actual completion. In the aforementioned example, you'd only get 1 yard, not 20.
I know this can't be correct. Tua can't throw the deep ball

Back
Top Bottom