3 out of the 6 names are gone | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 out of the 6 names are gone

Ya big time bummer, wanted Canada or McDaniels.

Was reading a pretty interesting take as to why it’s better to have an offensive HC.

The way we have it now you have to keep hiring OCs and if he does well in a couple years he’s likely gonna go for a HC position and then ur back starting over again. With an offensive HC you don’t have that problem. The HC and QB can be together for 10/15 years.

Don’t get me wrong I love Flores and think he’s a great HC, but this is going to be a problem every few years for us, especially if our offense is what we all hope it will be.

Hopefully we can develop our coaching staff and keep going in house. That’s one solution.

The other ishaving an ELITE QB, but that’s a even harder. If only a guy like Waston were available for trade.
Exactly. I was saying that before Flores was hired. I always wanted an offensive guy. We are now on the third offensive coordinator in three years. If he hires someone inadequate he has to hire someone else and has to start over. If he hires someone who is successful, there is a good chance he will lose that guy to another team looking for a head coach. Again, the offense would have to start over. Either way, you're screwed.

Exactly. I was saying that before Flores was hired. I always wanted an offensive guy. We are now on the third offensive coordinator in three years. If he hires someone inadequate he has to hire someone else and has to start over. If he hires someone who is successful, there is a good chance he will lose that guy to another team looking for a head coach. Again, the offense would have to start over. Either way, you're screwed.
It's a hurdle for sure, but I think you really only need to hit on one... Once the foundation is established and your QB is thriving, switching OCs or promoting from within becomes less of a problem. Once you've got the blueprint, all you're really looking for is a playcaller. imo

It's a hurdle for sure, but I think you really only need to hit on one... Once the foundation is established and your QB is thriving, switching OCs or promoting from within becomes less of a problem. Once you've got the blueprint, all you're really looking for is a playcaller. imo
I hear you, but then I look at Atlanta and can't help but feel their offense hasn't been the same since Kyle Shanahan left.

yes I want somebody who has never had anything to do with Gailey. We need to purge our team of that cancerous ”offense.”
Stud got here in 2018, with previous Head Coaching experience (interim, Broncos).

Godsey got here in 2019, with previous Offensive Coordinator experience.

I can't see how 2020 with Chan Gailey would negatively impact what either coach might bring to the table as OC for us now. Probably gave them a list of what not to do (as well as good ideas/concepts).

Stud got here in 2018, with previous Head Coaching experience (interim, Broncos).

I can't see how 2020 with Chan Gailey would negatively impact what either coach might bring to the table as OC for us now. Probably gave them a list of what not to do (as well as good ideas/concepts).

There was obviously good and bad there. Saying everyone has too be gone is an over-reaction.

I get that they have some experience. I guess I just pictured us going after one if those younger guys who studied under an innovative offensive scheme

I'd like to have Pep Hamilton, but whatever the FO thinks is best is fine with me. If they go externally, I think they'd want them in place before doing the senior bowl. So if they don't hire someone before then, I think that means they'll go internally, as they'll already be there.

I get that they have some experience. I guess I just pictured us going after one if those younger guys who studied under an innovative offensive scheme
I'm all for it, I just wanted to point out that they pre-dated Chan here, and neither one learned offense under him coming up.

Really would like to see us run a saints like offense. They attack hashes or attack the boundary from hashes I should say

you could add a etienne to mirror the kamara roll although good luck getting that same run thru contact kamara brings. Your oline isn’t that level but another piece maybe it can be.

Gesicki could run a lot of the same concepts the saints tight end jared cook does

good fit for tuas arm
We need way better receivers for that. And we'd need a stud TE.

You sure about that? In the NFL anyways? After his hip injury, not counting college right?

Says here last year Herbert averaged 7.3 yards per attempt and Tua averaged 6.3 that’s an entire yard less per attempt. Do you have alternative facts or stats that support your assertion?

Not bashing Tua, I’m hopeful he will develop and get better especially if we surround him with more talent, but I was just wondering if you had data to support your assertion that Tua throws on average farther than Herbert?
It would've been interesting if Tua had played all 16 games, the type of QB he would've been by the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom