3 out of the 6 names are gone | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 out of the 6 names are gone

What about Bill Callahan? If that's a bad idea please explain why. Guy seems to be fantastic with O line. He played QB in college and he's been both a head coach and OC in the past. TBH I don't really remember what his systems were like when he was an OC.

Ya big time bummer, wanted Canada or McDaniels.

Was reading a pretty interesting take as to why it’s better to have an offensive HC.

The way we have it now you have to keep hiring OCs and if he does well in a couple years he’s likely gonna go for a HC position and then ur back starting over again. With an offensive HC you don’t have that problem. The HC and QB can be together for 10/15 years.

Don’t get me wrong I love Flores and think he’s a great HC, but this is going to be a problem every few years for us, especially if our offense is what we all hope it will be.

Hopefully we can develop our coaching staff and keep going in house. That’s one solution.

The other ishaving an ELITE QB, but that’s a even harder. If only a guy like Waston were available for trade.

I agree with most of what you wrote, until you got to "The other is having an Elite QB, but that's even harder, if only a guy like Watson were available for trade."

Now, not denying Watson is Elite, and if we did get him, we would automatically become a better team offensively, but Tua has yet to show us how good a QB he can be, he could fail to be close to the QB that Watson is...Granted, but he could end up being as good or better (Yes, I said better) then Watson, but with the added bonus that we would not have to give up our top draft picks, or anything that would help us take huge strides for next year.

Get a Legit O-Coordinator, that will help him reach his potential, then we will see what we got.

I agree with most of what you wrote, until you got to "The other is having an Elite QB, but that's even harder, if only a guy like Watson were available for trade."

Now, not denying Watson is Elite, and if we did get him, we would automatically become a better team offensively, but Tua has yet to show us how good a QB he can be, he could fail to be close to the QB that Watson is...Granted, but he could end up being as good or better (Yes, I said better) then Watson, but with the added bonus that we would not have to give up our top draft picks, or anything that would help us take huge strides for next year.

Tay i luv you my brother but the thread is about OC's not Tua or Watson

Please back to the topic

Get a Legit O-Coordinator, that will help him reach his potential, then we will see what we got.
On the other side of Tua doesn’t end up elite all those picks and everything else you did probably isn’t gonna matter.

I think you have to ask yourself, is Tua going to be a top QB in the NFL? Odds are against him and at the same time you can get an Elite QB right now for 10 years.

I'd like to have Pep Hamilton, but whatever the FO thinks is best is fine with me. If they go externally, I think they'd want them in place before doing the senior bowl. So if they don't hire someone before then, I think that means they'll go internally, as they'll already be there.

Why is it so important to get a new coach before the senior bowl?

For all the flak Gailey gets, we were 15th in points per game. Which is the best we’ve been since 2014. I know the defense forced at least one turnover each game but Gailey wasn’t as bad as everybody likes to think. Especially when Tua’s performance is excused because of his support group, Gailey had to deal with that as well - and a rookie QB.

that stat is misleading.

our defense had two TD's, we scored on one punt return TD also.

on top of that, our defense/ST set up two drives in scoring position that ended in field goals (San Francisco, start from the opp. 19 and 33) and 6 drives in scoring position that ended in TD's (Jacksonville, start from opp. 5; Rams, start from opp. 33 and 1; Chargers; start from opp. 1 and 32; Denver, start from opp. 22).

that's 69 points the offense gets credit for that either the D/ST scored outright or played a huge part in.

in other words, from sustained drives, our offense scored 335 points, an avg. of 20.9 points/game. that would have been tied for 26th.

that stat is misleading.

our defense had two TD's, we scored on one punt return TD also.

on top of that, our defense/ST set up two drives in scoring position that ended in field goals (San Francisco, start from the opp. 19 and 33) and 6 drives in scoring position that ended in TD's (Jacksonville, start from opp. 5; Rams, start from opp. 33 and 1; Chargers; start from opp. 1 and 32; Denver, start from opp. 22).

that's 69 points the offense gets credit for that either the D/ST scored outright or played a huge part in.

in other words, from sustained drives, our offense scored 335 points, an avg. of 20.9 points/game. that would have been tied for 26th.
Other teams get turnovers and good starting field position opportunities too so unless you're going subtract those from everybody else you don't know where Miami would rank. Certainly wouldn't be 26th.

Other teams get turnovers and good starting field position opportunities too so unless you're going subtract those from everybody else you don't know where Miami would rank. Certainly wouldn't be 26th.

fair enough. i'm neither bored enough nor desperate enough to make a point to go through all the data though.

So I am curiouos as to what y'all think about our OC situation in general. Why the turnover? Do you think we are struggling to find an OC that brings out the best in our QB or that we can't seem to find one that has an overall philosophy that aligns with what Coach Flo wants?

Back
Top Bottom