3 players audition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 players audition

Wasn't Jarius Jackson the QB for the NFLE who could throw so well. If it's the same guy I remember in NFLE this year, this guy has an arm and accurate too. Okay, we have Sage and Griese backing up Jay, so why are we looking at a QB? Does this said something about Sage and Brian. Sage had a decent arm if I remember correctly. Don't really know about his scrambling ability..

Jackson played for ND not a bad QB. Walker for Mich a very big WR.

Walker is a stud. I remember watching him in college.....great receiver there. I saw a lot of Jackson too, but I'm not sure if he is as good or better than the QBs we have right now.

Walker man.. kid has potential. He was a STUD up at Michigan. I remember before the combine in 2002 he was projected a late 1st-early 2nd round pick. He's a big guy with Derrius Thompson-like speed. I think he ran in the 4.55 range and he may of been a bit banged up, so he lasted until the 3rd(I think he got picked RIGHT before us by Tampa).

I would like to add him to the roster, he could be a major steal.

bucwalker-1.jpg

-Positives/Negatives from NFL.COM's 2002 Draft page-
Positives Well-built athlete with average speed, but compensates with excellent quickness and body control … Very smooth route runner who uses his size well to get off the press … Has suddenness in his movements after the catch and will not hesitate to get physical with the defenders … Excels on slants and option routes, as he stays square and comes back immediately for the ball … Can make plays anywhere on the field, showing superb concentration and the ability to catch in a crowd … Makes natural adjustments coming off the line and can get vertical to haul in the high tosses … Displays great natural hand-catching ability (gets proper placement and catches away from the body) … Despite not possessing top speed, he can elude with his juke moves … Effective chop blocker who has the power to sustain … Makes sharp cuts on his routes, showing precision in and out of the break point … Holds on to the ball firmly upon contact … Gets up field with nifty moves, showing toughness and vision when running after the catch … Very effective at delivering a forceful hand punch to power through the jam and get back into his routes.

Negatives: Has a limited burst to separate from the defender … Gathers some through his patterns … Struggles to run away from defenders, relying on moves rather than a burst … Not much of a deep threat, appearing more suited for intermediate routes (not a home-run hitter).

His problem is he can't get away from teh CB...he's exactly like Thompson, he seems to have everything but just can't get open

There's a reason he's not on a team a year after being drafted.

Originally posted by Phinstd

There's a reason he's not on a team a year after being drafted.

Yeah, but you also gotta realize.. he had a season ending injury in preseason last year..

Well, he's been traded once and released once. There has to be a reason for that ya know?

Do we need another WR? I think we are deep there with youngsters already. Although I admit his talent pre-injury is intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom