3 players to consider at #14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 players to consider at #14

utahphinsfan

Club Member
Reaction score
1) Eli Harold UVa. Someone from Charlotesville will be ethically sound and smart. Frankly IMO, there aren't enough of those types in pro athletics. I understand he did quite well at the combine. He is listed as DE; could make the conversion to SLB? If not, rotate he & Dion at both.

2) Landon Collins. The track record for Tide defenders in the NFL is a mixed bag but Nick does gets his players ready. Heaven only knows the phins could use an upgrade in the secondary. Could he be another Kam Chancellor type?

3) Tres Waynes. Conceptually, he's not a scheme fit. Maybe, what the phins need is 1 big shut down CB which would give the rest of the D flexibility. That said, I doubt Coyle & Philbin can or will afdapt.

How many SLB do we need on this roster? Misi, Jordan, McCain and now Harold?

Tres Waynes? You can only draft one.

eli harold at 14 would be an absolute all time ireland like level screw up

eli harold at 14 would be an absolute all time ireland like level screw up

Why cause he's more an OLB in a 3-4 than a fit in the 4-3 lol. Are you saying Ireland didn't draft scheme fit players?

Why cause he's more an OLB in a 3-4 than a fit in the 4-3 lol. Are you saying Ireland didn't draft scheme fit players?

yeah if we took him and made him a solb when we had jordan and mccain and misi in house i'm turning in my card...point blank...what you'd probably get in our scheme is a situational pass rusher that's actual pass rush is more raw than randy gregorys even as in harold is mostly all athlete at this stage who will get straight trucked in the run game in a 43...

undersized to boot...it would be all time dunce cap sit in corner stuff

How many SLB do we need on this roster? Misi, Jordan, McCain and now Harold?

Tres Waynes? You can only draft one.

I was saying this over the weekend too.... it worries me. How many OLB are we going to keep bringing that can rush the edge, pressure the QB, but struggle against the run more or less, but we keep bringing them in trying to develop them.... as they are rushing that edge, we have gaping holes opening up all throughout the middle of our defense, plus they cant contain the corners well anyways.

I don't think any of them are fits. If I HAD to draft one, I'd draft Landon Collins. He's a great player. I don't love the concept of having two box safeties, but he's comfortably the best player in this group.

I've been going back on Harold, and he's almost good, but I don't see the qualities of a guy who will ever develop into a great pass rusher. I can see him being a productive 3-4 OLB in the right scheme, but nothing worth a 1st.

Waynes has 1st-round speed and 4th-round feet.

I don't think any of them are fits. If I HAD to draft one, I'd draft Landon Collins. He's a great player. I don't love the concept of having two box safeties, but he's comfortably the best player in this group.

I've been going back on Harold, and he's almost good, but I don't see the qualities of a guy who will ever develop into a great pass rusher. I can see him being a productive 3-4 OLB in the right scheme, but nothing worth a 1st.

Waynes has 1st-round speed and 4th-round feet.

agreed on Harold, I watched tape especially after he WOWed me at the combine... and you nailed it.... i dont think i would have him a 1-2 rounder either... lacks a lot of strength and needs much work overall.

Gordan or Gurley.. Best DT on the board.. Vic Beasly or DGB ( might be a bust but could be almost as good as Megatron..)

i don't like any of the options...i don't think collins has free safety range although our scheme doesnt really require a true center field type although if we don't stop the run we sure as hell are gonna play a lot of single high (which comes back to upgrading the mike) i think his games more strong safety as are his coverage skills and i'm not moving reshad jones to free...waynes i think you'd be drafting to be something he hasn't shown he can be with a top 15 pick and harold makes absolutely zero sense for us on any level and doesnt even validate the pick on tape

top 15 pick i'm not changing somebodys stripes or drafting a projection fit..nope

i don't like any of the options...i don't think collins has free safety range although our scheme doesnt really require a true center field type although if we don't stop the run we sure as hell are gonna play a lot of single high (which comes back to upgrading the mike) i think his games more strong safety as are his coverage skills and i'm not moving reshad jones to free...waynes i think you'd be drafting to be something he hasn't shown he can be with a top 15 pick and harold makes absolutely zero sense for us on any level and doesnt even validate the pick on tape

top 15 pick i'm not changing somebodys stripes or drafting a projection fit..nope

why is this getting more difficult again...... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.... back to trade down with possible value at #14 :crazy:

Three guys I've seen championed here - Eric Rowe (fin_thirteen), Steven Nelson (iambane), Bobby McCain (slimm) are three of my very favorite CB's. They all move like you need and compete like you want. McCain's game against Ol' Miss is unreal. He's like a mix of Brent Grimes and Tyrann Mathieu.

Three guys I've seen championed here - Eric Rowe (fin_thirteen), Steven Nelson (iambane), Bobby McCain (slimm) are three of my very favorite CB's. They all move like you need and compete like you want. McCain's game against Ol' Miss is unreal. He's like a mix of Brent Grimes and Tyrann Mathieu.

I cant make sense of this, can you explain further?

i'm still curious on what the like of bobby McCain is though.... Slimm hasnt answered back yet too.

As of now, I'd guess the top 3 for Miami at #14 are:

Malcom Brown DT --- Love his quickness off the snap. Need and a fit going into free agency. Have to keep the DL strong.
Trae Waynes DB --- Dolphins need to get a bigger, physical corner and that's Waynes. Lot of debate as to whether or not a scheme fit or if he can adapt to a different scheme.
La'el Collins OT/OG -- I'm hoping this need is solved in free agency. If not, Collins would be a nice piece to add at LG and a player who could play LT if Alberts is hurt.

I know the fan base wants a wide receiver, but I think Miami waits until maybe the third round to get a big, physical, redzone target. While linebacker is a big need, I don't know about the value at #14. The Dolphins really need a MLB, but #14 is too high. I would love for the team to take Todd Gurley, but I think it's more likely the team adds a veteran who can block.

Back
Top Bottom