3 Plays- correctable issues, would have changed the dialogue about Tua today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 Plays- correctable issues, would have changed the dialogue about Tua today

The divisional road win to start the year is fantastic! We only scored 17 while winning the turnover battle, which was the fewest points of any team that won yesterday.

Bottomline -- Tua needs to pick up the points production if the Dolphins are going to be an AFC contender.

The Dolphins could win every game including the SB and the anti-Tua crowd would still be finding things that Tua does they don’t like and they would still be calling for the Dolphins to trade for a new QB.

Tua obviously didn’t play a perfect game yesterday but no one else on the Dolphins played a perfect game either. Tua needs to improve in areas of his game but the OL is still a major problem and the lack of a running game only puts more pressure on the passing game.

The TE’s and specifically Gesicki were a complete non factor in the game yesterday as far as catching passes. Smythe was the only TE to catch a pass and only Waddle and Parker caught passes by the WR’s.

Without a running game and the inability of the OL to give the QB time in the pocket, there are very few QB’s who would have much success in this offense.

Last year the Dolphins went up to NE to play against a Patriots team that wasn’t nearly as talented as this years Patriots team. The Patriots defense last year was mediocre at best. Yet Fitzpatrick threw for only 191 yards in the game with 3 interceptions and no TD’s and the Dolphins lost that game. Yet some people think the Dolphins should have resigned Fitzpatrick instead of going with Tua as the starting QB.

Josh Allen was not elite in college in 2 years there. Josh Allen was bad his rookie year and average his 2nd year.He had his 1st elite season in 5 years of playing football. So the 1 year of really good football is who he is? but the other 4 years are the outliers?

girl-sure-jan.gif
It doesn't invalidate Tua to give other QB's credit where credit is due.

Honestly folks, this was a good opening day win… I would have liked to see more from Tua but he really did well against a tough D…. People need to step outside their bias and use rational, realistic assessments… I like Tua, but yea there’s the chance he could be mediocre, and not be the franchise QB we all want to see… he is going to develop, and hopefully it is into that franchise QB… but all these doom and gloom posts are ridiculous… change just 3 plays and we wouldn’t have half of these comments… if he hits the Wilson TD- beauty throw, even better defensive play, but demonstrates what this team can do… nothing to correct there, with that throw they’ll hit that a high percentage of the time… If Waddle catches the deep out on third down, and that horrible throw away that ended in the pick… all those plays can be addressed and corrected if need be- it is not a talent issue… if those 3 plays are made you have Tua at 19 for 29, about 250 yards 2 tds passing and one rushing- against a top NFL defence
I'll add the free play he should've had when the Pats went offsides. I think Waddle has already streaked past his dude. Easy 40 yard TD.

It doesn't invalidate Tua to give other QB's credit where credit is due.
I said Allen had an elite year...is that not credit? Should I pretend the previous 4 years don't exist? I don't crown people after 1 good game or 1 great season. Lots of players have had 1 great season. Let's see if he can do it more than once.

If Waddle makes that catch who knows if we go on to score there?
The other play was a fantastic defensive play. The pick was a bad play, no real excuses for that. He should do better, I won't worry about this unless he does it again.
No doubt it was a great defensive play. Not really blaming him, it was a good throw, but do you think Tua misthrew it a little bit? My reasoning is, if the football was thrown more outside towards the corner, Wilson would have been able to shield the defender with his body and make the catch. Instead, it was thrown inside, on the defender side, and he was able to make a play. Not that it matters today. We won. Just curious, that's all.

I said Allen had an elite year...is that not credit? Should I pretend the previous 4 years don't exist? I don't crown people after 1 good game or 1 great season. Lots of players have had 1 great season. Let's see if he can do it more than once.
"Lots" of QBs have had only 1 great season where it's comparable that they went 13-3, threw for 4500 yards, 37 TDs/10 Ints and made the Championship game? Like who? Scott Mitchell? Steve Beuerlein? Mark Rypien? I'd bet it's less than 1% of all QB seasons in the history of the NFL that there was a one year wonder comparable to Allen's year last year.

This will go on the whole year. One attacking and the other side defending him. I'll just root for him every week knowing that this is a team sport and it'll take all 22 guys plus ST's doing their job to win.
Lol even if he has a great game someone is gonna say he sucked because he didnt turn 3 degrees to the left and calculated his own velocity while throwing the ball and spending a telepathatic message to the receivers while disrupting the 11 defenders brain with voodoo.

"Lots" of QBs have had only 1 great season where it's comparable that they went 13-3, threw for 4500 yards, 37 TDs/10 Ints and made the Championship game? Like who? Scott Mitchell? Steve Beuerlein? Mark Rypien? I'd bet it's less than 1% of all QB seasons in the history of the NFL that there was a one year wonder comparable to Allen's year last year.
13-3 is team success as is making it to the Championship success. Well if we're using your extremely specific criteria of 4500 yards 37 TD/10 int then not many if that's YOUR standard.

If we're using a more general standard yeah Scott Mitchell, Mark Rypien, RG3, Cam Newton, Derek Anderson, Nick Foles, Don Majkowski, Steve Beuerlein, Elvis Grbac.

Aaron Rogers, Matt Ryan, and Ben Roethlisberger all had much worse games than Tua did yesterday and they all have played more than 10 games in the NFL. Rogers and Roethlisberger will eventually be members of the HOF.
Perhaps recognizing that the issues on the offense is more an OL issue than a QB issue would make some people realize that it’s not always the QB which is the problem with an offense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom