3 Plays- correctable issues, would have changed the dialogue about Tua today | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 Plays- correctable issues, would have changed the dialogue about Tua today

13-3 is team success as is making it to the Championship success. Well if we're using your extremely specific criteria of 4500 yards 37 TD/10 int then not many if that's YOUR standard.

If we're using a more general standard yeah Scott Mitchell, Mark Rypien, RG3, Cam Newton, Derek Anderson, Nick Foles, Don Majkowski, Steve Beuerlein, Elvis Grbac.
Almost none of them come close to Allen's year, and the 10 or so you cite certainly don't constitute "a lot", if they even qualify. My point is just that very few QB's in the history of the NFL have a season the caliber of Allen's and then don't ever repeat something similar. His "one elite season" shouldn't be discounted so easily.

I bet no one is talking about how average Josh Allen looked yesterday - and HE LOST. Not to mention whatever Aaron Rodgers was doing out there
Aaron Rodgers was saying “trade me now, ****ers!!”

Jesus,
Aaron Rogers, Matt Ryan, and Ben Roethlisberger all had much worse games than Tua did yesterday and they all have played more than 10 games in the NFL. Rogers and Roethlisberger will eventually be members of the HOF.
Perhaps recognizing that the issues on the offense is more an OL issue than a QB issue would make some people realize that it’s not always the QB which is the problem with an offense.
I hope we can fix our Oline soon because we went through 7 seasons of arguing Tannehill vs the O-line…..and, err, it turned out to be the O-line + Joe Philbin and Adam Gase and Mike Tannenbaum and pretty much a lot of other things. I in no way, shape or form wish to relive that w Tua.

Josh Allen was not elite in college in 2 years there. Josh Allen was bad his rookie year and average his 2nd year.He had his 1st elite season in 5 years of playing football. So the 1 year of really good football is who he is? but the other 4 years are the outliers?

girl-sure-jan.gif
Fick Josh Allen

That does not matter. Allen is a proven winning QB. If he continues to struggle, then you might have a point. Tua has not built the credibility that Allen has.

And if Allen spent his career in Miami, would he be a winning QB? He's good, but he's on BUF

I hope we can fix our Oline soon because we went through 7 seasons of arguing Tannehill vs the O-line…..and, err, it turned out to be the O-line + Joe Philbin and Adam Gase and Mike Tannenbaum and pretty much a lot of other things. I in no way, shape or form wish to relive that w Tua.
Unfortunately I have been saying all along that my biggest concern going into the season was the OL. The OL needs to play a lot better than they did yesterday if they expect to make the playoffs this year. I support Tua but I recognize he still needs to play better. Yet having an OL that can open holes in the running game and give him time in the pocket to pass the ball would certainly help with Tua’s development.

Unfortunately I have been saying all along that my biggest concern going into the season was the OL. The OL needs to play a lot better than they did yesterday if they expect to make the playoffs this year. I support Tua but I recognize he still needs to play better. Yet having an OL that can open holes in the running game and give him time in the pocket to pass the ball would certainly help with Tua’s development.
Yes, like w Ryan we are trying to develop a QB while under constant duress. Not good.

Almost none of them come close to Allen's year, and the 10 or so you cite certainly don't constitute "a lot", if they even qualify. My point is just that very few QB's in the history of the NFL have a season the caliber of Allen's and then don't ever repeat something similar. His "one elite season" shouldn't be discounted so easily.
Yeah man I'm not really going to dig through the archive of NFL stats to prove a point. Those are the ones I remembered, there quite possibly could be more but I'm not going to do all that work.

Also you kinda have to account for era. Mark Rypien had the 2nd most TDs in 1991with 28 while Josh Allen was 5th. Steve Beuerlein was also 2nd in the NFL in TDs, Elvis Grbac was 4th, and well you get the idea.

Very few of these QB's played in the era that Allen played in. The numbers today are inflated that doesn't mean the QB's are better than they were in the 90's, 80's, 00's. The average NFL passer rating in 2020 was 93.6 in 1990 it was 77.3 in 2000 it was 78.1.

9 of the top 10 highest career passer ratings are from this era of football. Only Steve Young is from a past era and he sits at 10 for now. You have a guy like Kirk Cousins with a higher career passer rating than Joe Montana. The point is you can't just look at Allen's bulk stats, most of the guys I listed finished top 5 in the major passing stats same as Allen.

Aaron Rogers, Matt Ryan, and Ben Roethlisberger all had much worse games than Tua did yesterday and they all have played more than 10 games in the NFL. Rogers and Roethlisberger will eventually be members of the HOF.
Perhaps recognizing that the issues on the offense is more an OL issue than a QB issue would make some people realize that it’s not always the QB which is the problem with an offense.

I'm always amused with 'but he's proven he's a top QB.' A QB playing his 10th game gets no slack, but a 'proven top QB' gets a pass when he's 'seen it all' and has shown he can win 'big games'

Yeah man I'm not really going to dig through the archive of NFL stats to prove a point. Those are the ones I remembered, there quite possibly could be more but I'm not going to do all that work.

Also you kinda have to account for era. Mark Rypien had the 2nd most TDs in 1991with 28 while Josh Allen was 5th. Steve Beuerlein was also 2nd in the NFL in TDs, Elvis Grbac was 4th, and well you get the idea.

Very few of these QB's played in the era that Allen played in. The numbers today are inflated that doesn't mean the QB's are better than they were in the 90's, 80's, 00's. The average NFL passer rating in 2020 was 93.6 in 1990 it was 77.3 in 2000 it was 78.1.

9 of the top 10 highest career passer ratings are from this era of football. Only Steve Young is from a past era and he sits at 10 for now. You have a guy like Kirk Cousins with a higher career passer rating than Joe Montana. The point is you can't just look at Allen's bulk stats, most of the guys I listed finished top 5 in the major passing stats same as Allen.
But Kirk Cousins is way better than Joe Montana ever was. Everyone knows that! And Montana was way better than Unitas ever was given Johnny’s career 73 passer rating or whatever it was. Stats don’t lie!!!

The thing w this era is it’s so QB friendly it’s rendered other parts of the game less consequential such as running the ball. The balance isn’t quite right in my opinion ( w respect to all facets of the game being of equal or thereabouts importance).

Josh Allen is not Jim Kelly. I don’t know why but I refuse to believe in this guy.

PS - I won my FF league in ‘91 as I had Rypien as my QB. Man did I luck out.

If Waddle makes that catch who knows if we go on to score there?
The other play was a fantastic defensive play. The pick was a bad play, no real excuses for that. He should do better, I won't worry about this unless he does it again.
He had a throw away last season that was nearly pic may have been the Chiefs game. I don't hate Tua. Playing behind that line would give me the shakes to but I only saw command of the offenses on the opening dive. I will repeat myself. What is this offense designed to be?

No doubt it was a great defensive play. Not really blaming him, it was a good throw, but do you think Tua misthrew it a little bit? My reasoning is, if the football was thrown more outside towards the corner, Wilson would have been able to shield the defender with his body and make the catch. Instead, it was thrown inside, on the defender side, and he was able to make a play. Not that it matters today. We won. Just curious, that's all.
IMO if Wilson goes up for the ball, instead of waiting for it, it’s either a td or PI with the ball placed at the one. The DB never got his head around and only reached out his hand when Wilson did.

If you watch the video of Tua’s pick, Wilson is actually the one who baits it up in the air to Gesicki.

Two “what if” plays that Wilson failed to make. Hopefully with Fuller and Williams that won’t be the case.

Back
Top Bottom