3 Plays- correctable issues, would have changed the dialogue about Tua today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 Plays- correctable issues, would have changed the dialogue about Tua today

gfish24

Rookie
Reaction score
Honestly folks, this was a good opening day win… I would have liked to see more from Tua but he really did well against a tough D…. People need to step outside their bias and use rational, realistic assessments… I like Tua, but yea there’s the chance he could be mediocre, and not be the franchise QB we all want to see… he is going to develop, and hopefully it is into that franchise QB… but all these doom and gloom posts are ridiculous… change just 3 plays and we wouldn’t have half of these comments… if he hits the Wilson TD- beauty throw, even better defensive play, but demonstrates what this team can do… nothing to correct there, with that throw they’ll hit that a high percentage of the time… If Waddle catches the deep out on third down, and that horrible throw away that ended in the pick… all those plays can be addressed and corrected if need be- it is not a talent issue… if those 3 plays are made you have Tua at 19 for 29, about 250 yards 2 tds passing and one rushing- against a top NFL defence

Honestly folks, this was a good opening day win… I would have liked to see more from Tua but he really did well against a tough D…. People need to step outside their bias and use rational, realistic assessments… I like Tua, but yea there’s the chance he could be mediocre, and not be the franchise QB we all want to see… he is going to develop, and hopefully it is into that franchise QB… but all these doom and gloom posts are ridiculous… change just 3 plays and we wouldn’t have half of these comments… if he hits the Wilson TD- beauty throw, even better defensive play, but demonstrates what this team can do… nothing to correct there, with that throw they’ll hit that a high percentage of the time… If Waddle catches the deep out on third down, and that horrible throw away that ended in the pick… all those plays can be addressed and corrected if need be- it is not a talent issue… if those 3 plays are made you have Tua at 19 for 29, about 250 yards 2 tds passing and one rushing- against a top NFL defence
If Waddle makes that catch who knows if we go on to score there?
The other play was a fantastic defensive play. The pick was a bad play, no real excuses for that. He should do better, I won't worry about this unless he does it again.

I'm way more concerned about our O-line and our 3rd down defense than I am about Tua. Worst case scenario is Tua is an average QB, but we will never truly know what he is or can become until we figure out our O-line.

If the biggest problem with Tua's game yesterday was a bad decision for an INT, then make a picture of it, because that is one area of Tua's game that you might see very rarely.

Tua does not throw many INTs. Also gfish24 is right, there were a few huge plays that if they had counted or worked, Tua stats would be far better, like the Wilson, and Waddle plays, or the Gesicki play that was brought back because of holding.

Tua should, and probably will get better as this season go by, and by week 11 and beyond, we should know 100% what we have at QB...I also expect the line to get better with each week, don't know if they will ever be good, but they could be solid.

I bet no one is talking about how average Josh Allen looked yesterday - and HE LOST. Not to mention whatever Aaron Rodgers was doing out there
The one big difference is both Josh Allen and Aaron Rodgers have already proven that they are great QB's. They just had bad games. Tua still needs to prove himself. The jury is still out on him until he does.

I bet no one is talking about how average Josh Allen looked yesterday - and HE LOST. Not to mention whatever Aaron Rodgers was doing out there
I’m pretty sure Aaron Rodgers just hired a look-alike to report to GB last month and the real A-Rod is still on vacation somewhere. All that extra facial hair is just patched on to cover up facial features that would make people realize that’s not really him.

The one big difference is both Josh Allen and Aaron Rodgers have already proven that they are great QB's and the jury is still out on what kind of QB Tua will be.
Josh Allen was not elite in college in 2 years there. Josh Allen was bad his rookie year and average his 2nd year.He had his 1st elite season in 5 years of playing football. So the 1 year of really good football is who he is? but the other 4 years are the outliers?

girl-sure-jan.gif

Josh Allen was not elite in college in 2 years there. Josh Allen was bad his rookie year and average his 2nd year.He had his 1st elite season in 5 years of playing football. So the 1 year of really good football is who he is? but the other 4 years are the outliers?

girl-sure-jan.gif
We will have to wait and see but every time he has played the Dolphins so far he has torched them.

That does not matter. Allen is a proven winning QB. If he continues to struggle, then you might have a point. Tua has not built the credibility that Allen has.

That does not matter. Allen is a proven winning QB. If he continues to struggle, then you might have a point. Tua has not built the credibility that Allen has.
The point is the sample size is low. The Patriots defense might end up being one of the best of the league. Tua had a bad game talk is pointless

I’m pretty sure Aaron Rodgers just hired a look-alike to report to GB last month and the real A-Rod is still on vacation somewhere. All that extra facial hair is just patched on to cover up facial features that would make people realize that’s not really him.
I know it's not true, but really hard to not wonder if he's intentionally sabotaging his own team with a performance like that

Well if you say winning QB I mean Tua is 7-3. And in those wins Tua made the play to seal it or win it it’s not like he is some caretaker. The big numbers haven’t come but got a feeling Flo doesn’t want to fully rely on the QB, but rather gameplay how to beat the team across from him and lean on the QB when THE play needs to be made and thus far Tua seems to be up to that challenge

Back
Top Bottom