3 Plays- correctable issues, would have changed the dialogue about Tua today | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 Plays- correctable issues, would have changed the dialogue about Tua today

Kid had 16 TD's and 6 Ints his last year at Wyoming. That's tearing it up? You might wanna raise the bar Feb. And I should be married to Rihanna but we don't live in a world of should have and could have and would have. Accept what is.
You're just reading a stat line without having watched the film....

Rogers was my qb starter on my fantasy team, and scored a whopping 1.32 points.

The one big difference is both Josh Allen and Aaron Rodgers have already proven that they are great QB's. They just had bad games. Tua still needs to prove himself. The jury is still out on him until he does.
Josh Allen had one great year in his 4 years. Until last year he was just above average. I need to see more from him to say he is a great qb. Not just one year where Covid affected the entire season.

I will cheer on Tua and this team every week, but I do not have confidence the guy has what it takes to be a top 10 qb in this league. I'll concede he is not getting a fair shake with this Oline play, not sure many other qbs would be successful in his shoes. Playing a bills team coming off a week 1 upset will be a huge test. Let's see what Tua and this team can do.

You're right but I'd be hard-pressed to find a stat line of 1812 yards and 16 TDs and declare someone tore it up. The context would have to be incredible.
Apparently the Bills front office disagreed with you and were comfortable enough to trade ample draft capital in order to select him.

You realize we're talking about real football right? Not fantasy football?

But by all means, don't watch one single lick of film and then proceed to argue the semantics behind "tore it up".

Real sound take, through and through.

I appreciate your post very much and agree with it but unfortunately there are a group of so called fans who hate Tua. They want to see him fail and take joy in pointing out every bad play regardless if the MD win or not. It’s gotten to the point of a psychosis. It’s really pathetic. So it doesn’t matter what he does or how many TDs he throws or what a great person or leader he is they’ve already decided. It’s very sad but in the end he will prove them all wrong. I cannot wait for that day.
There are a bunch of new members who joined just to bitch about Tua. Trolls!!!!

Honestly folks, this was a good opening day win… I would have liked to see more from Tua but he really did well against a tough D…. People need to step outside their bias and use rational, realistic assessments… I like Tua, but yea there’s the chance he could be mediocre, and not be the franchise QB we all want to see… he is going to develop, and hopefully it is into that franchise QB… but all these doom and gloom posts are ridiculous… change just 3 plays and we wouldn’t have half of these comments… if he hits the Wilson TD- beauty throw, even better defensive play, but demonstrates what this team can do… nothing to correct there, with that throw they’ll hit that a high percentage of the time… If Waddle catches the deep out on third down, and that horrible throw away that ended in the pick… all those plays can be addressed and corrected if need be- it is not a talent issue… if those 3 plays are made you have Tua at 19 for 29, about 250 yards 2 tds passing and one rushing- against a top NFL defence
Don’t forget that bogus whistle on the encroachment call when he had 3 receivers running a go route with the safeties on only one side of the field, he had two on the other side. Ref even hit his chest after blowing the whistle and you could see him mouth “My Bad”. There’s another probable touchdown.

Don’t forget that bogus whistle on the encroachment call when he had 3 receivers running a go route with the safeties on only one side of the field, he had two on the other side. Ref even hit his chest after blowing the whistle and you could see him mouth “My Bad”. There’s another probable touchdown.
We got worked by the refs but still won despite them. I love this team because they’ve taken on the intensity and never die mentality of their coach. We have not forgotten about how they ran it up on us last year. Bills leave Miami 0-2

I will cheer on Tua and this team every week, but I do not have confidence the guy has what it takes to be a top 10 qb in this league. I'll concede he is not getting a fair shake with this Oline play, not sure many other qbs would be successful in his shoes. Playing a bills team coming off a week 1 upset will be a huge test. Let's see what Tua and this team can do.
Imagine if your employer said that to you. “I’m pulling for you but I don’t really have confidence that you’re the guy.” Would that be a vote of confidence or a sign that you probably need to put out your resume? Anyone who says “I like” or “I am pulling for Tua,” followed by a big BUT…isn’t really pulling for him. Just words. In actuality they are looking for every bad play to justify how they already feel. I highly doubt you’re cheering for him but at least you’re honest in your disdain.

Apparently the Bills front office disagreed with you and were comfortable enough to trade ample draft capital in order to select him.

You realize we're talking about real football right? Not fantasy football?

But by all means, don't watch one single lick of film and then proceed to argue the semantics behind "tore it up".

Real sound take, through and through.
They disagreed with me as far as what? Are you implying that they drafted him because they thought he "tore it up"? Maybe they drafted him based on his potential and not his production, I think I read somewhere that GM's do that sometimes. Maybe they drafted him based on his elite measurables and arm talent. If GM's drafted based on who tore it up Colt Brennan would have been a 1st round pick. You realize my initial post stated Allen has had 1 elite season in the last 5 years. Regardless of what EPBro thinks 1800 yards and 16 TD's and under 60% comp % is not an elite season in college football in a weak conference.

He wasn't even named 1st team All-Conference in a weak conference like the MWC. I get it you think he's great but that doesn't mean he put up elite numbers which again is all I'm saying. Am I saying he was a bad QB in college? No, I'm just saying the man has had 1 elite season in the last 5 years.. If watching film was all it took then this fan base wouldn't be so divisive when it comes to our own QB. But you want to argue because you watched film which you haven't brought up at all to prove anything other than to say "I watched film, he tore it up" real sharp analysis through and through.

Back
Top Bottom