3 Plays- correctable issues, would have changed the dialogue about Tua today | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 Plays- correctable issues, would have changed the dialogue about Tua today

They disagreed with me as far as what? Are you implying that they drafted him because they thought he "tore it up"? Maybe they drafted him based on his potential and not his production, I think I read somewhere that GM's do that sometimes. Maybe they drafted him based on his elite measurables and arm talent. If GM's drafted based on who tore it up Colt Brennan would have been a 1st round pick. You realize my initial post stated Allen has had 1 elite season in the last 5 years. Regardless of what EPBro thinks 1800 yards and 16 TD's and under 60% comp % is not an elite season in college football in a weak conference.

He wasn't even named 1st team All-Conference in a weak conference like the MWC. I get it you think he's great but that doesn't mean he put up elite numbers which again is all I'm saying. Am I saying he was a bad QB in college? No, I'm just saying the man has had 1 elite season in the last 5 years.. If watching film was all it took then this fan base wouldn't be so divisive when it comes to our own QB. But you want to argue because you watched film which you haven't brought up at all to prove anything other than to say "I watched film, he tore it up" real sharp analysis through and through.
I think Noah Igbo would be a good example

You're right but I'd be hard-pressed to find a stat line of 1812 yards and 16 TDs and declare someone tore it up. The context would have to be incredible.
Every game ends in the QB throwing a 99 yard Hail Mary to win the game, after stiff arming every DL down to let the WRs run 99 yards.

Forgive me for not having an optimistic outlook. I have been cheering him on for all the successful plays he has been a part of in a fins uniform, but I can't help the gut feeling I have on him. I will get no pleasure if he doesn't live up to expectations and lead this team to deep playoff runs. I root for the TEAM.

13-3 is team success as is making it to the Championship success. Well if we're using your extremely specific criteria of 4500 yards 37 TD/10 int then not many if that's YOUR standard.

If we're using a more general standard yeah Scott Mitchell, Mark Rypien, RG3, Cam Newton, Derek Anderson, Nick Foles, Don Majkowski, Steve Beuerlein, Elvis Grbac.
There is a stat that follows successful qbs. The 4k 25 td season.

There is a stat that follows successful qbs. The 4k 25 td season.
Define successful, please because I don't think even Vikings fans would say Kirk Cousins has been a successful QB for them.

Kirk Cousins has 5 seasons of 4k/25 TD
Matthew Stafford has 5
Jameis Winston has 2
Blake Bortles 1
Jay Cutler 1
Andy Dalton 1
Jared Goff 1
Tannehill 1 in 2014
Derek Carr 1

They disagreed with me as far as what? Are you implying that they drafted him because they thought he "tore it up"? Maybe they drafted him based on his potential and not his production, I think I read somewhere that GM's do that sometimes. Maybe they drafted him based on his elite measurables and arm talent. If GM's drafted based on who tore it up Colt Brennan would have been a 1st round pick. You realize my initial post stated Allen has had 1 elite season in the last 5 years. Regardless of what EPBro thinks 1800 yards and 16 TD's and under 60% comp % is not an elite season in college football in a weak conference.

He wasn't even named 1st team All-Conference in a weak conference like the MWC. I get it you think he's great but that doesn't mean he put up elite numbers which again is all I'm saying. Am I saying he was a bad QB in college? No, I'm just saying the man has had 1 elite season in the last 5 years.. If watching film was all it took then this fan base wouldn't be so divisive when it comes to our own QB. But you want to argue because you watched film which you haven't brought up at all to prove anything other than to say "I watched film, he tore it up" real sharp analysis through and through.
Not even going to read it.

Mr " I don't watch the film but my opinion is more valid than reality" .

What happen to the good ol days when ppl just admitted when they were dead wrong?

Being wrong and uninformed at the same time is a real bad look.

Being wrong and uninformed and then "right fighting".....

Now that will send me to bed...

Not even going to read it.

Mr " I don't watch the film but my opinion is more valid than reality" .

What happen to the good ol days when ppl just admitted when they were dead wrong?

Being wrong and uninformed at the same time is a real bad look.

Being wrong and uninformed and then "right fighting".....

Now that will send me to bed...
Another riveting analysis of Josh Allen's college play. Thank you Mr. I watched film, Allen tore it up. You could write a book with the amount of detail you provided. You've said nothing other than I watched film and think that alone disproves anything? Ok bro whatever you say you guru you.

Last edited:
I won’t pass judgement on Tua till at least the end of next season (assuming he’s still here). What I won’t do is wait 7 years hoping he turns a corner like we did for Tannehill. And I wouldn’t expect Flores too either given his history is having no shame cutting guys loose or moving on that aren’t meeting expectations.

And if my aunt had a dick she’d be my uncle.
For a guy with the handle of “EasyRider” you sure are a miserable prick…. I feel sorry for you man, this is your team, winning a difficult road opener against two of the better OL and DL in the league and you still have to pi$$ and moan about sh1t, instead of enjoying the positive man….

Kid had 16 TD's and 6 Ints his last year at Wyoming. That's tearing it up? You might wanna raise the bar Feb. And I should be married to Rihanna but we don't live in a world of should have and could have and would have. Accept what is.
You and Rihanna would make beautiful babies.

Tua has to clean up throwing across his body late. In college you can get away with it because his athletes were so superior to the competition, but in the NFL all players are fast and you'll get burned more often than not. Tua led us to victory but was fortunate to survive the late pick. That could have been a disaster. We should all be grateful that we're not 0-1.

For a guy with the handle of “EasyRider” you sure are a miserable prick…. I feel sorry for you man, this is your team, winning a difficult road opener against two of the better OL and DL in the league and you still have to pi$$ and moan about sh1t, instead of enjoying the positive man….
If you don’t like my posts, put me on ignore you DUMMY. Its that simple. And the post you are responding to with your “miserable prick” comment is a sarcastic joke that obviously went over your head.

“IF”” I picked the right numbers, I’d be a
rich MOFO……….

Back
Top Bottom