3 Yards Per Carry Podcast | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 Yards Per Carry Podcast

They are ruining Tua before he even has a chance to develop. That was my biggest fear, tbf, along with his durability. It's one of the reasons I'd only want to replace him with an established QB. We cannot develop for ****.
i think this is gonna be a crutch we here about for years, how we ruined Tua. We certainly did him no favors and one can even say mishandled him. However, he either has it or he doesn't. Im leaning towards the latter.

Wow, if you haven't listened I suggest you do. Take it with a grain of salt but the Reader's Digest version is:

Oline was worse than presented in TB, says Eich/Jackson had MULTIPLE holds that wasn't called, A Jackson was awful and and seemed mentally out there standing around just standing around while JB was running for his life (at game analysis and backed up by watching game film)

Huge issues with B Flores, not well liked, hard af on players and coaches with no success and reason why constant coaching turnover is happening

Says Tua likely to get constant pressure because oline hasn't evolved...TB did whatever they wanted and wasn't crazy with stunts and off gap pressures. Says when we go back to RPO the guys are guaranteed to be downfield. Says Manx was awful.

Tua has got to be angry with offense and constant coord changes included play calling be thrown around several times this year so far not to mention Flo's potential dislike of him

I don't want to paraphrase too much so take a listen and for guys with hardcore fb knowledge please watch film and comment.
I saw a similar breakdown from a youtube guy AcePerHead, showing very clearly how much AJ in particular holds play after play...

Another point that 3ypc made that l liked...by moving AJ inside you've basically made the interior weaker than the outside, which is actually worse for Tua....outside pressure, if you sense it, you can often escape but with middle pressure you have to deal with contact. Brissett can shake off contact but Tua cannot, could spell disaster.

AcePerHead also paints a similar story of dysfunction behind the scenes, although admittedly mostly by connecting dots. He points out Chan Gailey's sudden departure as suspicious, esp after Flores publicly expected him back -- he thinks Grier forced Tua to be inserted (gotta be either Grier or Ross), thereby neutering Gailey: Gailey never wanted Tua to play that year, and Flores from his quotes sounded like that too. Biggest question is why were our OC choices so limited when we had a promising defense, coach of the year candidate, so much draft capital and $$$ to spend? It's gotta be some combination of Flores, Ross, and Grier that are putting people off

i think this is gonna be a crutch we here about for years, how we ruined Tua. We certainly did him no favors and one can even say mishandled him. However, he either has it or he doesn't. Im leaning towards the latter.
I'm not sure we'll know what he has with this crew. His record shows he has something but as some have mentioned I don't know if DW could flourish here. Flowers would be nice to have right about now

I saw a similar breakdown from a youtube guy AcePerHead, showing very clearly how much AJ in particular holds play after play...

Another point that 3ypc made that l liked...by moving AJ inside you've basically made the interior weaker than the outside, which is actually worse for Tua....Brissett can shake off contact but Tua cannot, could spell disaster.

AcePerHead also paints a similar story of dysfunction behind the scenes, although admittedly mostly by connecting dots. He points out Chan Gailey's sudden departure as suspicious, esp after Flores publicly expected him back -- he thinks Grier forced Tua to be inserted (gotta be either Grier or Ross), thereby neutering Gailey: Gailey never wanted Tua to play that year, and Flores from his quotes sounded like that too. Biggest question is why were our OC choices so limited when we had a promising defense, coach of the year candidate, so much draft capital and $$$ to spend?
good insight

That's what they saw and the most unusual thing was his lack of effort. They said they seriously thought something was mentally wrong with him as he was standing still while the play was still going on around him...true? I have to watch again
hahah i didn't notice that. This was the first game in years that i walked away from early. I think because he is at Guard his mistakes get masked a lot more , being as that he has another lineman on each side of him. When he was at tackle and getting smoked it was a lot easier to see. I have seen several plays in his almost two years , where he would get beat and then start walking. So i am confident the effort is not there or maybe there really is something mentally wrong with him

I'm not sure we'll know what he has with this crew. His record shows he has something but as some have mentioned I don't know if DW could flourish here
only reason that i dont see DW as a lock to flourish here is because of the overall cancer that is running through our organization

hahah i didn't notice that. This was the first game in years that i walked away from early. I think because he is at Guard his mistakes get masked a lot more , being as that he has another lineman on each side of him. When he was at tackle and getting smoked it was a lot easier to see. I have seen several plays in his almost two years , where he would get beat and then start walking. So i am confident the effort is not there or maybe there really is something mentally wrong with him
Damn, if flo wants to be like Beli or as some say Parcells he damn well pull that loafing pos

When I concentrated on Jackson during the game, I saw him get walked back into the QB a couple times. It's as if this guy has no functional strength.

I think Eich will get better as he gets more snaps at LT.

Alf and Simon will personally attack you if you disagree with them but Simons last rant was epic. I forgive him.
That rant was epic and therapeutic. I think it was actually overstated, particularly on the blame of draft history. This has been covered in multiple threads but I'm pretty sure if you look at the last 3 years (Grier with total control) you'll find that Grier has been in the average range as a draft picker. But if you admit that, then you have to say, if you are only average at spotting talent how the h*** will you ever compete against elite teams? You need to get lucky at qb, hc and oc in particular, and all at the same time. Any craps player will tell you that's not a winning formula

Following this team has made me mentally healthier in one respect...at this point I would be pretty content with just a yearly playoff contender that is fun to watch, that plays good football, that can generate some real excitement on the field. And for that the bar is actually much lower thankfully.

I was too, I actually thought the line looked somewhat better but they saw it quite different. I was interested in all the holds that they saw and felt another crew might not be so lenient.
The line definitely looked better (any time Jackson isn't at LT, that's an improvement). I think Kindley played better at LG, especially on passing downs, than Jackson did vs Tampa. I'd like to see Kindley at LG next week next to Eich.

You have to wonder how much of AJ playing is a direct order from Grier to not admit defeat. Pretty sure there is no way Jones looked that bad when he was in at LG.

Last edited:
Alf and Simon will personally attack you if you disagree with them but Simons last rant was epic. I forgive him.

Yeah disagreement is not something they have any time for. I remember after Alf posted something about Miami's scouting department needing to let Tua make the decision on Waddle or Smith, I suggested maybe they should listen to Tua but they should be fired if they let any player make the decision on who they draft. After I made that remark he went ballistic on my arse.

Clancy is always right like, he doesn't take too kindly to any kind of criticism, you just can't reason with him if you have a different opinion.

Back
Top Bottom