-3 Yards Rushing??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

-3 Yards Rushing???

KingCrowder

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
The Game was not televised around here and since i don't have Direct TV i did not see the game. But i see in the box score Miami finished with -3 yards rushing as a team. Is that for real? also for those of you who seen the game what the **** happened.

I didn't see the game either, but from keeping an eye on gamecenter it seemed like Ronnie was getting hit in the backfield all day long; is that accurate? Ronnie normally turns negative yards into no gainers so those stats lead me to believe he was under intense pressure.

Minnesota is just killer on Run D, but they have plenty of holes in there pass D. JOey did a commendable job in the first half, I like the way Mike Mularky started off the game trying to loosen up that D . . . but after the Joey fumble on the 1 yard line (bad handoff to Ronnie) its like our whole identity for the game was tarnished. It was looking glim when Minny was up 13 - 10 and then the D just took the game over and scored twice. The Miami offense as a whole was just pathetic in the 2nd half. Defense to the rescue like it has been the last 3 weeks.

What happened was we couldn't get any push on the o-line, and Minnesota's run d was flat out awesome. I think we really missed James today. Our bread and butter running play usually goes around LG. But it might not have even mattered today. Minnesota was that good.

He had no where to run and when he did get the ball there were no holes or a lineman would be right there in his face. The Vikes run D is absolutly dominating.

No blocking. As soon as Ronnie would touch the ball there was like 2 or 3 Vikings already hanging on to him. They couldn't run the ball because they couldn't slow down the best rushing defense in the league.

KingCrowder said:
The Game was not televised around here and since i don't have Direct TV i did not see the game. But i see in the box score Miami finished with -3 yards rushing as a team. Is that for real? also for those of you who seen the game what the **** happened.

Minny, has a VERY stout run defense. We didn't push the issue much because Ronnie has a pulled groin muscle. I'm certain the coaching staff didn't want to chance straining RBs injury anymore than they did.

RnR_Express3423 said:
Flat out couldn't run the ball at all. Plain and simple lol

Exactly.....I expected a little more than -3 yards.....but I give the Vikes credit for there run defense

NJPHIN34 said:
I didn't see the game either, but from keeping an eye on gamecenter it seemed like Ronnie was getting hit in the backfield all day long; is that accurate? Ronnie normally turns negative yards into no gainers so those stats lead me to believe he was under intense pressure.

We didn't give him that many carries today- the plan was to spread 'em out, as most of the time we were going with 4 reciever sets. It became pretty obvious very early in the game this is what we were gonna have to do to be successful on offense. But yes, when Ronnie did get the ball, he went nowhere.

We couldn't get any push today, they got to ronnie in the backfield almost everytime. When there were some holes, ronnie didn't seem to have his usual burst. I think his groin was slowin him a bit. Not a good day to be a step slow.

That said, they still respected us enough to try and stuff the box most the time which opened up the passing game.

They decided to take the run away and make joey beat them. They did that, but he did just enough to win. (thanks to the defense)

negative rushing yards and a win baby. as football critic that sucks. as a fan, thats awesome. wooo.

Great game RONNIE BROWN...

To the Ronnie Brown lovers, this is why we who don't support the #2 pick being Ronnie Brown have a voice. Probably the most inconsistent player other than Chambers on the team. Yeah he'll probably reach 1,000 yards, but it only takes 62.5 yards a game to do that. Big deal. I'm not going to openly bash him, because it's obvious that he's a guy that has his head on straight and is at least, if nothing else, a decent person and a good teammate, BUT he needs to live up to all of this crazy hype and to being the #2 pick. The guy we SHOULD'VE picked (Braylon Edwards) put up another big game. I know, as usual, I'll take heat for this, but I am a realist and a not a homer. We won the game, but he had nothing to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom