-3 Yards Rushing??? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

-3 Yards Rushing???

what an annoying D. they kept showing the coordinator like he was some genius...but they just commit to the run 100%. It was pathetic. Harrington should've had 500 yds. And its not like they are lacking talent in the secondary. They have good players back there...they are just commtied to run defense and get no help. they may have pride about having the #1 run defense, but they're not going anywhere with that scheme.

unifiedtheory said:
Larry Johnson also got 31 carries and was playing against the 26th ranked run defense in football.

Ronnie was playing against the #1 run defense in football and got 12 carries.

31 carries against a team giving up 128.2 yards per game is a more likely road to sucess then 12 carries against a team giving up 66.6 yards per game against the run. I'm sorry for bringing fact to the conversation. In FACT I'm beginning to wonder why I am bothering to argue with you or any other "Ronnie is a bust" fan boy on this web site.

Am I saying Ronnie was stellar today? Not in a million years but I'm also going with what I saw (and not watching the game from a "Ronnie ie s bust" point of view). The O-line was getting no push what so ever and he did not get a lot of touches because we threw the ball 42 times, something teams are regularly doing against the Vikings latley because their run defense is so

Who ever things ronnie is a bust is a j@ck a@@ he is a perfect number 2 back now ,if you want to argue if he is worth # 2 pick no he is not,,,,we need one or with time he will turn into one...

TotoreMexico said:
Dude, don't waste your time with this Brown, Chambers, Pepper, McMichael, Roth, Allen hater.

I'm having a bit of fun actually.

I love argueing with people who have ZERO patience with young players. It drills their screen names into my head for future reference.

Our youngsters are starting to come on now. I go with the "you can not judge a draft pick until year 3 or 4" theory.

I'm not a guy who screams bloody murder if a player is not playing Pro Bowl level football in his 6th game. You never know how a player will turn out until he's played AT LEAST 3 seasons.

finserg said:
Who ever things ronnie is a bust is a j@ck a@@ he is a perfect number 2 back now ,if you want to argue if he is worth # 2 pick no he is not,,,,we need one or with time he will turn into one...
I totally think he was worth the #2 pick in the draft. Look at the situation we were in:

It was a thin draft at the top. There were 3-4 players that people talked about at the 2 hole (Edwards, Williams, Benson and Brown). Anyone who says ANY OTHER NAMES (Merriman being one of them) is living in a revisionist history fantasy world. We could not get any value trading down. We had NOTHING at running back. The BPA's available in that draft at #2 were Edwards or Ronnie. We took the runner because it was a bigger need.

I'd still make that pick today, tomorrow and next week.

unifiedtheory said:
I totally think he was worth the #2 pick in the draft. Look at the situation we were in:

It was a thin draft at the top. There were 3-4 players that people talked about at the 2 hole (Edwards, Williams, Benson and Brown). Anyone who says ANY OTHER NAMES (Merriman being one of them) is living in a revisionist history fantasy world. We could not get any value trading down. We had NOTHING at running back. The BPA's available in that draft at #2 were Edwards or Ronnie. We took the runner because it was a bigger need.

Yes. When Saban couldn't trade down, I thought it was a no-brainer.

Dmancari23 said:
Just so you know, Larry Johnson played with a "moderately sprained ankle" today and he went for 150 plus... Let's stop making excuses and call this what it is. It was his worst perfomance as a pro and everyone here makes excuses. This offensive line is much better than it's given credit for. Ronnie just is about as inconsistent of a player as they come, well then there's Chris Chambers also.

Yes this was his worst performance as a pro....I don't think anyone is arguing that. But to use this game as a catalyst to start ranting about your "Ronnie is a bust" theory is a bit tacky. There were plenty of circumstances in this game that limited his performance. Give Larry Johnson 12 touches in this same game today (9 of them with guys in the backfield before he even touches the ball) and see if he goes for 150 plus. Horrible comparison Dmancari.....but then again, you have your "Ronnie is a bust" glasses on.

unifiedtheory said:

Well put , but i think we could of traded for a veteran rb or traded for more picks.

What happened was what happens every game for Minnesota. They sell out to stop the run then hope and pray in the passing game. They stack the line of scrimmage with eight players, sometimes nine then blitz. They run blitz, they pass blitz, they continually pound the line of scrimmage and force you to make them pay with the passing game. Problem for Miami was that they are not so adept yet to handle the blitz and needed to get the ball out in a hurry. That means not a lot of deep routes because deep routes take time to develop. Soooooo... eventually Minny's defensive backs started jumping the short routes and the success the Dolphins had earlier dissipated.

KingCrowder said:
The Game was not televised around here and since i don't have Direct TV i did not see the game. But i see in the box score Miami finished with -3 yards rushing as a team. Is that for real? also for those of you who seen the game what the **** happened.

Your posts are thoughtless and combative and after this, I, and hopefully others, will ignore you entirely.

Dmancari23 said:
I've been here, I haven't dissapeared.... I also don't recall when Ronnie has "dominated" anything. He had a good game against Chicago and what else has he done this year?

Dmancari23 said:
To the Ronnie Brown lovers, this is why we who don't support the #2 pick being Ronnie Brown have a voice. Probably the most inconsistent player other than Chambers on the team. Yeah he'll probably reach 1,000 yards, but it only takes 62.5 yards a game to do that. Big deal. I'm not going to openly bash him, because it's obvious that he's a guy that has his head on straight and is at least, if nothing else, a decent person and a good teammate, BUT he needs to live up to all of this crazy hype and to being the #2 pick. The guy we SHOULD'VE picked (Braylon Edwards) put up another big game. I know, as usual, I'll take heat for this, but I am a realist and a not a homer. We won the game, but he had nothing to do with it.

[mod] Personal attacks not permitted [/mod]

finserg said:
Well put , but i think we could of traded for a veteran rb or traded for more picks.

Ideally Saban could have swindled some team out of picks, moved down a half dozen spots and still gotten a quality player with that pick.

You need a trade partner though, they just don't appear out of no where.

Back
Top Bottom