-3 Yards Rushing??? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

-3 Yards Rushing???

phishfan4life said:
Yes this was his worst performance as a pro....I don't think anyone is arguing that. But to use this game as a catalyst to start ranting about your "Ronnie is a bust" theory is a bit tacky. There were plenty of circumstances in this game that limited his performance. Give Larry Johnson 12 touches in this same game today (9 of them with guys in the backfield before he even touches the ball) and see if he goes for 150 plus. Horrible comparison Dmancari.....but then again, you have your "Ronnie is a bust" glasses on.
Let me just point out, I have NEVER said Ronnie was a bust. I have only stated that the guy isn't living up to 1.) his contract 2.) his draft position, and 3.) the hype you guys put on him here. I've never seen a more mediocre player called great on so many repeated occassions in my life. That's all he has been in 1 1/2 seasons thus far. Mediocre. I too, believe that it is still far to early to call the guy a bust, which is why I haven't, but to say the guy has lived up to expectations and that draft position, is just absolutely ludacris. I hope he does pan out, but right now he's one injury away from being Ki-Jana Carter. So go back and look at my posts and you will see that I haven't come out and called him a bust. He's a dissapointment, but that's as far as I'm going with it at this point. I for one am very impressed with the kind of person he is off the field though. He's exactly the kind of player I would like on the team as opposed to the Randy McMichael's, Daunte Culpepper's, Marcus Vick's and Ricky William's of the world. He's definitely a standup guy so far. I just hope his play on the field catches up.

Dmancari23 said:
Joey didn't fumble that ball, Ronnie made 2 cuts before he laid it on the ground. That's 2 lost fumbles in the last two weeks.

What the hell are you talking about?

It was a straight hand off and it slipped out of Joey's hands before Ronnie got it...

Not only are you reaching now but you are making things up while you reach.

unifiedtheory said:
What the hell are you talking about?

It was a straight hand off and it slipped out of Joey's hands before Ronnie got it...

Not only are you reaching now but you are making things up while you reach.
Well, since you speak of FACT, go to the espn website and the lost fumble is credited to Ronnie Brown and NOT Joey Harrington. I watched the game, I saw it... Even the commentators said "he just laid the ball on the ground, no one really hit him". Here's the link for you http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7178

I love how the first 7 games we hear about how Ronnie is a bust, and how we should have never got him, and then he tears up the Bears and does very well against Kc, and everyone is saying that he was the perfect pick., and then he does bad against the #1 rush defense, and people are calling him a bust again. :rolleyes: People these days.

Like I said, I've never called him a bust. He's been a big dissapointment so far, but I think it's a year or two too early for bust talk.

Dmancari23 said:
Well, since you speak of FACT, go to the espn website and the lost fumble is credited to Ronnie Brown and NOT Joey Harrington. I watched the game, I saw it... Even the commentators said "he just laid the ball on the ground, no one really hit him". Here's the link for you http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7178

You did not watch the game if you can tell me that fumble was Ronnie Brown's fault. Joey did NOT stick it in his ribs, it was slipping out of his hands as he was ATTEMPTING to hand the ball of to Ronnie. I don't care what your stats say or what your ESPN link says, stats lie on a regular basis, I saw the play.

unifiedtheory said:
You did not watch the game if you can tell me that fumble was Ronnie Brown's fault. Joey did NOT stick it in his ribs, it was slipping out of his hands as he was ATTEMPTING to hand the ball of to Ronnie. I don't care what your stats say or what your ESPN link says, stats lie on a regular basis, I saw the play.

No reason in arguing with this guy.

Lets say he did fumble the ball.... who cares, dosen't prove anything about Brown anyway. Fumbles happen. Brown has been a productive runner with a makeshift line this year.

His argument is pointless even if he did fumble the ball.
Having said that, it was a mix up on the hand off and at WORSE it's only shared blame to Brown so his argument is really worthless.

Dmancari23 said:
Like I said, I've never called him a bust. He's been a big dissapointment so far, but I think it's a year or two too early for bust talk.

There have been so many dissapointments on this team it's hard to narrow down where the biggest weaknesses lie.

My money is that Brown is one of our teams strong points.

Trekbiz said:
There have been so many dissapointments on this team it's hard to narrow down where the biggest weaknesses lie.

My money is that Brown is one of our teams strong points.

My problem is: why the heck doesn't MIA run Ronnie behind a FB???

I saw the game a second time on record and noticed that the OLine actually opened up a few holes...which Ronnie actually ran the opposite side and right into Carey...but on a few other times MIA ran him up the middle where there was an open hole but a LB came and hit him very quickly which a FB would've been able to block him and Ronnie would've gotten a few more yards.

this has annoyed me very much. who is behind this playcalling??? Is it Mularkey or Saban?

Also I saw Chambers miss some key blocks where Ronnie got passed the linebacker blitzes and got tackled by Chambers' CB.

Dmancari23 said:

Joey said HE let it fall out of his hand before Ronnie got the ball.... got that hater...JOEY

Joey even said the fumble was his fault, not Ronnie's..

WTF did Ronnie do to you dmancari? Spit in your frosted flakes? Damn.. Ive never seen someone have such a vendetta for a good player..

cnc66 said:
Joey said HE let it fall out of his hand before Ronnie got the ball.... got that hater...JOEY
Of course Joey would say that, he's a classy guy... Every QB takes responsibility for things like that. Being the supposed leader of the team, that's what they're SUPPOSED to do. It's funny, everyone here says it was Joey's fault, but the stats don't lie. Ronnie has 2 lost fumbles in his last 2 games. Call me a hater, call me whatever, I guess ESPN and the NFL statisticians are just trying to keep Ronnie Brown down.

Dmancari23 said:
Of course Joey would say that, he's a classy guy... Every QB takes responsibility for things like that. Being the supposed leader of the team, that's what they're SUPPOSED to do. It's funny, everyone here says it was Joey's fault, but the stats don't lie. Ronnie has 2 lost fumbles in his last 2 games. Call me a hater, call me whatever, I guess ESPN and the NFL statisticians are just trying to keep Ronnie Brown down.
Like France...:french:

Dmancari23 said:

Well...hell..you're a hater! You and maybe five other people, standing out there on a pedestal, shoutin it from the roof top. Hatin Ronnie Brown because he was drated #2. What a man! Feel better? Of course, it's just your opinion, and like all opinions and azzholes, they both STINK. Only difference is, you have been spreading yours around way to much. So much so, it's begining to smell like a sack of azzholes. We heard you the first time.

it looked a lot like the Pitt. game where we had like 20 carries for 35 yards or something...

this tiem we kinda abandoned the run even earlier though... and the spread offense was working well with short passes.

Back
Top Bottom