3 years...SUPERBOWL. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 years...SUPERBOWL.

16phinsrfast

Art Damage
Reaction score
First off, I haven't been on this board in a really long time, and it pains me to say its taken a turn for the worse as far as knowledgeable fans are concerned. It is however refreshing to see the same guys post great threads with good information on this team now and where its headed. Next, I really believe that Ryan Tannehill will be the face of Miami for a long time. Why cant Miami finally have good fortune after being **** on for so many years. ITS OUR TIME. Its an odd feeling i'm sure for all Miami fans, because we haven't felt this good for a dam long time even after a loss. We also felt that if Marino was behind center you will never count out the Miami Dolphins and Tannehill is giving me that vibe as well as many other fans. Granted its only his 4th game, but what he displayed last sunday was night and day. The LIGHT IS ON and just like a dark room it can change instantaneously with the flick of a switch. He can ONLY GO UP. Look at his performance against HOU then remember last Sunday. He needs playmakers. period.

You mention knowledgeable fans but then you post a thread titled "3 years.... Superbowl"

lol

:facepalm:

I think you read the first sentence and immediately read thread title for an immediate response instead of reading the entire thread.

We're not even close to a super bowl...we're not even a playoff team right now. It takes time to build a team, draft good players and develop those players. If you want to open the window and keep it open for more than two or three years you have to build a team through the draft, not through free agency. Not that we could afford to go out and sign a bunch of free agents anyway. A super bowl team as playmakers on both sides of the ball (more than one on each side too) and most importantly they have depth on every unit...we lack a lot of depth even on our best units. We have one TE, 2 WRs (maybe 3 now with Gaffney but I'm not counting him until I see him play with this team), we have 5 starting O-lineman and nothing behind them, we have 1 RB, a promising rookie RB who's still learning and another RB that's not very good, we have one good CB, one good Safety, 4 good DTs (the only unit we have with depth), one really good DE, one good LB and two decent linebackers and nothing behind them.

This isn't just about getting some good starters...which we need in a number of areas...but we need depth because if any of our starters get hurt for an extended period of time right now we're screwed.

We're not even close to a super bowl...we're not even a playoff team right now. It takes time to build a team, draft good players and develop those players. If you want to open the window and keep it open for more than two or three years you have to build a team through the draft, not through free agency. Not that we could afford to go out and sign a bunch of free agents anyway. A super bowl team as playmakers on both sides of the ball (more than one on each side too) and most importantly they have depth on every unit...we lack a lot of depth even on our best units. We have one TE, 2 WRs (maybe 3 now with Gaffney but I'm not counting him until I see him play with this team), we have 5 starting O-lineman and nothing behind them, we have 1 RB, a promising rookie RB who's still learning and another RB that's not very good, we have one good CB, one good Safety, 4 good DTs (the only unit we have with depth), one really good DE, one good LB and two decent linebackers and nothing behind them.

This isn't just about getting some good starters...which we need in a number of areas...but we need depth because if any of our starters get hurt for an extended period of time right now we're screwed.

look at week 1 to now. If this team continues to improve as it has a little bit each time, they're bound to figure out how to win. Philbin isn't a dummy. You can tell this team is so very close to playing like one. Now, my prediction is my opinion. If you share it then kudos, if not don't blast me with stats. Its my gut feeling.

We're making the playoffs next year...possibly this year.

Exactly. Just ask San Francisco.

Wait a minute....

(This team is closer than a lot of you think.)

Exactly. Just ask San Francisco.

Wait a minute....

(This team is closer than a lot of you think.)

This is EXACTLY IT! I live in San Fran and it sucks when I had to sit through that magical weekend and say " man I wish that was me...I want that feeling right there!" I think its our time. Not Superbowl this year but make no mistake from week one to four they are on the rise slowly and Tannehill is key.

Im a sketch artist and I was searching for references than I came across this puppy. I believe its a woman eating a newborn. It is haunting...

Can you change it to something like this, i am having a hard time digesting that photo.

pocahontas__indian_girl_by_gen_vanillad3-1.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's going to be a tough year for us fans. Not that we are going winless or that we will get blown out every week, but frustrating because we'll look great one week and make a ton of mistakes the next. We are improving. We are in every game and have a chance to win every game. In time, we'll fill the holes we have, learn to win the close games and eliminate the mistakes. Not making any predictions here, but we'll see marked improvement in the next 1-2 years.

Back
Top Bottom