.343 - This season was a mirage | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

.343 - This season was a mirage

The ultimate equalizer in sports........the point spread. Miami and Buffalo had the best ATS record in football at 11-5. Now I think its very possible we regress next year but it wasnt a mirage. Its a well coached footbal team that exceeded vegas' odds by a lot.

We were a very good team that finished 10-6 which was a major over achievement compared to what we expected going in. We were very flawed regarding depth on offense. We really had very little. Once Preston Williams went down the offense suffered. He's a 6'5" guy that is a downfield threat. We had no backup that could really step in for him and do the same things. With out PW, Parker gets doubled every play. Then when Parker was out we really had practice squad players.

I measure the season in entertainment value. The Dolphins were super fun to watch all year. They played hard, had some down to the wire victories and were responsible for a ton of thrilling football. We did great and I'm not that upset about missing the playoffs because we simply didn't have the offense to compete. We will in 21, bet on it!

We were a very good team that finished 10-6 which was a major over achievement compared to what we expected going in. We were very flawed regarding depth on offense. We really had very little. Once Preston Williams went down the offense suffered. He's a 6'5" guy that is a downfield threat. We had no backup that could really step in for him and do the same things. With out PW, Parker gets doubled every play. Then when Parker was out we really had practice squad players.

I measure the season in entertainment value. The Dolphins were super fun to watch all year. They played hard, had some down to the wire victories and were responsible for a ton of thrilling football. We did great and I'm not that upset about missing the playoffs because we simply didn't have the offense to compete. We will in 21, bet on it!

My man! This is the take I most identify with! Well said!

To be clear, I'm not calling us a fraud. A lot of us, me included, got super excited when this team went on a run, but in hindsight, I now realize, we were beating ****ty teams which inflated our ego

Who is “our?” You? Most people knew this team was overachieving.

Back
Top Bottom