.343 - This season was a mirage | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

.343 - This season was a mirage

To be clear, I'm not calling us a fraud. A lot of us, me included, got super excited when this team went on a run, but in hindsight, I now realize, we were beating ****ty teams which inflated our ego
To be clear? The title of your post called the season a "mirage". That's means not real or phony, like fraud. So, you're kind of are calling the Dolphins a fraud. Don't ever apologize for beating up bad teams. You think the Ravens are going to apologize for playing the Giants, Jags, and Bengals their last three games? You think Washington is complaining that Philly laid down? You think Clev is upset the Steelers rolled out their 2nd string? Your post is BS.

Lol "saw progress in almost every facet"
Tua regressed
Byron regressed
Ogbah regressed
Wide receivers were always terrible
Oline regressed
X was literally that good that he held this team. Without him, we wouldn't have a defensive identity and without that identity we'd be a 6 win team
Van Ginkel improved
R. Davis improved
Gesicki improved
Gaskins improved

What's your point?

Are we a regression candidate next year, absolutely. But we had 7 games decided by 1 score or less; we were 3-4 in those games. So it's not like all of our wins were by lucky bounces some weeks.

Beating up on bad teams makes you a good team by the way. We are not the Bears. The Bears had a +2 point differential we were +66. We were among the league leaders in double digit wins.

We didn't have the weapons to be a playoff team, but we were certainly not a "fraud".
Losing Preston Williams ...and Tua not syncing with Devante Parker really hurt.

We should have kept Drake!

Still...the NFC has a playoff team with a losing record.

Losing Preston Williams ...and Tua not syncing with Devante Parker really hurt.

We should have kept Drake!

Still...the NFC has a playoff team with a losing record.
Yeah, it was an unfortunate year. SEVEN playoff spots this year and we miss it at 10-6.

Hurts, but we would have been limping in.

Yeah, it was an unfortunate year. SEVEN playoff spots this year and we miss it at 10-6.

Hurts, but we would have been limping in.
A lot of people forget that following the Super Bowl run of the early 70’s....we had great teams in 75’ & 77’ that missed at 10-4 both years (14 game seasons).

In 77’, Griese was NFL player of the year and league leader in touchdown passes!

Baltimore: 0.401
Cleveland: 0.406
Tennessee: 0.398
Indianapolis: 0.384
Green Bay: 0.387
Chicago: 0.328
New Orleans: 0.406
Tampa Bay: 0.386
Seattle: 0.409

None of these teams had great strengths of victory either...
You need to be careful with the averages. For example, the AFC South teams both played Jacksonville twice. Even Miami had the NY Jets twice.

When I get time I may calculate using the median instead of the average to see if it changes much.

Van Ginkel improved
R. Davis improved
Gesicki improved
Gaskins improved

What's your point?

It seems to me Tua was relatively consistent and seemed to improve a bit in most games.

Are you sure your not complaining because he didn't meet your expectations?

It seems to me Tua was relatively consistent and seemed to improve a bit in most games.

His last 4 games of the year he had 4td and 5 int with an any/a of 4.25 (would be 34th in league) Sure seemed like he regressed quite a bit.

SB or bust for some of these **cough** fans

You're preaching to the choir. I was responding to an unhappy fan.

Well, I guess the 72’ Undefeated Dolphins were a sham. 2nd Easiest schedule that year at .357.

Stop popping that champaign, Mercury and Zonk. You guys have been fake news all this time.

To be clear? The title of your post called the season a "mirage". That's means not real or phony, like fraud. So, you're kind of are calling the Dolphins a fraud. Don't ever apologize for beating up bad teams. You think the Ravens are going to apologize for playing the Giants, Jags, and Bengals their last three games? You think Washington is complaining that Philly laid down? You think Clev is upset the Steelers rolled out their 2nd string? Your post is BS.
Lol come on dude, the Ravens would destroy us. Stop it. We are basically the Redskins.

Well, I guess the 72’ Undefeated Dolphins were a sham. 2nd Easiest schedule that year at .357.

Stop popping that champaign, Mercury and Zonk. You guys have been fake news all this time.
That's dumb. They WON EVERY GAME. smh

Back
Top Bottom