39 years ago | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

39 years ago

I was home on leave that day and watched the game with my grand pappy 3 days later I was on a plane to Kanehoe Bay Hawai'i

That was such a bizarre season with only nine regular season games played. I'm 54 and was a Junior in high school then. Duhe had the game of his life that day. The SB loss was a killer. We had them.....and then Woodley went 0-7 in the second half. That loss still hurts!

I remember back about the time when we drafted Duhe and Baumhower, at a training in NJ, when a friend I'd made told me "Shula is building a defense!" At that time I had no clue how good both players would be. I guess even in those days it was an SEC thing!

Duhe = LSU
Baumhower = Alabama

As others say -------- really doesn't seem that long ago.

>>> No matter what, Mister "Pure Class" Don Shula was such a HUGE MAN!

Was it next season we drafted Marino? And wow what a trip that was!

Obviously those incredible times, and of course going way back -- 72 73. Those teams, now just memories, energize so many who still participate on this forum!

All our different lives, backgrounds and histories, but a sizable group of us are UNIFIED by those experiences!

Kinda cool in such a disposable wOrld!

I have that game on tape somewhere. Taped all those playoff games in 1982. Had them on my YouTube channel years ago until the channel itself got zapped due to copyright complaints from the NFL and IOC.

I can still hear Dick Enberg's call, "A.J Duhe...what a day for Duhe!"

When I saw the header I thought for sure it referred to the overtime loss to the Chargers. I believe we are a few days beyond the 39th anniversary of that game. This Jets game was 1982 season so closer to 38 years

Yikes my age is getting scary.

Remember all these great wins and unfortunately the depressing loses.

When I saw the header I thought for sure it referred to the overtime loss to the Chargers. I believe we are a few days beyond the 39th anniversary of that game. This Jets game was 1982 season so closer to 38 years
Yep your right only 38 years ago . That makes me feel younger now and I'm 59 going on 60

Thanks for posting I love all of the comments and age comparisons. Good lord that game will forever be one my Mount Rushmore. Field was in excellent condition too!

i agree if Baumhower intercepts (and gerald small doesn’t get run over) we win that superbowl

This is the exact the day I became a Miami Dolphins fan at age 12. 39+ years ago. My Dad took me to Super Bowl XVII at Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
My earthly dream is to be at at least one phins Super Bowl win. I have been fortunate to be at 7 superbowls. The smiles and joy on the dads faces when they are with their kids is immeasurable.

I have 3 sons, couldn’t imagine being able to go to a phins Super Bowl with them. What a treasured memory you must have Pasquale!!

Back
Top Bottom