3Ps Totally off topic Heat/Pistons thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3Ps Totally off topic Heat/Pistons thread

Pistons in 7. That's my pick. Shaq's not at 100% and isn't likely to be against a team that plays as rough and tumble as Detroit.

What he meant to say was that Miami would loose in 5.

:yes:

Is it me or did Larry Brown basically recycle the wickedly effective game plan from last year's finals? I only watched the second half (season finale of 24 took precedence), but it seemed like he just put Ben Wallace on Shaq and told him to do the best he could, while pulling out all the stops to contain Dwyane Wade.

phunwin said:
How's that looking, now, bro? :)

This is the time that separates the true fan from the dilettante.

Miami in 5. That's FIVE.

Wanna up the bet?

:tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
No way Detroit keeps up this strategy they used Monday without Miami making adjustments.

And I'll bet Rasheed doesn't make 5 three-pointers next game either. Puh-leese.

And no way Wade goes 7-for-25 again the rest of the series.

You know... I heard the same things last year during the Pistons Lakers matchups.

No way Detroit shuts down Kobe.... no way they can handle Shaq.

Puhlease! The Heat have to beat the Pistons... not the other way around.

NaboCane said:
This is the time that separates the true fan from the dilettante.

Miami in 5. That's FIVE.

Wanna up the bet?

:tongue:

You have more guts than brains, my friend. What's the additional bet?

NaboCane said:
No way Detroit keeps up this strategy they used Monday without Miami making adjustments.

And I'll bet Rasheed doesn't make 5 three-pointers next game either. Puh-leese.

And no way Wade goes 7-for-25 again the rest of the series.

What adjustments will Miami make? Detroit's approach attacked Miami's fundamental game plan, not some kind of fluke. Shaq's not going to get any healthier. The Pistons basically put Prince on Wade and let him play smothering defense, and give some help now and again.

If Sheed gets open as much as he did, he certainly will. And he can get that shot if he wants it; not only Udonis Haslem is too slow to guard Sheed in the open floor, but the Heat need the help on the boards, else the Pistons will climb all over the glass. Shaq can't be a one-man rebounding crew anymore.

In any event, the prospect of Sheed hitting 5 3s again is probably greater than the chances of Eddie Jones scoring 22 points again.

But I agree with your assessment about Wade. No way he'll shoot 7 for 25 again....I mean, he could easily go, say, 8 for 24. :lol:

phunwin said:
What adjustments will Miami make? Detroit's approach attacked Miami's fundamental game plan, not some kind of fluke. Shaq's not going to get any healthier. The Pistons basically put Prince on Wade and let him play smothering defense, and give some help now and again.

If Sheed gets open as much as he did, he certainly will. And he can get that shot if he wants it; not only Udonis Haslem is too slow to guard Sheed in the open floor, but the Heat need the help on the boards, else the Pistons will climb all over the glass. Shaq can't be a one-man rebounding crew anymore.

In any event, the prospect of Sheed hitting 5 3s again is probably greater than the chances of Eddie Jones scoring 22 points again.

But I agree with your assessment about Wade. No way he'll shoot 7 for 25 again....I mean, he could easily go, say, 8 for 24. :lol:

No disrespect intended, but Sheed is a 33% shooter on 3's. He was unconscious last night.

Van Gundy will set more picks for Wade and practice the extra pass to open up other shooters.

Eddie Jones - as much as he's maligned - has led the heat in scoring the last three years. He's capable of putting up 20-30 points on any given night as the third option.

Van Gundy needs to play the combination of Shaq-Zo together more, or get Doleac in the mix more or yes, the Heat will get outrebounded again. But don't you think he'll make that adjustment.

Face it, last night WAS a fluke; if either Sheed doesn't get those 3's, or Wade gets just a few more points, Mimai wins. Not BOTH factors, mind you - just one of those, and miami wins.

And do you really think Detroit is going to continue shooting as well as they did last night? They had everything falling for them last night.

No - they'll revert to form, they have no bench, and the heat's talent will win out. Maybe not in 5, but I wouldn't discount it.

NaboCane said:
:lol: Go ahead...just make it light on yourself.

We've already established that the loser has to have the winner's logo in his sig. (We should probably set a time limit for that. Say one week.)

How about this: the loser has to spend 300 words (give or take) in my next column, extolling the virtues of the winning team? We may need Muck or AJ's approval for that, though. What say you guys?

Back
Top Bottom