3Ps Totally off topic Heat/Pistons thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3Ps Totally off topic Heat/Pistons thread

phunwin said:
We've already established that the loser has to have the winner's logo in his sig. (We should probably set a time limit for that. Say one week.)

How about this: the loser has to spend 300 words (give or take) in my next column, extolling the virtues of the winning team? We may need Muck or AJ's approval for that, though. What say you guys?

Cool with me. Since it's your column anyway, I won't have to do anything!

This is fun. For now; if the Heat lose tonight, I'll have two resons to be upset.

But they won't lose. My prediction: Heat will blow out the Pistons. It won't even be close. Seven Heat players will score in double digits while the Pistons futilely apply the same strategy of trying to disrupt Wade tonight. This is the game that will begin to break the Pistons' spirit for the rest of this short series.

It's on, baby.

:evil:

NaboCane said:
Cool with me. Since it's your column anyway, I won't have to do anything!

This is fun. For now; if the Heat lose tonight, I'll have two resons to be upset.

But they won't lose. My prediction: Heat will blow out the Pistons. It won't even be close. Seven Heat players will score in double digits while the Pistons futilely apply the same strategy of trying to disrupt Wade tonight. This is the game that will begin to break the Pistons' spirit for the rest of this short series.

It's on, baby.

:evil:

Well, no, you'll have to write a 300 word essay talking about how great the Pistons are and how they smoked the Heat. So there will be *SOME* work involved. :)

And for the record, I would be shocked if Miami loses tonight. Absolutely stunned. I would bet my house on a Miami victory, except for the fact that we don't close until August and in any event my wife would drop me like a bad habit if I did.

Game 2...

OK; that was closer than it needed to be.

Detroit does what they do very well, give them credit where it's due. But I am sorely disappointed in how Van Gundy has coached the team in the playoffs so far.

You have veteran talent that was brought on board for their experience at precisely these times - so WTF was Rasual Butler doing on the floor ahead of Laettner late in this game!? It's not so much that he's getting outcoached by Brown - which would be expected - it's that he's managing his personnel badly so far.

And the rest of the Heat needs to step it up to the level of effort that Wade is modeling; giving up all those offensive rebounds to the Pistons is unforgivable. How many of Detroit's points tonight came on second and third opportunities?

I'm looking forward to game 3; it should be a war, right down to the final buzzer.

I'll tell you what, though - the Spurs aren't going to know what hit them come the Finals.

Frankly, I thought the Heat were going to blow Detroit's doors off. Dwyane Wade blew up, the Pistons took the entire second quarter off, and Miami still just won by 6. To the extent that there's a moral victory in a seven-game series, that qualifies.

Still, a win is a win, and this looks like it's going to be one of the best conference finals in recent history.

bah we crumbled in the 3rd thats all.. otherwise it would have been diffrent.

regardless this moring i been singing the heat song all day long :)
I really think we are going to split u pin detroit also

Can you feel the Heat down in your soul
I feel the Heat down in my soul
Can you feel the Heat their in control
I feel the heat their in control
Can you FEEEEEL IT
I FEEEEL IT
ITS MIAMI HEAT
WE CAN'T BE BEAT
ITS MIAMIT HEAT!!!!!

phunwin said:
Frankly, I thought the Heat were going to blow Detroit's doors off. Dwyane Wade blew up, the Pistons took the entire second quarter off, and Miami still just won by 6. To the extent that there's a moral victory in a seven-game series, that qualifies.

Still, a win is a win, and this looks like it's going to be one of the best conference finals in recent history.

Hey, Miami took the entire 3rd quarter off as well. What it boils down too, is that very good defensive teams do not usually get blown out, not in the playoffs, and not if they get good production from at least two of their scorers in each game. Plus the Pistons have been in this spot before, and it shows. They have poise, and a pretty good team. I'll still take Miami in 7

Detroit is hell on D, but they get away with a lot, and cry on every single foul, no matter what. That is called being pretty damn well coached.

I loved that Mourning/Shaq combo on the floor. It really gave Zo the chance to get on the defensive and slap some shots.

D. Wade proved he is the real deal against one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Detroit is WAY too lucky that Shaq is crippled, or they would have been teh next sweep victims. With the Diesel at 50% they have the edge.

But this Heat team will have a shot.

As good as Van Gundy is, I wish we had a guy the caliber of Larry Brown on our sidelines......or Pat Riley. Who wouldn't have wanted to see Riles get one last title. Especially with Wade and O'Neal on the roster.

Anyway, the level of preparation and execution shown by the Pistons really makes me long for this kind of coach. But it's going to be a long time before we have another coach. If the Heat find a way to beat the Pistons, however.....I'll change my tune. :)

fin-atic said:
Detroit is WAY too lucky that Shaq is crippled, or they would have been teh next sweep victims. With the Diesel at 50% they have the edge.

:roflmao:

Matt, when you trade for a 7 footer who's played the last five years of his career at least 50 pounds overweight (and played last year about 80 pounds overweight), it shouldn't come as a huge shock when he gets injured and takes a long time to heal. That would be akin to me saying something like, "well, if Rasheed Wallace didn't pick up that stupid technical foul and get ejected, Detroit would have won the game." That's the inherent risk you take with a guy like that.

It's the same thing as Laker fans last year who griped, "well, if Karl Malone hadn't been injured, we might have won that series." Ignoring the sheer stupidity of such a statement for a moment, the fact is that when you bet that much on the health of a 41 year old power forward, you're building a foundation on a house of cards. Same thing with Shaq and his health. You didn't REALLY think he'd play 82 games and be 100% for the playoffs, did you?

To his eternal credit, he slimmed down to about 320 this year, which is what he should have been playing at all along. But all that added wear and tear breaks players down over time, particularly big men.

I refuse to believe Shaq is merely suffering from a thigh bruise. No thigh bruise in the world lasts 6 weeks. All those years of adding bulk at the expense of his speed and explosiveness are have caught up to Shaq; I would bet that it's his knees that are the problem, and the training staff doesn't want to say so.

Muck said:
As good as Van Gundy is, I wish we had a guy the caliber of Larry Brown on our sidelines......or Pat Riley. Who wouldn't have wanted to see Riles get one last title. Especially with Wade and O'Neal on the roster.

Anyway, the level of preparation and execution shown by the Pistons really makes me long for this kind of coach. But it's going to be a long time before we have another coach. If the Heat find a way to beat the Pistons, however.....I'll change my tune. :)

Well, we won't have a guy the caliber of Larry Brown on our sidelines next year either. :cry:

phunwin said:
Well, we won't have a guy the caliber of Larry Brown on our sidelines next year either. :cry:

And that's a damn shame. I hope that he can work out his health issues so that he can continue coaching.

Muck said:
If the Heat find a way to beat the Pistons, however.....I'll change my tune. :)

I'm beginning to change my tune. :)

Mindwarp said:
Go heat although we did get a few calls for a change :)

They did, for a change; and yet still, Zo fouled out, Shaq, Haslem and Wade had 5. I think the officials need to let them play, period. I thought the Heat were getting the shaft on calls until tonight, and they still did - just that the refs started calling all the reaches by the Pistons' defenders too.

It's an exciting series, just let 'em play, dammit!

Back
Top Bottom