3rd and 6 - 4th Quarter - 1.55 Min. to go - Jimmy Wilson Covering Reggie Wayne??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3rd and 6 - 4th Quarter - 1.55 Min. to go - Jimmy Wilson Covering Reggie Wayne???

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I know we won and I'm happy we did... But how in the world did we even let Jimmy Wilson cover the Colts' best receiver on that 3rd and 6 which was the most important play of the game???? We all knew that Luck was going after the weakest link just like he went after Trusnik when Koa Misi was out on one play...

I hope that Patterson will be ready for that Falcons game...

I know we won and I'm happy we did... But how in the world did we even let Jimmy Wilson cover the Colts' best receiver on that 3rd and 6 which was the most important play of the game???? We all knew that Luck was going after the weakest link just like he went after Trusnik when Koa Misi was out on one play...

Bingo....Jimmy Wilson IMHO is the weak link, he can not seem to cover anybody :-(

Jimmy actually had excellent coverage on that play if I am thinking of the correct play. But yes when Patterson and Davis get back, Wilson will ride the bench as he should

Wayne moved into the slot that play, and that's why Wilson was covering him.

The coverage wasn't even really bad on that play. But yeah, if I never see Jimmy Wilson on the field again, I'll be pretty OK with that.

Wilson played pretty good yesterday, in fact, the coverages in the second half were very good for the most part. The Colts got what they thought would be a mismatch by moving Wayne into the slot but it didn't work.

Good job by their OC to move Wayne around...who else are you going to put out there as your 3rd CB? R.J. Stanford? He was the only other CB active for the game...Will Davis, Jamar Taylor and Dimitri Patterson all hurt and inactive.

The only thing wilson should be covering are punts and kick -offs!!!

Known weakness. That why he was targeted. Does not turn his hips very well.

Good job by their OC to move Wayne around...who else are you going to put out there as your 3rd CB? R.J. Stanford? He was the only other CB active for the game...Will Davis, Jamar Taylor and Dimitri Patterson all hurt and inactive.
I thought Patterson was active but they decided against using him.

Jimmy Wilson was pretty bad in that game but in his defense, the coverage on that specific play was actually solid.

It's a tough situation because 3 of our top 5 corners were all injured - that means he's like a #6 CB - he's not supposed to be seeing this much play time.

You know, Wayne is a pretty good receiver. He IS going to get his catches. As much as I'd love to have 3 & outs every time, they get paid too. Wilson wasn't a complete stinker out there.

From what I can tell Jimmy had an inside technique and Wayne ran an out. Tough to cover for anybody.

You know, Wayne is a pretty good receiver. He IS going to get his catches. As much as I'd love to have 3 & outs every time, they get paid too. Wilson wasn't a complete stinker out there.

I agree with you but why was our worst CB covering their best WR?

The Colts had the same matcup on the 4th and 10. I noticed Wilson in the slot on Wayne and we called TO. At the time I assumed that was why, maybe setting up to double Wayne. I wish we would move are WR's around to get the matchups we want like other teams do to us. Maybe we will down the road. Many times fans like to talk about this guy vs that guy but for the most part teams leave their CB's in their positions and do not shadow. I don't know that I've ever seen us shadow a WR with a specific CB since 2002 when Marvin Harrison was murdering Jamar Fletcher then Madison starting shawdowing him.

Not to mention at many points earlier in game, Luck was throwing to Wilsons side and picking on him

Back
Top Bottom