3rd Round Jerome Baker | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3rd Round Jerome Baker

TBH I'd be ok with doubling up on LB. Maybe get Genard Avery in round 4. He's my favorite linebacker available and the dude is a tank. Granted, he moves really well, but he's a beast.

I get the reasoning for drafting Baker, but not a fan of the player. I saw him struggle bad against some iffy Big 10 QBs

Does picking Baker mean Kiko is our MLB because i think thats a horrible choice. we will get ran all over with kiko at MLB

I was hoping for Warner but he went in front of us, I like Baker as a poor mans Roquan.

I am more upset he stopped our run on players from my home state of New Jersey, LOL.

This team needed speed at the second level and this kid has that in spades. He ran a 4.37 forty. He's built like a safety, but he was brought in to be a nickel linebacker I believe.

4.37 40 yard dash...When?
at the combine he ran a 4.53 and 4.60

He may be quick but he's not 4.37 seconds quick

I found this little tidbit
"Baker is an absolutely incredible athlete with a 40-yard dash time of 4.37 according to the Ohio State football staff. That number might be a little farfetched"

Not too sure I'd put credence into that report/blog

Last edited:
I can’t really explain why but it seems like all of Urban Meyer’s defenders with the exception of Eli Apple(not giving up) have been better pro’s than college players. I like the pick. I actually got a #17 Ohio State Jersey for Christmas. At the time I thought it was odd but now I’m pretty happy with that gift.

I'm not complaining here. I know some people don't like the pick but I will wait to see him play at least a few games and see what he can do. Lots of speed is always a good thing and we're adding that.

Of course.. You are a Miami Dolphins fan. But you are excited for 2 draft picks who have yet to play a down in the NFL and not excited about a 3rd rd pick with potential who also happen to play 0 NFL plays.

Weak. Yeah I’m going to be more excited about players like Miami’s first two picks where they made game breaking plays in college consistently and less for a player that was just “solid”. No one in the draft has played 0 nfl plays. By your example no one should be excited about any drafted players.

Back
Top Bottom