3rd Round Jerome Baker | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3rd Round Jerome Baker

I would would have preferred a flaming turd over Kiko at Will next year. So by that alone Baker is an amazing pick. Come on guys. Minkah was an amazing 1st round pick that fell to us. TE was always slated as our 2nd round. That left OLB as our biggest need. Baker is solid. He can use some development but has great fundamentals. Nobody's mentioned special teams yet. His impact there with his speed is going to be huge. We have 2 picks coming in 4th. Great draft selections all around so far.

Not my favorite pick and after Lonzo Carter went off the board, I think you needed to move up for the kid out of BYU. The Smartest move would have been moving back into the second round for Carter, but it is what it is. The Dolphins look to want to add some athletes. Going to be interesting to see what his role is and how the LBs take shape on the field as I think TJ is going to be playing essentially the same type of position as Baker.

Chase Allen is gonna be your strong side this season.. but I get a hunch that we are gonna play less base D than we ever have this year. Get ready for one and two line backer looks get used to seeing McDonald near the los

You could Be looking at Howard, tank/Lippett, McCain, Jones, fitz, and McDonald all on the field at the same time pretty often this year

I don't think we will be running a typical S/WLB 4-3. The outside guys are more or less interchangeable.

Question is, Raekwon or Kiko at MLB...

I am not entirely sure why people see the need to overreact to this because he wasn't the LB they wanted in the third round.

If you took a poll of which three positions that Finheaven members would have preferred to be addressed in rounds 1-3, I'd bet the leading three positions would have been LB, S, TE, in some order.

I'm amazingly happy with the first two rounds, and satisfied with the third. If I had to *guess*, I'd say that the Fins liked what they saw in his coverage ability enough to draft him as a coverage LB on passing downs, and saw him as a good complement for what they're trying to do on defense. I didn't know as much as I would have liked about the kid, but everything I read seems positive. I wouldn't expect to see him on the field in a lot of short-yardage situations, but I think this means we won't see Kiko on the field on obvious passing downs any more, either.

I don't think we will be running a typical S/WLB 4-3. The outside guys are more or less interchangeable.

Question is, Raekwon or Kiko at MLB...

If it's not Raekwon, I'll be....disappointed. But I think we definitely need to see the kid in action first.

As someone who was a big Telvin Smith fan coming out of FSU and people just calling him a safety, I see Baker in that same light. I was higher on Telvin Smith, but I'm perfectly fine with Baker here in the third.

These hybrid body types seem to be the new thing in the NFL, especially since many tight ends are just big receivers now. Gotta have the speed to keep up with those seam threats.

The Dolphins were determined to NOT take a QB at that slot regardless........So............Baker it is.

It would not surprise me in the slightest to see them pick one in the fourth. We've seen two "groom for the future" QB go in the first three rounds. There's still a ton of QB out there...the run HAS to start soon. I don't know if Falk or Lauletta make it to the Fins...they'd probably have to go up to get them. If that doesn't work out, remember that the Fins met with Alex McGough right before the draft, and he'll probably be there late or as a UDFA

So 2 new dolphins on that list. Gesicki benches 410lbs?? Holy crap!
And what makes that even more impressive is his size, 6'6" with long arms, which means a longer rep travel than your average dude.

We do not have a SLB. any free agents available?
Genard Avery Memphis 6-1 248 is a very good prospect. I pretty sure we can get him with the 2nd pick in the 4th. We could trade and pick an extra pick as long as we got an early 5th and I think we can still get him. He can play both ILB/OLB.

Avery is a big, athletic linebacker with a history of production whether he's playing inside or outside linebacker. While he's a little tight-hipped, his movement in the open field is generally unencumbered. Avery offers versatility and teams may choose to build on some of the rush talent he showed this season, but his best spot appears to be as a 4-3 strong-side linebacker with plus special teams ability.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/genard-avery?id=32462018-0002-5601-28e1-e2b71a3881c8

Back
Top Bottom