3rd Round Jerome Baker | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3rd Round Jerome Baker

People hate Kiko - we draft kikos coverage replacement - people hate the pick

I don’t get it
Neither do I. Talk about speed to spare...we just got quicker, a lot quicker......I for one am happy with the pick.

What's the big difference between this pick and the #44 Stephone Anthony we already have on the roster?

Also, it's SCARY how lazy #17 plays! He routinely watches his teammates make tackles.

Look at the McMillan tape below and pay attention to #17 Baker

Also note the long TD against him at the 4:29 mark...Lazy defender..

Last edited:
Upside/potential pick. Not bad but there were better players available ... at LB even. Jefferson was jumping off the page there.

Passing on Rudolph in the 3rd round ... oof.

The Dolphins know exactly what they are getting from Baker.

Did you guys see that INT me made in the Ohio State intersquad scrimmage?

Dude definitely played on the offensive side of the ball in HS.

The Dolphins know exactly what they are getting from Baker.

Did you guys see that INT me made in the Ohio State intersquad scrimmage?

Dude definitely played on the offensive side of the ball in HS.

I think you are my fellow buckeye fan.. so im assuming you’ve seen every snap this guy hasn’t taken too

This defense is gonna have a different look than we’ve seen the past few years.. and he’s gonna fit the mold very well - we didn’t draft him to Be the typical 4-3 weak side we’ve grown tired of watching

I'm hoping Jerome Baker pans out well so we can dump Kiko.

Baker seems a coverage weakside linebacker. He's got good play speed. I think he's similar but not nearly as good as Roquan Smith. I actually think Roquan might have been the Dolphins top choice (even over Minkah). But a player like Roquan or Jerome, in order for them to do well, you have to keep them clean of blocks or they'll get smothered. I'm not sure the Dolphins have that defensive line to eat up blocks and maintain their gaps to really let a weakside linebacker stand out.

Dolphins real hope at linebacker still is for Raekwon McMillan to break out and champion this defense.

I can’t really explain why but it seems like all of Urban Meyer’s defenders with the exception of Eli Apple(not giving up) have been better pro’s than college players. I like the pick. I actually got a #17 Ohio State Jersey for Christmas. At the time I thought it was odd but now I’m pretty happy with that gift.

BTW, get the lottery numbers from the person who gave you that gift.

New theme here is speed, great athletic guys that are smart and come from winning programs. Bama,Penn ST and Ohio ST so far

Bingo.. we’ve taken two Ohio state linebackers in the past two years.. and they were coached by...

Greg Schiano and billy Davis - who both have ran nfl defenses before

The culture change is real

Then you’ve got Minkah from the saban tree

I like the player, I don’t like the pick. He likely would have been available in the 4th imo. Plus there were some good players on the board I thought were better.

Also, I thought Miami would experiment with McDonald at LB or some kind of hybrid position after picking Fitzpatrick, but this pick probably puts and end to that speculation.

Seems Miami wants to have Hybrid athletic LBs over powerful, can take on blockers. He does seem to show some good potential, but he does need to show a bit more quicker instincts...greats athleticism though....

Haven't read through all the posts, but I find it interesting Baker's build is similar to that of Jones and TJM

Back
Top Bottom