3ypc 1.11: Dom Capers, Bobby Mccain, Minkah, Ol Starters | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.11: Dom Capers, Bobby Mccain, Minkah, Ol Starters

Jakeem Grant corrected me on twitter.

His track and field profile has him with a fastest 100 meters at 10.41 seconds in his senior year of high school. But that website doesn't let you look at previous years (junior, sophomore, etc) unless you're a member.

I wrote that Jakeem Grant's 10.41 seconds 100 meters would have cleared him beyond Round 1 and into Round 2 of the Beijing Olympics, which was the most recent summer games at the time Jakeem ran that 100 meters time.

He corrected me and said he ran a 10.32 seconds in his junior year.

All this stuff about Kenyan Drake vs. Kenny Stills vs. Albert Wilson vs. Jakeem Grant in a race is pure nonsense. Those other three at their BEST were running in the 10.8's.

Jakeem Grant's fastest 10.32 seconds is exactly what the track and field site has on record as Tyreek Hill's fastest (10.32 seconds).

Those are the two guys who need to race.

I can’t remember a faster Miami Dolphins offense. This has to be the most speed we’ve ever had.

Jakeem Grant corrected me on twitter.

His track and field profile has him with a fastest 100 meters at 10.41 seconds in his senior year of high school. But that website doesn't let you look at previous years (junior, sophomore, etc) unless you're a member.

I wrote that Jakeem Grant's 10.41 seconds 100 meters would have cleared him beyond Round 1 and into Round 2 of the Beijing Olympics, which was the most recent summer games at the time Jakeem ran that 100 meters time.

He corrected me and said he ran a 10.32 seconds in his junior year.

All this stuff about Kenyan Drake vs. Kenny Stills vs. Albert Wilson vs. Jakeem Grant in a race is pure nonsense. Those other three at their BEST were running in the 10.8's.

Jakeem Grant's fastest 10.32 seconds is exactly what the track and field site has on record as Tyreek Hill's fastest (10.32 seconds).

Those are the two guys who need to race.

It might be the body build (more girth on Hill makes him look more powerful) or the running gait (Grant looks more choppy in his steps) but the eyeball test tells me Hill is faster. Obviously not by much, but he doesn't see to have a top end speed and just keeps accelerating.

Whereas, Grant, seems to get to the top end speed very quickly and hangs there.

It might be the body build (more girth on Hill makes him look more powerful) or the running gait (Grant looks more choppy in his steps) but the eyeball test tells me Hill is faster. Obviously not by much, but he doesn't see to have a top end speed and just keeps accelerating.

Whereas, Grant, seems to get to the top end speed very quickly and hangs there.

Doesn't matter, Jakeem has better quicks just based on physics.

Also, Jakeem wins the "most out of place tackler" or "wtf was that guy trying to tackle" photos.

titans-dolphins-football-jp-21.jpg

Doesn't matter, Jakeem has better quicks just based on physics.

Also, Jakeem wins the "most out of place tackler" or "wtf was that guy trying to tackle" photos.

You kid, but it's really hard to tackle the guy. It's tough to get that low to the ground.

Think about this, he had 7 missed tackles on only 13 catches.

That is...INSANE.

No WR in the NFL this year even came close to that. The closest were probably Albert Wilson forcing 15 missed tackles on 42 catches, and Cordarrelle Patterson forcing 9 missed tackles on 31 catches.

What game was it im tryin to think back but grant catches a simple maybe 10-15 yard pass and two Bengals (I think?) try to tackle grant and they both just bounce off and as soon as they do the gameday announcers like oh and he's gone. The two defenders bounced right off grant and he just turns on the Jets for 6

What game was it im tryin to think back but grant catches a simple maybe 10-15 yard pass and two Bengals (I think?) try to tackle grant and they both just bounce off and as soon as they do the gameday announcers like oh and he's gone. The two defenders bounced right off grant and he just turns on the Jets for 6

There are guys with great long speed and there are guys with tremendous lateral quickness/loose hips. Grant is that even more rare bird who is off the charts in both respects. He’s that guy who instills a special kind of panic in the defenders when he has the ball.

As for Drake, I saw him at Alabama and he was on my list in that draft. Even still, I really didn’t appreciate what an insane physical specimen he is. The kid is ripped in that Cameron Wake kind of a deal. Drake can do some Todd Gurleyish things out there. He can be an absolute monster.

He also created 2 missed tackles on his 3 run plays in 2017. So that 7 on 13 number is really 9 on 16. He created 2 missed tackles on his 8 catches in preseason...so 11 missed tackles on 24 touches.

That's more missed tackles than RB Doug Martin created on nearly 150 touches.

I love Grant, also Texas Tech produces some great receivers. His speed is insane and the way he can stop on the dime is great. I cannt wait to see more of him this season. We might have lost the best slot receiver in the league and still improved the position. Grant ,Drake,Stills and our new tight end is a lot of speed, Now all we need is Parker or Carroo to step up

Last edited:
The team speed overall is much improved. Lots of young fast players.If Gase can put it all together this team will surprise the national media.

You kid, but it's really hard to tackle the guy. It's tough to get that low to the ground.

Think about this, he had 7 missed tackles on only 13 catches.

That is...INSANE.

No WR in the NFL this year even came close to that. The closest were probably Albert Wilson forcing 15 missed tackles on 42 catches, and Cordarrelle Patterson forcing 9 missed tackles on 31 catches.

Honestly, I'm surprised BB didn't try converting one of his 5'9" WRs to CB for a week to cover him just to reduce the height differential a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom