3ypc 1.12: Bobby Mccain, Jakeem Grant, Novelty Lighters, John Avery | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.12: Bobby Mccain, Jakeem Grant, Novelty Lighters, John Avery

He sounds English and easy for me to understand.

She sounds Scottish not English both from the United Kingdom - only meant she sounds like she knows him well...

He sounds like he may have been on the radio before, like it was his job. Very intelligent with the gift of gab...talks fast

Suppose he could pop off some British slang and have everyone scratching there heads
https://www.smartling.com/blog/50-british-slang-words-phrases-you-need-to-know/

Had a friend on comm's in game and he would talk so you could understand, but if talked to someone in his house - you knew it was English but you wondered what the heck he said.

He sounds English and easy for me to understand.

She sounds Scottish not English both from the United Kingdom - only meant she sounds like she knows him well...

He sounds like he may have been on the radio before, like it was his job. Very intelligent with the gift of gab...talks fast

Suppose he could pop off some British slang and have everyone scratching there heads
https://www.smartling.com/blog/50-british-slang-words-phrases-you-need-to-know/

Had a friend on comm's in game and he would talk so you could understand, but if talked to someone in his house - you knew it was English but you wondered what the heck he said.

My favorite British slang word is "slag"...

excellent opening dick talk!

got the greenlighttech.com

bobby mccain on the rise

jakeem grant could be a genius

all in all fun and entertaining!

great job!

BTW - Armando speaks very highly of you.

You know what's funny about it though? When he just calms down and is like, just TALKING with Adam, rather than performing...it's so much better. That's when he comes across as what he is which is a guy that knows a ton of things about the team and has tons of experience. But he's putting on this Vaudevillian act almost and it's like uuuughh...so painful!!!

That would be my constructive criticism for him, rather than just sounding like I'm slagging him off. (see what I did there?) Put away the jokes and sarcasm and the performance art and just talk some Dolphins with the guy next to you.

Last edited:
Any constructive criticism or suggestions?

Aside from requesting 2 episodes a week!

You guys are great. The flow of the podcast is really done well. I enjoy the back and forth banter and Simon sometimes says things that are so hilarious but he doesn't even seem to know it. Great job and 2 episodes a week when there is enough content would be even better!

That would be my constructive criticism for him, rather than just sounding like I'm slagging him off. (see what I did there?)

tumblr_nyiidvdRhb1qhwjmvo1_500.gif

Yeah, I should've defined slag...

Once again very informative and entertaining as all hell. You three have some nice chemistry...

Nobody asked ... but my vote is twice a week is twice a week during the season. recap / forecast.

Yeah I’m going to need two or three of these per week. Thanks in advance.

Dolphins talk starts around 9:00 minute mark.

Any criticism? Cut down the pre-dolphin talk, try to keep your parts more succinct. Some of the "explanations" go on, and on. Listeners zone out as it's rather monotone and lacks clarity.

Last edited:
Any constructive criticism or suggestions?

Aside from requesting 2 episodes a week!

I believe that two times a week would be to much at this time of the year. DURING the season though would be a different story. A MMQB type podcast reviewing the game on a Monday and then a game preview podcast on a Thursday or Friday. You could keep that format all the way through JAN/FEB. And when Free agency/Draft talk picks up you can go back to the once a week but increase the podcast length to 1hr and 15-30 minutes.

Any criticism? Cut down the pre-dolphin talk, try to keep your parts more succinct. Some of the "explanations" go on, and on. Listeners zone out as it's rather monotone and lacks clarity.
I would take this guys advice, sounds like he's broadcast a thing or two

You are a tad high on Grant imo. You act like he's gonna be all -pro. I think he's a nice role player but not a guy who is gonna dominate the league

I understand what you're getting at but most of the feedback we've gotten with respect to the way we start the show is positive. We have some connections with the Dan Le Batard show and starting off the way we do is intentional, and subject to advice.

Editing ourselves and keeping things succinct will always be a constant battle.

I understand what you're getting at but most of the feedback we've gotten with respect to the way we start the show is positive. We have some connections with the Dan Le Batard show and starting off the way we do is intentional, and subject to advice.

Editing ourselves and keeping things succinct will always be a constant battle.
This is certainly not a complaint as I understand you guys cant please everyone, but I usually listen to podcasts while going and coming back from work, which is like a 30 minute ride... This with the fact I also listen to other podcasts, I like to be able listen to parts that are related to why im listening to it in the first place.

If most of your listeners like it that way, there's really no reason to change the format. Im going to make this suggestion, take it or leave it. Some podcasts I listen to have timestamps to help listeners to skip certain parts and get to the relevent content in a more convenient way.

Back
Top Bottom