3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

Watched this numerous times and this is true. Poyer's hand was under Landry's facemask yanking the entire time before and after the whistle. That is why Landry ran directly back to him.
Even if that is true (not going to deny it may have happened)

how is that and some pushing and shoving equal to be strangled?

Well having your facemask grabbed and yanked around is scary because it can cause neck/spinal injury. I can reasonably make the assumption that it provoked Landry into a rage to go after the person who did it...which he did.

"I was just defending myself," Landry said. "I guess the second person is always getting caught. It was just putting hands underneath my facemask. The whistle was already blown, I already scored the touchdown. Like I said, I was just defending myself and protecting myself and they threw the flag on me."

Landry later added: "I regret I put my teammates in a bad spot and I put myself in a bad spot. But, again, I do have a career to protect. If somebody tries to jeopardize that, I have the right to defend myself too."

Coincidentally, this was not why Landry was ejected. He was ejected for disrespecting an official.

Last edited:

I can’t answer this question. I’d like to but, I’m not finding where Landry strangled someone to give you my take.

Well having your facemask grabbed and yanked around is a scary because it can cause neck/spinal injury. I can reasonably make the assumption that it provoked Landry into a rage to go after the person who did it...which he did.

Coincidentally, this was not why Landry was ejected. He was ejected for disrespecting an official.
Oh yeah I get what you’re saying there, and agree he was defending himself. But he’s shown to have a hot temper in his nfl career and looking for a big pay day, you’d like to see some more self control. They both lost control but I still don’t see Drake’s reaction being THAT bad

Look guys everyone is entitled to their opinion so as long as you post respectfully it's fine to have a disagreement on this. To be honest I'm usually the one to defend Dolphin players actions and at the time I did defend our guys retaliating however looking back i think it was a built up anger and response for the way our season ended that cause the incident to explode.
Jarvis was always an edgy player. That fiery spirit we all loved is the same one that probably made the decision to let him leave a little easier.

Perspective sure has changed about that fight. Now what in the world could have changed between now and then? Oh yeah ...

P-R-E-D-I-C-T-A-B-L-E.

Bob makes a good point. Last year I believe we had a poll and something like 80% of us wanted to find a way to keep Landry, Many were pissed off we had not already worked out a deal. i remember the term heart and soul of our team being thrown out. Now that he is gone and additional info has come out this has changed plus his comment about our QB only reinforced the negative opinion. I'm sure that same poll would be very different if conducted now.
Still you can not be too hard on a member who continues to support him.

Bob makes a good point. Last year I believe we had a poll and something like 80% of us wanted to find a way to keep Landry, Many were pissed off we had not already worked out a deal. i remember the term heart and soul of our team being thrown out. Now that he is gone and additional info has come out this has changed plus his comment about our QB only reinforced the negative opinion. I'm sure that same poll would be very different if conducted now.
Still you can not be too hard on a member who continues to support him.
Good point, but then again that was before he became a beyotch, biting the hand that literally got him fed! (RT17's).

Frankly, it made it easier for many of us to:
  • believe the narrative about his unwillingness or mental limitations to master complex route running as Gase prefers his wideouts to do;
  • better understand even beyond that, Gase's willingness to unload him based on chemistry, attitude and hotheadedness and;
  • the FO's refusal to pay a limited slot 10ypc elite WR $$.

“an intriguing component in the Crimson Tide backfield, but his tenure in Tuscaloosa has been punctuated with visits to Nick Saban 's doghouse. In 2012, he was suspended for an unspecified violation of team rules. A year later, he was left off the travel roster for the season opener against Virginia Tech because, according to Saban, " he didn't do what he was supposed to do. "

https://www.al.com/articles/13354060/kenyan_drake_needs_a_few_pages.amp

Poyer shoved his hand under Landry’s helmet after the whistle. That’s why Landry “started the fight”. And Drake was right there when it happened and then shoved Poyer too.

View attachment 12662

You said earlier he had a long arrest history. So far I've seen a few suspensions from the team for rules violations and one arrest for going under a yellow tape at a crime scene to get to his car. What were some of the other arrest? Were they anything more serious than the arrest noted?

You said earlier he had a long arrest history. So far I've seen a few suspensions from the team for rules violations and one arrest for going under a yellow tape at a crime scene to get to his car. What were some of the other arrest? Were they anything more serious than the arrest noted?
There was nothing else. He's trying to belittle drake to raise up Landry. Landry is the one on tape hitting a woman btw

Back
Top Bottom