3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

Good point, but then again that was before he became a beyotch, biting the hand that literally got him fed! (RT17's).

Frankly, it made it easier for many of us to:
  • believe the narrative about his unwillingness or mental limitations to master complex route running as Gase prefers his wideouts to do;
  • better understand even beyond that, Gase's willingness to unload him based on chemistry, attitude and hotheadedness and;
  • the FO's refusal to pay a limited slot 10ypc elite WR $$.

The comment certainly reinforced that narrative and was a really dumb thing to do. Bob's point was we have a tendency to support guys still on our team and believe only the positive however once they are gone that changes quickly.
Would your feelings be different if Jarvis had said Tannehill was terrific and they got along fabulously ?
I'm sure that unnecessary comment only helped to highlight the negatives that you mentioned.

The comment certainly reinforced that narrative and was a really dumb thing to do. Bob's point was we have a tendency to support guys still on our team and believe only the positive however once they are gone that changes quickly.
Would your feelings be different if Jarvis had said Tannehill was terrific and they got along fabulously ?
I would have wished him well instead of actively rooting for him to fail..

But we know that Tannehill was the one responsible for clueless and desperate Cleveland paying him elite receiver money so I would have expected him to acknowledge that instead of cozying up to Taylor on the basis of some nearly meaningless OTAs. Being that's my baseline, it became #EyesWideOpen!

Bottom Line: it's like a GF or spouse... you tend to overlook their blemishes because they're part of you, but when that changes, time and perspective enables you to see things more objectively.

Random question. Is Landry really hitching his wagon to Taylor? I mean Mayfield is potentially the franchise, Taylor is just holding the spot until he's ready

That's fair Vaark and it pissed me off as well just saying our perception of him changed quickly after that and if a member wants to look past that and defend him for his work here before he left that's ok too

Nick I think it's probably a good move for a new receiver to kiss up to this QB even if that guy it not the long term starter. Might get him a few more looks once the season starts.
He could have done this without the put down of our guy. That was just a dumb move on his part.

To be honest, while I didn't like the statements from Landry, I think he was talking about the Browns qb situation in general and not just Taylor vs Tannehill. The Browns have a veteran starting qb, backed up by a first round rookie coming off a Heisman season and then Drew Stanton as the third qb. Has Miami had an overall qb situation of that level in recent years? Sure I think Landry could have avoided all the talk by keeping his mouth shut, but I don't think the initial statement was as bitter as it was made out to be. But when he says the Browns qb "situation" is better than the "situation" he had in Miami he's likely telling the truth to a degree. Wouldn't we prefer to have Tannehill, Mayfield and Stanton over what we've had in prior years?

The cover up is worse then the crime. I agree what he said was dumb but not premeditated to come off as it did .But then he went on Twitter to delete his tweets involving them fishing and having private workouts. That's just dumb

He could have said good things about the Brown's QB's and left it at that. The dig was unexpected and did change our perception of him almost over night.

The stuff you mentioned Nick only made it worse,

Those in The Dolphins locker room soured on Landry a long time ago. His fate was sealed way before the fiasco with Buffalo. The fans are just now seeing it in real time

I am so glad Landry is gone. Looking forward to rooting for a team this year, never appreciated all the me **** he pulled. not surprised to read this after the fact, we are better without him.

fins up

Really sorry to hear all the negative Trump dialogue, maybe Simon should remember that Churchill was a Fatter —— and saved what was left of the British empire.

Since it was in the pod cast it's ok however we do not discuss politics in the main forum period so let not go down that road guy.

Better to ask CK about those comments in a PM or start a thread for discussion in the political section.

What in the blue hell are you even talking about

You’re comparing someone getting strangled/choked to what Drake or Landry may or may not have done. I’m wondering what you’re talking about?!?! You tried to make a point. I asked for clarification and you act like you never made the point...and I’m the crazy person!

Bob makes a good point. Last year I believe we had a poll and something like 80% of us wanted to find a way to keep Landry, Many were pissed off we had not already worked out a deal. i remember the term heart and soul of our team being thrown out. Now that he is gone and additional info has come out this has changed plus his comment about our QB only reinforced the negative opinion. I'm sure that same poll would be very different if conducted now.
Still you can not be too hard on a member who continues to support him.

Different because he’s not a Dolphin anymore...and I get it, you want to defend your team. I just don’t agree. I’m defending what’s right, regardless of it being my team. I’d stand up against my wife, family, parents, etc if they were wrong.

You said earlier he had a long arrest history. So far I've seen a few suspensions from the team for rules violations and one arrest for going under a yellow tape at a crime scene to get to his car. What were some of the other arrest? Were they anything more serious than the arrest noted?

Please quote my earlier comment about a “long arrest history”...oh you can’t!?!?? Because I didn’t say that.

Keep in mind the past 20 or so games Laundry was catching passes from Moore, Cutler and Fales while setting records for the Phins and has had 1000 yard seasons under 2 different coaches so giving credit to his performances to RT or even Gase is not totaly true. The best we can say is maybe it was scheme driven.
Laundry imo will be a good safty blanket for for a rookie QB and be a sparkplug for the forever rebuilding Browns.
So while there are issues to be discussed his performances or records he set, belong to Laundry and the guy showed up every game and didn't hold out like so many of these guys do the final year of his contract. Give the devil his due.
Looking forward to see how our new guys perform at TE and WR getting those snaps. We can certainly be more productive spreading the ball around to more than one reciever, the key will be QB play with the ability to spread the ball around and not stay locked on to a reciever.

Back
Top Bottom